Phyto I and Phyto II

cocoberry10

I'm considering buying the Phyto Index II and mixing it with the Phyto Index I I already have (it's just sitting here). Do you think I could mix the two, so that it's a little stronger than I but not as strong as II? Thanks, and tell me what you think!

Mizani_Mrs

Whoa! I'd highly suggest for you to call Phyto and ask them that question. they actually seem to be knowledgeable about the relaxer and the ingredients in it. This sounds like a scary idea....are u sure you can't just use Index II and just leave it in for like 8mins instead of the recommended 15? or something to that effect?

Healthb4Length

Or you can use the Index II, mix in a Tblspoon of moisturizing conditioner and a tea spoon of olive oil to cut down the strength somewhat...but mixing the 2 formulas can end up being a disaster for you!

hubutterfly

I have been doing this for almost a year with Phyto I and II with no problems. I actually only mix the "inductor" it is the only thing that is different in the kits.

pharmd

Do you mix a 1:1 ratio of both? Also how long do you leave the relaxer in your hair and what are the results (straight, texturized?). I've been thinking about doing the same. I really like the phyto relaxer, but the index II gets my hair a little too straight. However, I don't want my hair to be texturized. I want it straight but not limp.

hubutterfly

pharmd said:
Do you mix a 1:1 ratio of both? Also how long do you leave the relaxer in your hair and what are the results (straight, texturized?). I've been thinking about doing the same. I really like the phyto relaxer, but the index II gets my hair a little too straight. However, I don't want my hair to be texturized. I want it straight but not limp.

I do a 1:1 ratio of both. I leave it on for 25min. I have 4a hair and phyto 1 left a fair amt of curl. Phyto 1.5 :) leaves my hair mostly straight with a little curl when wet but not enough for me to do a cute wash n wear look.