How Often Do You Trim?

How Often Do You Trim?

• More often than once a month

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Once a month

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Less often than once a month but more than once every 6 months (please specify)

Votes: 46 30.7%
  • Once every 6 months

Votes: 41 27.3%
  • Less often than once every 6 months but more than once every year (please specify)

Votes: 14 9.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 28 18.7%
  • Never

Votes: 16 10.7%

• Total voters

SimJam

now that im natural, I havnt trimmed since I BCd 8 months ago. Im sure I have scab hair, so I am gradually dusting my twists until its gone. I had abt 0.5 inch of this hair which is of a totally different texture... its just abt gone now.

I do not plan to trim my hair unless my ends are damaged.

when I was relaxed I trimmed 1 maybe 2 times a year (taking of abt 0.5 to 1 inch of hair) as needed.

Sapphire_chic

I have no trimming schedule. I did use a split ender bout a month ago. when I start wearing my hair straight more often i'll trim on a more regular basis. once a season maybe.

irsgirl

I am trying an experiment. The last time I trimmed my ends was October 2009, right before I started bunning for the winter. I will not trimmed then again until October 2010. I baby them and take extra special care while wearing my hair out during the summer months.

Mz.MoMo5235

my hair hasnt seen scissors since nov 09 (no trims and no s&d) and i dont plan on putting scissors to my head until january. after that i will trim once a yr and s&d once a year. so i'll see scissors 2x per yr :)

Janet'

I am on Team Lead Hairs...so, I really don't trim unless absolutely necessary. I will do a Search and Destroy mission and then if my ends are still acting crazy, I will do a light dusting...but honestly, if I think about how often that is...I have dusted once this year and I have done 2 search and destroy sessions...so that would be an average of once every four months...but a true trim/dust- once this year...

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
I trim whenever needed. I like to keep my layers and I'd say a re-trim them about every 5 months. I don't trim the bottom layer at all to make sure I keep progressing.

LovinLea

I've trimmed once since I BCed a year and a month ago and that was only because I saw the youtuber naptural85 do it and it seemed so simple. Maybe the day I decide to straighten I'll be surprised by the status of my ends but until then I don't even worry about it.

Nonie

I dust every 8 weeks, or I should say, I returned to this schedule last month. Next dusting scheduled for March 13.

ms-gg

Aka frostoppa
I use to trim regularly (too often and too much) but now I am trying to find a balance between too much and not enough.

I haven't had a trim in almost 6 months and my hair is still in tip top shape. I may try to push it for another 4 or 6 months before I decide if I need a trim....

ms-gg

Aka frostoppa
Hi - I never trim... I'm trying to grow my hair why would I if it doesn't need it? :lol:

That's what I'm saying....if my hair isn't breaking off and I don't have split ends...yeah :look:

Those days of trimming just to trim are over...:nono: