Okay, when will I learn? LONG

spiceykitten

I am glad you stood up for yourself.

I just interviewed someone to do my hair. Yes, I interviewed them. They came highly recommended but this is my hair and I wanted to know their methods.

I told them I bring my own supplies and that I want my mixed concoctions used. She said no problem. I even said I want my hair combed softly. Yes, I said that.

I felt more comfortable knowing they had the famous Chi and use a Chi flat iron. Never tried the Chi iron but we will see.

My only problem is if I like her I am stuck with a new bottle of Chi and fantasia serum:ohwell:

As you I have a lot people saying I need a trim or cut but I say no thank you and walk out.

DeepBluSea

I'm glad you walked out. So many people see the signs but brush it off. Then they end up with a hair horror story. Good for you. ;)

Oh yeah. I have never heard of $90 for a press n curl. That price is outrageous!

soonergirl

So glad u stood up for yourself girl, beautiful head of hair keep up the great job YOU are doing with your hair....:)

JamericanGurl

I read this three times:eek:

Okay I'll be honest if I was a hairdresser and saw you and them locs coming.....I'd prepare for a battle:swordfigh . Your hair ain't no joke and would probably take alot of time and effort. So I think $60 might be fairer for the ....crook in the neck and carpal tunnel that thick strong mane might cause me:lol: Oh and you'd have to throw in a bottle of cognac.:look:

But seriously....if she was serious about her trade then she would be in touch with her client (you)! You expressed your concerns, wants and etc and she was trying to pull the okie doke:mad: From the pics in your siggy I can tell your hair is in tip-top shape!

So, if that ***** was scurred she should told you and not tried to be sneaky :mad:

Last edited:

Lady Esquire

you were so smart to get a consultation. i am fully committing to become a DIYer 'cause I learned the hard way after a few setbacks. do not let anyone destroy your beautiful hair.

caribeandiva

Human being
they gotta press the issue cause they know you'll eventually break down and get that damn relaxer and trim. then with tears of joy, you'll thank them a million times for letting you see the error of your ways and then referring more clients to her. Dream on lady!

Ayeshia

A pure mess :nono: I was actually supised when my stylist said I needed less than a .5'' trim but otherwsie my ends are awesome...maybe it was because he was a male?

Tee

JenFleets said:
Oh I understand completely. I had a stylist in Indianapolis who was another kind of nightmare. First of all for some reason, all the sylists in Indy take at least 6 to 7 hours to do your hair and show up to their own shops late (except Ron at Xcentrix Styles Studios- he's awesome)
I was trying another one for the first time down there a few years ago. She shows up an HOUR AND A HALF LATE to her own shop!!! Doesn't say a word- No apologies or anything. I'm coming in from an hour drive from school (went to Purdue University) planning oh 5 hours max for the whole thing. YES I know better now. You should have seen me going off on my cell to my mom about trifling hairdressers that can't get to work on time. :mad: Anyway I finally calm down and go in and she sits down and wants to have a talk with me. She proceeded to tell me that I had was making an IDOL out of my hair which was displeasing to the Lord. When she proceeded to tell me that I need a trim, I said I didn't want one and she proceeded to say that it was not my place to ask for what I needed. She tried to compare her job as a beautician to me studying to become a pharmacist. She said she doesn't argue with a doctor if he tells her she needs something done and I should do the same with her!! I'm thinking $@*#! I'm paying you for a service for my HAIR not brain surgery!!! At the end of the day I have to live with it NOT YOU. Then she proceeds to pray over my hair with me. I'm thinking to myself- Why don't you pray that God helps you get to work on time!!!

Wow, she was really.....extreme.

Bubln......You know that lady was straight up "Out Of Line!"

Tee

JamericanGurl said:
I read this three times:eek:

Okay I'll be honest if I was a hairdresser and saw you and them locs coming.....I'd prepare for a battle:swordfigh . Your hair ain't no joke and would probably take alot of time and effort. So I think $60 might be fairer for the ....crook in the neck and carpal tunnel that thick strong mane might cause me:lol: Oh and you'd have to throw in a bottle of cognac.:look:

But seriously....if she was serious about her trade then she would be in touch with her client (you)! You expressed your concerns, wants and etc and she was trying to pull the okie doke:mad: From the pics in your siggy I can tell your hair is in tip-top shape!

So, if that ***** was scurred she should told you and not tried to be sneaky :mad:

JamericanGurl...This is a true statement. I didnt know it until one stylist came right out and told me. She said, "When you walked in the door I was praying you were not the new person I talked to on the phone today. I hate dealing with alot of thick long hair. Most of my clients have short hair."

Yes, she told me this. *I had shoulder length hair at that time. (I was thanking the Lord she wasn't the one I was going to see!!)

Bint Yusef

This post scares me. I planned on relaxing my hair after the summer is over and I wanted to go to the salon and get it done, a nice trim, and have it set.

My hair will be in tip top shape by the, only needing the trim, and be well into APL and going for BSL. In my area I have not seen ONE, I repeat, ONE head of relaxed hair that looks as good as any of the ladies on this board EXCEPT the lady here that is in the same area( I think her name is MissKriss). Im scared one of these heffas will want jack my hair up on purpose. :(

I went to a salon with a friend and every stylist there had short *** hair, and them short quick weave caps. :( :(

shunta

Letitia said:
JamericanGurl...This is a true statement. I didnt know it until one stylist came right out and told me. She said, "When you walked in the door I was praying you were not the new person I talked to on the phone today. I hate dealing with alot of thick long hair. Most of my clients have short hair."

Yes, she told me this. *I had shoulder length hair at that time. (I was thanking the Lord she wasn't the one I was going to see!!)

*gasps* I cant believe she said that mess.:mad: