Poll-How do you moisturize

How do you moisturize

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fluffylocks

Hello :), Choose all that apply.

ETA-

If you do things differently, please share

Also (if anyone would like to add) what products do you use?

Last edited:

discodumpling

How I moisturize depends on how i'm wearing my hair. Today it's a freshly untwisted twistout...my hair is pretty moisturized from wearing my twists all week. While twisted I moisturized (this week) by running pure shea butter down the length of each twist after a steamy shower.

I'm really heavy handed IMO with my night time moisturizing routine.
While i'm wearing my twistout my hair gets moist in the shower & scrunched with coconut oil to maintain until I wash...I only wear my hair out for 2 days max or else the tangles are outrageous.

Tomorrow i'll wash & bun for a busy week.

supermodelsonya

I learned that I can't moisturize daily because I will suffer moisture overload. I try to do it 3x-4x a week.

I moisturize with ORS Olive Oil Moisturizing Lotion and seal with WGO.

beans4reezy

I'm in braids now, so I am moisturizing three times a day using my homemade braids spray mix (WEN CC, Jojoba oil, and Peppermint EO).

BiRacialBarbie

i use 100% extra virgin olive oil mixed with v05 conditioner..I apply it at night after showering and i co wash with it as well. So..its pretty much ALWAYS in my hair. I apply it to all my hair, and put a little extra on the ends.

melodies815

I just took down twists that I have had since Oct 4th with one 4-day break in December, and I did a braidout.

I used MT on the length of my hair, leaving in for 5 minutes and then conditioned and when I got out of the shower, I put in a NTM leave-in and another NTM moisturizer/smoother. I will put the smoother in every 3-4 days of my braidout since I use MT and it can be drying. I will probably also use a cone for shine. Other than that...nothing

In twists, I moisturize with shea butter on the length of the strand while twisting and then on my scalp every time I wash. MT on scalp when I think about it. Luscious hair !!!

HTH...

cj

MsWhite

I use avacodo butter, vatika oil or organix serum on my ends at night...but I only do this ever other night..my hair absolutely hates Creme and Lotion Moisturizer I gave up the good fight on those.

wheezy807

I chose...
Cream/lotion moisturizer
Focus on all of hair BUT
Mainly focus on ends
1-2X daily ( i moisturize nightly and in the morning i add a little bit more to my edges and ends)
Comb/detangle hair when moisturizing
My moisturizer of choice is ors olive oil in a jar.

vnaps

my wash day routine......

i section hair....... spray s-curl on each section focusing on new growth and ends.....i might follow with leave in conditioner

i then use ors olvie oil lotion to seal (it is very oily).....then follow with coconut oil....or a mix of oils

i go all out with wash day moisturising coz i usually bun it or braid it.....so the oiliness doesnt bother me.....

i moisturise as needed the following days....

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I love cream/ lotion, but once my hair gets NG I start applying spray to the NG. I still use cream/lotion on the length though and seal it whatever oil I have on hand mainly focusing on the ends a little more. I do this once a day and detangle ponytail with a wide tooth comb just to make sure I get moisturizer and oil everywhere.

MagnoliaBelle

In the morning before I style in a bun or single french braid and in the evening when I take the style down I moisturize with a cream leave-in conditioner (lately NTM or Garnier Sleek and Shine). I then apply a small amount of coconut oil or castor oil to seal, giving extra attention to the ends. I detangle with my fingers as I apply the conditioner and the oil.

Last edited:

Lyoness

Winter is HARSH this year so I'm not messing about...

I moisturise with a butter in sections and seal with avacado oil.. I do this daily..

charmtreese

I picked several answers: I use a cream moisturizer in the morning and at night I use butter and oil. I focus on the whole shaft of hair.

Fhrizzball

I mist with water to dampen and make it more manageable, spray with a spritzer, and then use a creamy leavein and sometimes a mouse. I do this twice a day. I'm gonna try incorporating butters later on though. If I don't use a spritzer my hair gets too dry.

DarkHair

I moisturize with a lotion/cream mix, every other or few days (more as of lately). I seal with an oil mix of castor, coconut, tea tree oils. I've been using aloe butter in this cold, treacherous weather. I focus on all of my hair when I do all of this. I do the ends with the butters.

Aggie

I moisturize my whole head of hair once a day because I DC quite a bit using a variety of products, natural, ayurveda and some commercial. The commercial ones I'm trying to wean myself off of them. I sometimes use a creamy lotion type moisturizer and sometimes a spray. It really depends on what I have time for.

joib

I use creams and lotions once every other day. I think I might try butters in the near future.

jaded_faerie

i try to moisturize atleast once a day with a butter or cream, paying close attention to my ends. I seal with coconut oil.

LaidBak

I moisturize my ends and edges morning and night. I use either a lotion style or a butter, then I follow with oil on my ends and castor oil (the kind in the tub) on my edges.

If my length is dry then I'll do that as well (rarely happens). I'll spritz it with leave-in and follow with an oil.

Whimsy

DCing is a big thing for moisture for me. But a few times a week I'll apply a moisturizer and seal with my beloved coconut oil.

brucebettye

My routine varies on my hair and the styles. Sometimes I can go for 3 days without moisturizing my hair when I baggy everynight and wear my side puff. But 80% of the time I have to moisturize my hair everyday. Also I have a spray bottle with just water in it and I use that after I put moisturizer on my hair and style it. It keeps my hair from looking dry.

elained313

When I'm bunning I use CF Gold or WN Moist. Lotion and apply it all over and seal with evoo on my ends and bun.

When I'm wearingmy hair down I don't put anything on my hair just some ORS Olive Oil spray every once and a while.

Mrs.Green

DCing is a big thing for moisture for me. But a few times a week I'll apply a moisturizer and seal with my beloved coconut oil.

Same here for me~

But during the summer I spray hair down with conditioner *Suave Humectant* and water. My hair stays wet during summer months.

It is to cold during winter so I just use moisturizer *ORS Olive Oil* and coconut or kemi oyl.