OFFICIAL Half-Wig Thread (Gallery & Info)

Thanks Latoya; :) this one is 'Nia Girl" by Freetress. The color is 1B. I got it from hairsisters.com but blackhairspray.com and other sites carry it as well.

Hopefully this will be my last picture post:look:- I think I may need a wig intervention:lachen:-Is there such a thing?

This is Sensationnel HZ-T005. It kinda looks like the LG 28 after I cut and curled it. This one came with the layers, I just cut a lil off the bottom. It was a little shiny right out of the bag, so I washed before I wore it today. The think that I like about this wig is that it is one of those lace tops, so it was so easy to blend. There is a not a huge bump like most half wigs.

sen1.jpg
sen2.jpg

sen3.jpg

I left just a little of my own bang out.

Oooh, I like it Self-Styled...girl you know how to blend you wigs real good!!! I need to take notes from you. And when you find that support group, go ahead and sign me up was well!!!! :) LOL!

Self-Styled,

You are my hair idol. That last wig is AWESOME!!

I had a hair disaster. My twins' piano teacher was coming over and I had attempted:ohwell: to cornrow my hair. Well she showed up early so I slapped on the Keya wig :nono: She was Asian and I know she was looking at my hair like "You think that looks cute dontcha' " :perplexed:.

So after she left, I cut the Keya into a neck length bob. I will see if my DH will take some pics.

Please give me some feedback.

^^Thanks girl! Taz- I am over here lol'ing. One of my counterparts is Korean and she is always all up in my head. She was like how did you get your hair curly like that, my hair won't curl like that. No duh. Me: It's a wig- you want me to buy you one? Keya sounds like it would look great in a bob, I can totally envision it. See if DH will take some pics for you.

Ok, here is a pic of the Outre "Keya" cut to neck length. Taking pics of yourself is hard :nono:

DSCN3212.jpg

Last edited:
Taz, I love the curl pattern and fullness of the wig. Hmmm, I need to add that one to my list, lol.

Last edited:
Ok, here is a pic of the Outre "Keya" cut to neck length. Taking pics of yourself is hard :nono:

Anyhoo, excuse the duh look on my face:

DSCN3212.jpg

Looking Hot and Sexy Ms. Tazzy Taz- you are workin it ma'am. I like how you blended the front too:yep:.

I'm having problems with my nape (breaking off badly) and I'm wondering what would the combination of wearing a halfwig with my breaking nape is a good idea? What do you think? Help or hinder?

IMO, Maybe not a good idea right now...I suggest treating the breakage before piling on something on top of an already problem area. Im sure the expert and forum vets will chime in.

SkolarStar, I think you might be ok as long as you don't use the back combs in the half wig. I've noticed that they caused me some nape breakage. I also wouldn't wear them everyday if I were you.

Skolar- I think you could be ok too. Cosigning on what Latoya said. I think if you rotate the half wigs with another protective style you would be fine. Like maybe alternate between half wigs and bunning. Also make sure you moisturize and seal your nape before you put on the half wig.

I just got Sabina

http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/Vie...t=30&value1=sabina&value2=0&value3=0&search=0

It's very cute and the hair feels great. I wore it yesterday and only saw DH in passing but he commented that he liked it. I was thrillled but I noticed after a few hours my hair I left out fell straight. :wallbash:

How do you ladies keep your curl from falling?

I used one of thoes bendy curlers to wrap my hair around. It looked great when I first took it out. I've never been big on hair spray but do I need it for the hold??

Attachments

• QW_Sabina_M.jpg
    QW_Sabina_M.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 26
You all, I'm so excited to be receiving my first full wigs any day now! :)

I love my half wigs but there are so many problems associated with them for me: my large head and bulky unbraided hair creates a poor fit that slides down my head over time, even with hairpins; the stress on my thinning crown and edges (even after taking out the combs); the juggling of perpetually slipping and gapping headbands in order to conceal my natural, completely unblendable hair in front; the inability to baggy my whole head (as I like to alleviate the dryness in my crown and hairline hair); etc.

After figuring out a way to fit a stocking cap over my head and hair (I put it on over a conditioning cap, which is slick enough to let the stocking cap slide over it), I decided to just jump in and see if a full wig (NON-lacefront) fits. It would make my life so much easier than with HWs. However, my beloved Tammy (I stumbled across her in the summer last year and have been having an affair ever since) will remain in stock in my wig drawer from now till kingdom come, Amen.

Is there another thread where I can possibly post a mini-review of the two full wigs when they arrive?

OK ya'll here's Lilly! (forgive the number of pics, I can never choose :rolleyes:)

lilly-1.jpg

lilly10.jpg
lilly2.jpg
lilly3.jpg
lilly4.jpg
lilly5.jpg
lilly6.jpg
lilly8.jpg
lilly9.jpg

(Ignore the creepy cheesy faces)

my only concerns: she came in a 1B (color #2 was my first choice, but it was out of stock :()....I feel a little Elvira-ish today (doesn't help that I'm wearing all black :rolleyes:)

-she's also very va-va-VOOM. I would love to let her loose in all her glamorous glory but I feel so self-conscious about flaunting her. I tend to wear my wigs "tamed" (pulled over to one side of my shoulder or in a low loose pony or under a hat). Maybe I need to wear her more often.

-also, the hump (right after my headbands--you can see it clearly in pic #2 and #3) kinda bugs me :ohwell: How do you ladies flatten it? My hair is braided and pinned underneath.

EEK! :blush: I just realized how pale I am compared to my avi (taken this summer). Hurry up, spring time!

Last edited:
Hello Ladies, where can I get a half wig like the one Jill Scott was wearing in the "Hate on me" video? Here's a pic:

Attachments

• jill-scott-wfw-400a083007.jpg
    jill-scott-wfw-400a083007.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 58
^^^^yardyspice:

OUTREQCSAS-2.jpg

This is Outre Quick Weave - Sasha. Not quite as big as Jill's, but still cute ;) You can find her on blackhairspray.com

HTH!

^^^you definitely should. She's on the thin side = not wiggy at all. I didn't even have to do the cornstarch trick, because the shine is subtle. I'm definitely ordering more of this one, for sure!!

and thanks! :)

Ok ladies, here goes! I have more, but I don't want to take up too much space. I order most of my wigs from hairsisters, but I've also ordered a couple from ebonyonline.

"Malibu Twist" by Glance Model Model (both pics)
a11mxh.jpg

mtroco.jpg

"TM-153" by Modu Trading Co.
5l59oz.jpg

"LG-22" by Motown Tress
4v3a6h.jpg

"Coconut Girl" by Freetress (both pics)
b4uatk.jpg

n2c1ns.jpg

"Evony" by Outre
14y1j0z.jpg

"Vanilla Girl" by Freetress
2508f88.jpg

"Jessica" by Outre
14u9d0i.jpg

"Angie" by Outre
212bfj6.jpg

"HZ-7029" by Sensationnel
slo1ut.jpg
Cute, cute cute.

You all, I'm so excited to be receiving my first full wigs any day now! :)

I love my half wigs but there are so many problems associated with them for me: my large head and bulky unbraided hair creates a poor fit that slides down my head over time, even with hairpins; the stress on my thinning crown and edges (even after taking out the combs); the juggling of perpetually slipping and gapping headbands in order to conceal my natural, completely unblendable hair in front; the inability to baggy my whole head (as I like to alleviate the dryness in my crown and hairline hair); etc.

After figuring out a way to fit a stocking cap over my head and hair (I put it on over a conditioning cap, which is slick enough to let the stocking cap slide over it), I decided to just jump in and see if a full wig (NON-lacefront) fits. It would make my life so much easier than with HWs. However, my beloved Tammy (I stumbled across her in the summer last year and have been having an affair ever since) will remain in stock in my wig drawer from now till kingdom come, Amen.

Is there another thread where I can possibly post a mini-review of the two full wigs when they arrive?

You can post your review here. Good luck with the full wigs. I wish I could wear them, but they just feel so uncomfortable on my head. They definitely have their advantages though.

My Tammy came in yesterday and it is the absolute best wig I have ever owned. It's just the right length and texture for me. It appears thick but it is actually very light weight. I am thinking of ordering a second one for back up. LOL

Here's a picture of it (not sure why it is so big and side ways..sorry)
img0228lv.jpg

Back