What is your Regimen for C&G?

Bosslady1

Hi everyone on the C&G challenge!:)

Post your regimen/how you plan to up keep your braids & hair here.

Here is mine:

I made a mix of Givanni Vita Pro with Jojoba, Rosemary & Tea Tree Oil that I spray on my scalp nightly. In the day I use Neutrogena Silk Touch Leave-in. I rub/smooth it in my braids.

In two weeks I plan to mix some poo & water and run this through my braids while I am in the shower. Just as a way of pooing my hair from using all that leave in. Then I will follow up by doing the same thing with conditioner mixed with water. (more water than poo & cond) I will then tie my braids with a towel as a way of getting rid of extra water.

I use a doo rag in the night to cover my braids. It works!:)

Hidden_Angel

Mmm, well I'm doing braids/kornrows This year and then maybe a weave... I'm just going to be D/c,MN AND Leave ins while in braids

Kornrows: Deep condtions weekly,with MTG and leave ins

Weave- C/W with MTG and leave ins

Vitmans also strict diet and alot of running

Radianthealth

I made two different scalp tonics for my braid regime. One is made with Vodka, the other with Aloe Vera Juice. They work well on my scalp. I need to make sure that I keep up with the Infusium and wash my hair in the next couple of days.

amwcah

I'm pretty much following the regimen in C&G.

I wash every week with my diluted CON and cheap conditioner(SUAVE). To not fail the Boot Camp Challenge I also deep condition by saturating my braids with the Infusium 23 and African Pride Braid Spray. I then sit under my hooded hair dryer with a Cholestrol cap on for 60 minutes. I follow this up with a rinse (warm to cold). Lastly, I spray the scalp and braids with the Infusium 23 and African Pride Braid Spray. I seal with my ORS Hair spray.

newflowers

Good thread Bosslady1 -

I have been braided since December - two weeks in and then two - three days out; during the out times, I deep condition with Phytokarite and doing a couple of hot oil treatments with scalp massage before going back into braids - tomorrow for me.

I am wearing medium sized cornrows in two layers which I put up in a bun. I wash every other day because I'm also doing an exercise regime that makes me sweaty. After washing and conditioning, I rinse for about seven - ten minutes to make sure that I've cleared out any product that may be left in my hair. I wrap a towel to absorb the extra water. I then spray with Infusium, and then with a mix of Camellia and Shea Oils, and then finish with African Pride Braid Spray. On the days I don't wash, I rinse really well and use the same process. I am trying to cover my hair at night to keep the braids neat, but, so far, that's not working really well for me. If I tie the dorag or scarf tightly enough to stay in, I end up with an indentation and a headache. If I don't tie that tightly, I end up with the scarf in bed with me.

I am taking all of my vitamins - on the Vitamin Challenge too - and drinking a super protein fruit smoothie every morning. I've only been doing this part for one full week; I'm hoping that continued use of the vitamins, eating well, and exercise will increase the rate of growth and make for very healthy hair as well.

So far, I think this method is working really well. Every two weeks, I have another 1/4 to 1/2 inch of new growth. That's really a lot for me, so I am very happy with my progress. I would like to leave the braids in longer, but they look so messy that I just have them re-done.

I had originally planned to stay braided until Spring Break, but, since joining the C&G Challenge, I am going for August/September. I may have to relax in April and then back to braids, but I would like to wait until the end of the Challange.

I am seriously considering having all of the relaxed hair cut off, so I am starting from scratch when I relax again. I am torn though. Right now, my hair is about neck length in the back and below my ears on the side. I'd be cutting off about three inches if I start from scratch. It is hard to lose all of that length, but I'm trying to stay focused on healthy hair with strong ends. Though I haven't begun a phtojournal, I just started taking pictures this weekend when I took my braids out - I need to get on that, so I can document how well I am progressing for myself. There may come a time whenI need to see the progress for inspiration.

My intention is to have strong healthy should length hair by the end of this year and bra strap length by the end of next. We'll see after that.

Me2

Here's my Regimen
Spray every other day with Braid Royale or Sulfar 8 Braid Spray, Infusium 23, and Profectiv mixture. On the days I don't use the spray mix I use Herbal Essence Leave-in and seal with some type of oil usually castor oil.
I shampoo with SIlk Elements mixed with water and condition with Silk Elements mixed with water rinse and wrap with a towel. When hair is just slightly damp I use the spray mixture.
At night I sleep in a slik bonnet.

newflowers

Sareca -

Do you use the silk hydrolyzed protein from lotioncrafters, or do you another type from another source?

cutiebe2

Deep condition twice a week with a number to conditioners.
Moisturize daily with braid spray
oil the scalp with castor oil every other day
Use MTG every other day.
shampoo once every three weeks/as needed

Shea

I will Co wash twica a week and wash once a week with diluted poo and con. Oil scalp with sulphur8 at night and use Scurl and ElastaQP HTwo at night and in the morning with some jojoba oil. I have cornrows with synthetic hair but I throw a wig on it during the day. I will change corn rows every 6 weeks

sareca

newflowers said:
Sareca -

Do you use the silk hydrolyzed protein from lotioncrafters, or do you another type from another source?

Wow, how did you know? I use silk amino acids from lotioncrafters. I use hydrolyzed keratin protein from Styleone. They call it Pure Protein. It's basically water, keratin, and perservatives.

ETA: The first two ingredients (besides water) in Aphogee Green Tea Reconstructor are keratin and silk so sometimes I just add that instead of adding the pure stuff.

Last edited:

gelati

My regimen is, I wash my hair once a week because I exercise but I don't sweat like that in my hair.

So I use diluted shampoo and water in the empty bottle(Thanks Sareca!!!!).

My hair was so clean and I also conditioned my hair the same way. Then I spray my scalp with surge plus 14 mixed with WGO.

After that I spray my whole head with my braid spray mix which includes African Royale braid spray, Herbal Conditioning Tonic, NTM and Jojoba oil.

I'm also on the "Take my vitamin challenge" so I've been taking my vitamin everyday so far!!!!:clapping:

For breakfast I have a high fiber, high protein shake and it taste so good!!!!:guiness:

So far so good!!!!

bluwatersoul

I daily spray a mix of infusium, african pride and wgo on my braids.
I use NTM leave in or Suave tropical coconut conditioner as a leave in maybe every other day.
I co wash with suave 1-2x weekly.
I wash with CON every other week.

I am using Lenzi's request and Boundless Tresses on my scalp. Lenzi's has given me alot of new growth - I mean new hair - in between my braids. This is new hair that is too short to braid in yet, its a little disconcerting!:eek:

I started swimming a few times a week, and its giving me MAJOR fuzzies even wearing a cap. I can totally relate to newflowers - I have difficulty keeping a scarf/dorag on at night, but the rare times it stays on things look good!

Usually I will get up in the AM, spray my hair and style it right off, and put my scarf on tightly until its time to go -it helps control frizz.

sareca

gelati said:
My regimen is, I wash my hair once a week because I exercise but I don't sweat like that in my hair.

So I use diluted shampoo and water in the empty bottle(Thanks Sareca!!!!).

My hair was so clean and I also conditioned my hair the same way. Then I spray my scalp with surge plus 14 mixed with WGO.

After that I spray my whole head with my braid spray mix which includes African Royale braid spray, Herbal Conditioning Tonic, NTM and Jojoba oil.

I'm also on the "Take my vitamin challenge" so I've been taking my vitamin everyday so far!!!!:clapping:

For breakfast I have a high fiber, high protein shake and it taste so good!!!!:guiness:

So far so good!!!!

Welcome! :) I use that when my hair's not braided too. It gets clean, but not stripped; no special poos required. I use poos that have ALS or SLS and my hair did just as well. I think I stole that from Robin's web site.

I'm on the "Take my vitamin challenge" and I've been good too. I also take fiber every morning and have a protein shake at night. :yep:

Last edited:

newflowers

sareca said:
Wow, how did you know? I use silk amino acids from lotioncrafters. I use hydrolyzed keratin protein from Styleone. They call it Pure Protein. It's basically water, keratin, and perservatives.

ETA: The first two ingredients (besides water) in Aphogee Green Tea Reconstructor are keratin and silk so sometimes I just add that instead of adding the pure stuff.

I would like to say magic:p , but it's really spending hours and hours reading the boards here - especially protein ones. That was my nemesis - not using, not moisturizing after using - I am learning.

I really like the idea of adding the protein to the relaxer and to conditioners before moisturizing. I'm definitely going to have to try it. I'm alomsot out of Infusium and will give the Aphogee a try as I am trying to stay in C&G for several more months.

I was thinking of purchasing the Aminogenesis again and making sure I moisturize this time. I did not last time and added to my hair disaster, but these products look really good.

Do you relax and re-twist? I am torn about this one. I really NEED to do something about the new growth, but, right now, I'm just rebraiding as a way to avoid it all together.

Have you used any of the other Style One products?

shynessqueen

I really don't have a regimen, i just do what my hair tells me to do. I try to do a regimen but i get lazy and my hair told me she will be alright if i leave her alone. So that is what i do, i braid my hair and leave it alone.

RubyWoo

I pretty much follow Robin's Crown and Glory Method. Daily I use African Royale BRX braidspray or Mane n' Tail Braidspray at least 1-2 times per day. I also use Infusium 23 Leave in mixed with African Royale Braidspray and saturate my braids with that about 2 times a week.

Once a week I wash my hair using Den1's method (which is an excellent method btw) and it has helped my braids remain looking fresh. I use diluted shampoo and wash my braids with a stocking cap on. I did my first deep condition with braids this past weekend using Miss Key 10 en 1 (excellent deep con btw) and it was a success. I plan to do this once a week.

I plan to rebraid my edges every two weeks to minimize/eliminate build up. I just rebraided my edges/hairline two days ago and there was hardly any buildup which is impressive to me. I was a afraid there would be some since I deep conditioned with a creamy con but there wasnt. My hair is so soft and strong; I'm very impressed.

Also,I think I'll be using infusium 23 as a staple after I'm out of braids because it really strengthens the hair.

Last edited:

sareca

newflowers said:
I would like to say magic:p , but it's really spending hours and hours reading the boards here - especially protein ones. That was my nemesis - not using, not moisturizing after using - I am learning.

It's been magic for me. :yep: I tried following Robin's method exactly and it was not good, but I loved the idea of it; so I kept working on it. I've learned my hair needs conditioners and it needs moisture. Now if I take down a braid and it needs more moisture, I'll pulled out my trust empty bottle added some water and some Keracare Hairdress shake it and pour it on. The same thing (sans the water) I would have done if my hair wasn't braided. I'm much less worried about build up than dry or neglected hair. I've never had massives tangles or had to cut anything out. I just go slow and after I take the synthetic hair off I focus on pulling on strand of hair from the tangle at a time. It always works.

newflowers said:
I really like the idea of adding the protein to the relaxer and to conditioners before moisturizing. I'm definitely going to have to try it. I'm alomsot out of Infusium and will give the Aphogee a try as I am trying to stay in C&G for several more months.

That Aphogee Green Tea Reconstructor is a protein mix that is designed to be a leave-in. Enough said. Oh and my hair hated Infusium. :nono:

newflowers said:
Do you relax and re-twist? I am torn about this one. I really NEED to do something about the new growth, but, right now, I'm just rebraiding as a way to avoid it all together.

I don't relax, but my hair has only been outside of braids for about 4 days this year. I'm doing them back to back. I cut my hair in Dec and I love it, but I'm using C&G to grow it back fast and w/o missing the length.

I might relax in May, but if I do I won't but the braids back for 2 months.

newflowers said:
Have you used any of the other Style One products?
I brought the kit. The conditioner was ok. It was nice because it can be used as a leave-in. Leave-in products are very important to me when I'm braided. They reduce the chance that'll I'll end up over or underconditioned. The poo was... well poo. It's not my favorite but that hardly matters when you always add a bunch of water to it. The clarifier and the protein are the only thing I used with regularity.

Bosslady1

Nice regimen ladies! :)

I am reading through your regimens and I see a couple of things I might try to incorporate into my regimen. Like using a spray bottle when I wash instead of a bowl. More hands on approach.;)

Anybody else on this challenge got a regimen they want to post?