I'd like to share my Co-Wash Concoction :)

sunshyne_krissy

Hey ladies. I know its rough finding the right regimen and getting people who have great sucess to share it with you, is like pulling teeth right??? Well I have concocted a recipe litterally overnight and it is the best thing in the world for me since the push-up bra:p . I have 3c/4a hair and I am currently transitioning with braids. I would like to share the following with everyone:

Batch #1 My Co-wash concoction:

1/2 bottle of VO5 Passion Fruit Smoothie Conditioner
4 TBSP. EVOO
3 cap fulls of cold pressed castor oil
2 cap fulls of jojoba oil
6 tsp. organic coconut oil
20 drops of pure essencial peppermint oil
2 squirts of Pantene R&N conditioner (optional, but I love it)
1 squirt of Nexuss Humectress Conditioner (optional, but I love it)
4 TBSP. Elasta QP Intense Conditioner (optional, but I love it)

mix mix mix mix- SET ASIDE

NOW:
Batch#2 MSM: In a small cup add 3 tsp. of MSM POWDER/ Get the one that has Vit. C mixed in it to help your scalp absorb the MSM : I get mine from the Vitamin Shoppe; it looks like this :

Then add 1/4 cup of spring/distilled water to it and stir it around. Place this mixture in microwave for 15 seconds and stir again until your MSM is dissolved. Mix batch 1 with Batch 2. From here I usually warm it up in the mircowave for 20 seconds so it wont be cold on my scalp and hair. it feels tingly like a massage b/c of the peppermint. oh i love it!! and smells like fruity doublemint gum...:D
Once a week I slather this concoction on after I've rinsed my hair in order to open up my pores first. Then I leave it on for about a min and then rinse. After my braids have air dried I notice a HUGE amount of softness and my new growth is strong and soft. I notice that I have to keep redoing a few braids every two weeks b/c my hair is growing like a weed litterally and I have only been using it for two weeks. I also have a leave in braid spray concoction with MSM in it if you would like that recipe let me know; I'd love to share.. ;)

You should be able to get all the oils and MSM at Vitamin Shoppe and the conditioners you can get at your BSS or drugstore.

If you have any questions feel free to post on this thread and I will respond.
I don't have the tech ability to post pics now but I will by my b-day in July So ya'll can see living proof of my newgrowth.

God bless, love ya!!

Last edited:
What is your braid spray concoction recipe, I am going to try to get my hair braided every 2-4 weeks for the summer and I would love to achive max growth.

evie

This mixture sounds great but how do you co-wash with this concoction and how often do you co wash your hair in a week?

Kimberly

I'm interested in your braid spray concoction, too. Can it be used even if not wearing braids? Can the conditioner be left on a little longer than one minute? I wouldn't want to over-condition my hair.

Tee

THanks for sharing. Looks like something I will try.

You are so right about people not wanting to share their secrets sometimes! lol So I appreciate.

*Best thing since the Push up Bra.:lachen: Oh yeah, I need to try out!!*
thanks again.

xippy

Interesting concoction. Thanks for sharing it.

I wear braids too, but I'm want to avoid build up on my braids. Have you experienced any build up. Everything I've read about caring for braids say to dilute your shampoos and conditioners with water and not to use cream conditioners. This mix seems like it would cause some build up.

evie

Silly me, :perplexed just noticed that you had explained your hair routine in your tread already. Need glasses to read the info in RED.:look:

sunshyne_krissy

Thanks all of you for posting.. Here is the recipe for the braid spray:

1/2 bottle of Infusium 23 Leave in Stregthener for Damaged Hair
1/2 bottle of African Royale Braid Spray
2 caps of cold pressed castor oil
3 tsp. MSM
1/4 cup of spring/distilled water
20-25 drops of peppermint oil
Spray this on your braids daily or when needed. You can also use this just on your hair even if you dont wear braid extensions or twists or what have you. My recommendation is to only use it on damp hair/braids after a co-wash or wash or even a quick rinse under a warm faucet for maximum absorbancy and softness. If this concoction feels too sticky to you, you can opt to add 1/4 cup more spring/distilled water.

Some of you are worried about build up with the co-washing concoction and maybe this braid spray too. I don't get hardly build up because I only spray this concoction on my hair and scalp only on damp braids and I make sure b/c It works best with open pores. MAKE SURE YOU RINSE THE CO-WASH OUT COMPLETELY to avoid matting. You are probably going to get matting anyway...sometimes that just comes with the style of wearing braids for two months. But with my regimen I get very, very little matting. I love my new regimen. I was getting a whole lot of matting before I decided to incorperate co-washing and weekly 'pooing with Creme of Nature.

HTH. Keep posting if you have more questions

sunshyne_krissy

Kimberly said:
I'm interested in your braid spray concoction, too. Can it be used even if not wearing braids? Can the conditioner be left on a little longer than one minute? I wouldn't want to over-condition my hair.

Kimberly:

Yes you can leave it on longer that 1 min. you can leave it on for an hour if you like too. You can even cover with a plastic cap and sit under the dryer as a deep co-wash its just that versitille. I don't always have time to deep co-wash but you CAN do that if you choose. HTH

Miss*Tress

This looks like a great recipe, sunshyne_krissy. Thanks for sharing.

Had you tried it before braiding? What were your results?

nelli711

That braid spray sounds awesome! I got everything except for the peppermint oil which I will be picking up tomorrow. Thanks girl!

sunshyne_krissy

Re: I'd like to share my Co-Wash/Braid Spray Concoction

**BRAID SPRAY UPDATE AND IMPROVED CONCOCTION**

As some of yall know I have just purchased some MTG sooooo I added a half bottle of the trial size to my braid spray and 20-30 drops of one part EUCALIPTUS (spelling:perplexed ) OIL/one part rosemary oil to my concoction and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. IT has a wild jungle scent to it...if that makes since...

For those of you who are MTG'ing you might like this concoction a lot better. For those who are not MTG'ing you might want to try it or if not then the original concoction works just as well. I like the MTG b/c I have edges I'm trying to grow out and the MTG allows me to transition a LOT faster with newgrowth growing like a weed...
HTH!

Keep posting if you have more questions

pattycake0701

Re: I'd like to share my Co-Wash/Braid Spray Concoction

sunshyne_krissy said:
**BRAID SPRAY UPDATE AND IMPROVED CONCOCTION**

As some of yall know I have just purchased some MTG sooooo I added a half bottle of the trial size to my braid spray and 20-30 drops of one part EUCALIPTUS (spelling:perplexed ) OIL/one part rosemary oil to my concoction and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. IT has a wild jungle scent to it...if that makes since...

For those of you who are MTG'ing you might like this concoction a lot better. For those who are not MTG'ing you might want to try it or if not then the original concoction works just as well. I like the MTG b/c I have edges I'm trying to grow out and the MTG allows me to transition a LOT faster with newgrowth growing like a weed...
HTH!

Keep posting if you have more questions

Thanks Sunshyne_Krissy!!! I've been looking for some daily spray recipes that incorporates some of these ingredients/products. I plan on trying the braid spray recipe tonight.

SparklingFlame

Thanks for sharing this! It sounds great. I'll be trying this on my next wash day except I'll be using Vo5 straberries and cream cond.

Cayenne0622

Thanks so much for sharing. I'm going to hold on to this because I don't have braids yet but I will be getting them soon. I don't want to post a dumb question about MSM so I'm going to do a search in LHCF first to find out what it is and not put the questions here. Thanks again!