Product RAVE: Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner

BadMamaJama

This is what kept my hair broken off for so many years. Having broken and damaged hair always led me to trying some "for damaged" or "strengthening" treatment. I was clueless. All my hair needed was a really great moisturizing conditioner and Kenra is it. I do an aphogee 2 min keratin treatment with my texlax now but that's about it as far as protein goes now a days.
Yes JazziLady. My hair needs more moisture than protein. I'm going to stick with light proteins and use this to give my hair what it needs. I'm 3 months into my relaxed hhj, and it's nice to finally find something that works, I mean really works for my hair.

MsLauren

Im deep conditioning with this right now. It's my first time using this & first of all it has no slip!! But my hair feels very soft so I'm going to wash it out in the morning & give an update.

LifeafterLHCF

Got my liter bottle today with 3.50 coupon grand total of 12.99. Had to go to the hood and get it and went today bc I was scared some folks would get it before I could get there on Saturday. Worth the drive. Won't need conditioner for quite some time bc I would be crazy 4 liter bottles of conditioner I could co-wash daily for a long time.

michelle81

I've been using this for a little over a year, it's hard for me to try anything else now.

Went into Ulta today and no liter bottles available. I saw the sale paper that came in the mail last week and couldn't believe it would be that price. I was wanting to get 3 liter bottles.

I think I'll stop back by tomorrow and see if they have more, if not I'll ask if they can order some for me.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I like it so much that when my handmade stash gets low, I will rely solely on Kenra. :yep: It works time and time again without fail. No hit or miss like many products I've tried. Very consistent.

ETA: @Honi, I didn't like the shampoo. I felt it put my hair in wheat protein overload.

Last edited:

Evolving78

it's a good conditioner, but it couldn't save my protein overloaded hair. i do like it though, but i don't think i will ever use it again. i try to stay away from moisturizing conditioners with protein in them.

cutenss

If you have a Beauty Brands in your area, there liter sale ends about mid August. I bought mine there. I have used it once, and jury is still out on whether I like it or not.

MsDes

I bought a liter of this while on sale Sat. I used it a long time ago and when I was relaxed and it was really good. I used it up to the last drop. Hope it works well on my natural hair. It has no cones which is a plus.

Rae81

I bought it while it was on sale at ulta. My hair is soft but it didn't nothing to detangle on hair . Next time I will have to add some oils to it or something

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D

Evolving78

divachyk
that conditioner worked fine for me, but after that aphogee nightmare, that conditioner turned on me. every time i would try to use, my hair would turn into straw and hard to detangle. i had to give up on it. i can barely use anything with protein in it. it has to be way on the bottom of the ingredient list for my hair to not go crazy.

caligirl

Girl, where have you been? I have used this conditioner for the past 4 years and it makes my coarse, nappy hair feel like butter! I buy two liter bottles per year and I'm straight!!

BlaqBella

Wow, I didn't know it had protein in it, but it used to have different outcomes for me too (i'm natural). Now I add raw honey and maybe castor oil and my hair loves it, even after using joico k-pak (I use heat weekly though).

divachyk

@divachyk
that conditioner worked fine for me, but after that aphogee nightmare, that conditioner turned on me. every time i would try to use, my hair would turn into straw and hard to detangle. i had to give up on it. i can barely use anything with protein in it. it has to be way on the bottom of the ingredient list for my hair to not go crazy.
You're like the 3rd person to inform me that Kenra just stopped working for them @shortdub78. That's interesting. Good info to know.

LightEyedMami

@divachyk
I'm glad you said that because my hair is the same way (very sensitive to protein) and i was considering trying this. I dont need to mess up anything

divachyk

@LightEyedMami/@shortdub78, I'm sensitive to protein also and have loved Kenra for the longest time. I've recently started using it exclusively and my hair is starting to freak out a bit. I've been roller setting more and I use -cone based products when doing so. Right now the jury is out as to if it's Kenra or the -cones that has my hair a bit upset. My post-DC hair is not feeling very soft. Instead, if feels very protein like. I'm not use to that with Kenra. My hair typically feels soft each and every time. But then again, I've never solely relied upon Kenra either. I use to rotate Kenra and my stash of handmades. A little too early to tell but perhaps Kenra is not meant to be a weekly DCner for me. My hope was to be dependent on an off the shelf DCner without having to rely on purchasing handmades.

Last edited:

Philippians413

I'm going to call the Ulta near me tomorrow to see if they have this in stock. I've never been to Ulta before so there's no telling what I'll walk out of there with in addition to this lol.

CodeRed

Glad you guys said this. It was on my list of things to get. I remember using it years ago and loved it so much but got rid of it in favor of natural products... will probably not repurchase because I liked the old formula a lot.

JerriBlank

They did. I didn't think I'll notice the difference until I used a little bit I had left of the old formula. The old formula is great and the new formula is good but great as the old.
Ugh, why do they do this? I knew there was an ingredient missing!