Okay I don't hate my FHI

mrsmeredith

Yesterday I was on my way to returning my FHI flat iron (because on my previous post I hated it completely), I spoke with my cousin who is a beautician and she asked me to bring it and allow her to use it on me to reassure me before I returned it. I agreed. Well I must say she did the d*mn thang with that fhi.:grin: When she finished my hair was silky, shiny, straight with loads of body. She blow dried my hair with only leave in conditioner then applied a dime amount (or smaller) of creme press through out my hair, flat ironed straight and finally went through lengths to give volume as though I had a body wrap. So today I can honestly say FHI is the BOMB. I just wanted to recant my " I hate FHI statement" its totally great. I just did not know how to use it properly. She taught me how to give volume, curls, and to do spiral curls and I am totally impressed.:D

Glad that your cousin helped give you tips and that you are happy with your purchase. I want Santa to get me one too... which one do you have? And did you get it on-line?

DivaNDistress said:
Glad that your cousin helped give you tips and that you are happy with your purchase. I want Santa to get me one too... which one do you have? And did you get it on-line?

I have the FHI 207rvi. Purchased from Folica for 79.99 (no taxes and free shipping) got it in three days:lol:

MrsMeredith, are you going to share some of the tips you learned to get that salon silky look at home?

Lusa said:
MrsMeredith, are you going to share some of the tips you learned to get that salon silky look at home?

Always Thin parts, limit products on hair (no need for 6 zillion products) just a leave in conditioner and some kind of protector serum or like she use crème press. Your hair will be silky and shiney, bouncy and full of body.
To curl, just use as you would a curling iron. To add volume place iron near base of scalp, lift and slightly bend(only on base not entire length of strand). If wanting the waterfall effect do same as before but after you bend slightly move iron down further for your flip but use a rat tail comb in the bend to keep it in place.
For spirals either wrap hair around iron then begin rolling downwards to scalp and release by pulling out from the side. Or just as you curling but release from the side pulling down before you actually release tip of hair.
Straighten hair first then go through lengths and style. I love the volume tip, it worked just as though it was a body wrap.:)
I actually thought it would not do right because she hardly had any product on my hair but I now realize less is more.

I am 3 months in needs of a relaxer but you can't tell. My hair looked relaxed when I left there.:grin:

Thanks! I have noticed that my stylist uses only a leave-in and creme press when she styles my hair and it is really bouncy. I have had some success the last few times I tried, however, where I fail is maintaining the bounce for more than a day with all the darn growth I have. I find that my roots are almost knotted and I can hardly pass a pinkie through and yet the rest of the hair is still flowy. What am I doing wrong?

I'm glad you like the FHI:) . It's the only ceramic flat iron I've tried and I like how it tames my newgrowth. I only use it when I'm like 6wk or more post relaxer.

Back