I've just tried Kenra

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I bought the Kenra on sale yesterday 2/$28 at Trade Secrets. When I got home, I first clarified with Elucence Volumizing Clarifying Shampoo, did a 2nd lather with Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo, and conditioned with Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner. I must say that I love the smell of both Kenra products!!! Anyhoo, when I rinsed the conditioner out, my hair did feel moisturized, but I didn't think that the slip would be that incredible. After soaking up excess moisture with the towel, I started to detangle with a wide-tooth comb. WOW! Even though my hair didn't have that extra-moisturized, slimy slip feel to it that I like with conditioners, that Kenra MC still allowed me to detangle my hair without much, or any, snagging (mind you I'm working with 2 months of newgrowth). Needless to say, this is a step-up from Elucence. Elucence conditioner provided very little slip. Well, anyway, I just wanted to share my experience with the Kenra. I'm gonna try it again tonight. I can't say that it's the best thing since sliced bread, but I can say that it is a good conditioner that I plan to continue to use :)

Yes, I just tried Kenra Mositurizing conditioner and I think it's very moisturizing. I also think it's a better rinse out than Elucence. I'm convinced now that Elucence is much better as a leave in for me. To me, slip does not necessarily equal moisture, so I really gauge how my hair feels after the water starts to dry out of it and it is very moisturized today. I love that it's thick and rich and loaded with humectants, my hair also likes most products with wheat protein too. This may be a keeper!

I love Kenra as well and I have since the first time I used it. It is one of my main staples. I highly recommend it for those whose hair tends to be dry.

I've been using these products all summer. I love how gentle the clarifying poo is. It leaves my hair clean, but definitely not stripped. I also love how soft and silky the moisturizing poo leaves my hair, and the conditioner just melts right into my strands.

I really don't know what's wrong with my hair, but I'm getting tired of it. I used the Kenra Shampoo & Conditioner again and they worked fine. The shampoo, I can't expect much from considering it's for cleansing. The Conditioner is fine; the moisture is great, but the slip is just okay. I tried using the Elucence MB Conditioner as a leave-in...why????????? Using that as a leave-in made my hair feel crappy. Anyway, I just proceeded to add my Elasta QP Foam Lotion & QB Heavy Cream and rollerset my hair. I'm tired of searching for the perfect products; I'm tired of wasting money; I'm just tired of this stupid hair color; I'm tired of breakage; I'm tired of my newgrowth; I'm tired of this stupid s**t....I'm just fed up. I have this stupid Elucence Shampoo/Conditioner sittin in my frickin closet. Maybe I'll just give it to my mom. The Kenra MC?? BLAH, it's still not perfect for me. Too bad the Platinum Shampoo/Reconstructor for Coarse hair doesn't come in liter bottles. I don't wanna keep payin $15/$17 for a 10oz bottle. After this, I guess I'll go back to my Paul Mitchel Instant Moisture. Screw my hair. There's no sense in fighting with a load of crap.

TSUprincess04 said:
I really don't know what's wrong with my hair, but I'm getting tired of it. I used the Kenra Shampoo & Conditioner again and they worked fine. The shampoo, I can't expect much from considering it's for cleansing. The Conditioner is fine; the moisture is great, but the slip is just okay. I tried using the Elucence MB Conditioner as a leave-in...why????????? Using that as a leave-in made my hair feel crappy. Anyway, I just proceeded to add my Elasta QP Foam Lotion & QB Heavy Cream and rollerset my hair. I'm tired of searching for the perfect products; I'm tired of wasting money; I'm just tired of this stupid hair color; I'm tired of breakage; I'm tired of my newgrowth; I'm tired of this stupid s**t....I'm just fed up. I have this stupid Elucence Shampoo/Conditioner sittin in my frickin closet. Maybe I'll just give it to my mom. The Kenra MC?? BLAH, it's still not perfect for me. Too bad the Platinum Shampoo/Reconstructor for Coarse hair doesn't come in liter bottles. I don't wanna keep payin $15/$17 for a 10oz bottle. After this, I guess I'll go back to my Paul Mitchel Instant Moisture. Screw my hair. There's no sense in fighting with a load of crap.

Dont give up on finding the right products. Color treated hair is just a little harder to take care of. This is the reason I grew my color out almost two years ago, the dryness was too much.

I really hate it. It seems as if nothing works for me anymore. Products that I used to like, don't match up to what my hair needs. I don't know what to do. The newgrowth is really getting on my nerves, now don't get me wrong, nappy is NOT bad, but it's just becoming harder and harder to deal with. I just remembered that I have a liter sized Paul Mitchell The Detangler in my closet; I guess I can use that along with the Kenra MC to give added slip for my newgrowth.

:( Oh please don't get discouraged, be patient with your hair and maybe don't do so much stuff at once. Maybe try some styles where you don't have to fool with your hair everyday. Next year this time you'll be glad you didn't give up. Now smile (and give your hair a hug):D

lol, thanks punchinella. I've since returned Kenra to Trade Secrets and got my money back. I'm gonna just stick to Elucence. I'm convinced that my hair has a mind of it's on. I tried the Elucence again on Saturday and Sunday, and each time it gave me a nice amount of slip...I don't get why it all of a sudden started working better for me. Maybe it's because of a pre-poo that I did...I dunno.

Back