Pre Poo'ing vs Deep Con. vs Co-washing?

Which of these 3 do you get Optimal Results?

• Pre 'pooing

Votes: 94 12.3%
  • Deep Conditioning

Votes: 417 54.7%
  • Co-Washing

Votes: 131 17.2%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 120 15.7%

• Total voters

WonderfullyMade

I'm new too, but I know that MSM is some kinda vitamin that you can get a walmart. And NTM is Neutragena Triple Moisture. Now can anyone tell me what conditioner washes are? And what is CBL?

Mars_Reiko

Pre-pooing worked great for me, I just had to stop because I had to stay in the shower longer. My hot water doesn't last too long:) But deep conditioning works just as well.

leleepop

I do all of the above now that I am transitioning. Once I'm fully natural I continue to do all three but not every time I wet my hair like now. Transitioning is not joke.:ohwell:

DarkAngell

i only deep condition. Con washes mean more maintenance on my hair. however when my transition is over im sure ill be singing a different tune.

Cleve_gryl

I voted for DC...I tried pre pooing but it didn't seem to do much for me. I didn't really care for cowashing much either :look: . Washing with poo and dcing with heat twice a week seems to do wonders for my hair.

tricie

Hey, sunshine_krissy!

I voted not sure because I my hair seems to love pre-pooing and DC; my hair laughed at me when I co-washed, like what the heck do you think you're doing, ding dong? :lol:

HTH!

tkj25

co-washing does it for me. i don't know how i got along before them. the moisture is amazing:) i don't pre-poo or deep condition.

flawdagator conditioner washing simply means washing your hair with conditioner instead of shampoo. alot of shampoos contain sodium lauryl sulfates (or derivatives thereof) which are really drying for hair. conditioners are more moisturising and will gently clean the hair all on its own. with co-washing, like most regime components, you really have to try it to see if it'll work for your hair. hth

Last edited:

Artemis

I voted for DCs. IMO, it's the only reason I have hair on my head :lol: .

If I were still natural, I would've voted Co-washing...That was a must back then...Can't do it now for some reason.

For me, pre-poo'ing is pointless :ohwell: .

sunshyne_krissy

tricie said:
Hey, sunshine_krissy!

I voted not sure because I my hair seems to love pre-pooing and DC; my hair laughed at me when I co-washed, like what the heck do you think you're doing, ding dong? :lol:

HTH!

LMBO!!!!:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Mook's hair

bravenewgirl87 said:
What if you do all three at the same time, is it damaging for the hair? Even if you have very dry hair?:confused:

Yeah, I'd like some input on this too. I did all 3 tonight. And my dag-on hair still feels kinda dry...what's the deal?:ohwell:
Pre-Poo i used VO5 plus Evoo
DC I used ORS replenishing pack under with a shower cap for about 45 minutes.
Then I rinsed that and co washed again with the ORS.

I'm about 6 weeks post relaxer and yes I have some nice NG but my hair is feeling all dry right now. Soft...but dry.
:confused:

myco

Mook's hair said:
Yeah, I'd like some input on this too. I did all 3 tonight. And my dag-on hair still feels kinda dry...what's the deal?:ohwell:
Pre-Poo i used VO5 plus Evoo
DC I used ORS replenishing pack under with a shower cap for about 45 minutes.
Then I rinsed that and co washed again with the ORS.

I'm about 6 weeks post relaxer and yes I have some nice NG but my hair is feeling all dry right now. Soft...but dry.
:confused:

I think you're still experiencing dryness because you used a conditioner with too much protein as your Co-wash and deep conditioner. I would only use ORS for a deep conditioner. There's really no extra benefit in deep conditioning with it and then applying it to your hair again.

I don't think it's necessary to do all three every time you wash. I think Conditioner washing is more like a regimen booster, as opposed to a staple. If I need a quick shot of moisture and softening, I conditioner wash. If my hair is sweaty, but I don't want to go through the whole shampoo/DC process, I know I can get a quick payoff by just conditioner washing. Things like that.

sexyeyes3616

DCing because it combats the damage of chemical treatments, coloring, heat styling and environmental pollution when deep conditioning your hair on a regular basis. This will help replenish lost moisture and keep locks shiny and resilient. So dc-ing is vital to hair health.

la flaca

chayil0427 said:
Actually pre-pooing with ApHogee has worked really really well for me. I think I get better results with that than deep conditioning most times.

Chayil

Do you do it with dry hair? Sorry, I am slow:look:

PinkPeony

I have to say all three in that order
co-washing
dc-ing
pre-pooing

I co-wash every other day or every day,DC bi-weekly or weekly and poo when needed.

tiffanyoneal

After I got a perm (something like telax) I was co washing like every other day. It was nice at first and it actually made my hair soooo soft and easy to style but it made my perm look old really realy old fast. It felt nice but I dont think I'll do that again.
I tried pre poo'ing and my hair looked very moisturized after I finished washing and air drying. When I deep conditioned my hair felt and looked the same. So for me its a tie with pre poo'ing and deep con. :)

Well DCing on dry hair is doing great for me, pre-pooing is too time consuming, so I'm going to start co-washing and see how that works, but if that doesn't work then I'm going back to pre-pooing and shampooing......

Aggie

For me, deep conditioning without a doubt. I am relaxed, transitioning to texlaxed and can't adjust to cowashing anymore than twice a week for now. I prepoo over night with either oil or conditioner (MT), and sometimes a combination of the two twice a week when I am using a shampoo containing sulfates the next day to wash my hair.

newflowers

I selected deep conditioning because if I were to do only one dc would be it. However, I do all three, and my hair loves me the best.

MummysGirl

Although I do all three and I love them all....

I'd say DC'ing because rinsing out the DC will almost be like cowashing and my DC always contains at least one oil, I prepoo with oils....

prospurr4

Well, I don't pre-poo and DC only 4 times a year (after a touchup), so my answer is co-washing, which I do once/week.

MizzCoco

I have to DC before i shampoo, so i really should have checked pre-poo? Either way, If i skip this step my hair is not happy.