Becareful When Going to Get Your Hair Cut/Trimmed

dlewis said:
I believe this. This is why I cut my own hair. In Sept my former stylist cut 3" more than she should have.
Thats what happened to me this past week. I stretched for 20 weeks & I was hoping to be at brastrap. Well i decided to go to a different hair salon for my relaxer. I told her exactly how much I wanted her to trim. She trimmed what I told her but she kept go back over it again & again saying she was just evening it up , eventually trimming about 4 " . Needless to say I'm devasted . Here I am again 6 months away from where I should be !:perplexed

Be careful When Going to Get Your Hair Cut/Trimmed

Yes, my former male hair stylist used to literally cut my hair at least three or more inches every time it needed trimming. In fact, he did this every three months for nine years. During one visit, he cut so much off that I couldn’t even roll the back of my hair. He was so surprised . . . it would always grow back. He even told me the following: “Every time I trim your hair, it always grows back, but this is not the case with my other customers.” I told him: “My mother’s hair grows fast; maybe that’s why.”

The reason why they cut it is because it makes their job a lot easier, and my former stylist would get me in and out of the salon in an hour.

My current stylist said: “If your hair is long, they are not suppose to charge more. The reason why they do this is because it’s more work involved in doing long person’s hair. The price is suppose to stay the same as a short person’s hair, regardless.”

cupcake said:
I never gave my old stylist permission to cut my APL length hair. She turned me right around and gave me a cut to above shoulder length after I told her I didn't even want a trim. This is the same stylist who relaxed me with a Super Affirm perm for too long after I told her to use mild for only 12 minutes.

I reported her to the Better Business Bureau and she lost her license. She no longer does hair and I was not the first person whose hair she purposely butchered. I should have known that she was a horrible stylist she kept oohing and ahhing over my hair (not in a good way) and saying "you have good hair, don't you?' :ohwell:

How do you go about doing this? If I would have thought to do this for some of the salons I went to there would be a lot of stylists out of work seriously. Instead of vowing not to go back or not support them if they do irreversible damage I believe this is the best resolution to the problem. God bless you all.

i was only 12 when i got my 1st haircut. i didnt ask for it either but i was a child and my hair was cut very short on top and apl in the back, remember that style? i was shocked when it was all over!!! my experience over the years has been the more you "act" like you dont care about length, the less they'll cut.

PrincessDiva said:
Thats what happened to me this past week. I stretched for 20 weeks & I was hoping to be at brastrap. Well i decided to go to a different hair salon for my relaxer. I told her exactly how much I wanted her to trim. She trimmed what I told her but she kept go back over it again & again saying she was just evening it up , eventually trimming about 4 " . Needless to say I'm devasted . Here I am again 6 months away from where I should be !:perplexed

Wow, the same thing happened to me yesterday. I told her to give me long, let me repeat, LONG layers, and she starts cutting. She says she wasn't cutting the "length", but cutting the "bulk", but as I'm looking at her, it's looking a whole lot like LENGTH to me. But because I went to this girl before and it SEEMED like she was cutting a lot, but I ended up w/beautiful, long layers, I went along w/it. So imagine my surprise when I looked in the mirror and had lost 4 inches of length in the back, am back up to shoulder length (and we ALL know I have to wear it up now to keep it from breaking from rubbing), and I was thisclose to brastrap length. I am so devastated I am thinking seriously about wearing a wig until it grows back. :(

Back