Elucence Normal or Phyto Index II

Faith

I am looking for something that will straighten my hair but leave it as strong as possible without drying it out. I'm not feeling the Mizani lye regular or the Affirm mild I have used. So, Elucence Normal or Phyto Index II? All opinions welcome.

Faith said:
I am looking for something that will straighten my hair but leave it as strong as possible without drying it out. I'm not feeling the Mizani lye regular or the Affirm mild I have used. So, Elucence Normal or Phyto Index II? All opinions welcome.

Havent used Elucence so cant comment on it but used Phyto II week ago, I loved it, my hair came out looking healthy and strong, had it on for 35mins felt no tingle, it was nice, no burns at all. Pics are in my fotki

I have used the Elucence Gentle relaxer before and it was VERY gentle. I felt like it was mostly conditioner. However, my hair was a bit dryer than my natural hair, bot not that much dryer. I am not sure how strong the normal is...I now that Miosy uses Elucence, maybe you should PM her. I think the Normal would probably be considered a mild relaxer still. I know that the Phyto II will def leave your hair strong w/o drying it out.

I have never used Phyto...I used Elucene Gentle and Normal. Both left my hair really soft. My hair is naturally very dry. I haven't had any problems with the relaxers.

Auntybe

I had my hairstylist straighten my hair for my wedding and she used a Pyto pre-conditioner--it is the bomb. My hair is always straight and bouncy when she does it, but this stuff made it extra soft, bouncy and shiny. There was a huge difference in my hair.

Is the Elucence normal strength relaxer lye or no lye? I'd love to use it but I have a Lye relaxer in my hair and I have no intentions of trying no-lye.:)

I used to use lye relaxer before and I now use Phyto. The lye relaxer gave me a straighter look but my hair was weaker and breaks easily. With Phyto, my hair has a more natural look, which I am assuming, makes it stronger and bouncy. It is not as weak as before and I see alot more body. I never used Elucence before but I have seen people here who does and the hair strands look healthy and bouncy.

Last edited:
Alli77 said:
Is the Elucence normal strength relaxer lye or no lye? I'd love to use it but I have a Lye relaxer in my hair and I have no intentions of trying no-lye.:)
It's lye. The sensitive scalp one is no lye. Thanks ivanay, which index do you use?

Last edited:
Back