Transitioners Who Wear HALF WIGS - ADVICE PLS!

BlackDiamond21

Hi everyone,

I want to get into the half wig game as I currently only wear full wigs. I see so many positives... :spinning:

I don't know how wavy or curly my hair is going to be and I do have a bit of an obsession :look: with mid back length straight wigs. I just can't see how wearing a pin straight half wig is going to blend into my future natural texture or any of the wavy NG I have now :ohwell:.

Can anyone provide advice as to:

1. A good half wig brand or specific wig that worked for you?

2. Are any of your wigs the same curl pattern as your natural hair?

3. Is there anyway to blend your hair with the wig withOUT using heat? Like no curling or flat ironing? (wishful thinking I bet :rolleyes:)

Thanks ladies! I hope this thread is useful to all the transitioners who want to try or need advice on how to style a half wig :yep:

BD21

BlackDiamond21

Outre Tammy (after seeing pics of women with it on b/c first glance was like WTH? lol) is the BOMB! I am headed to pick up two other wigs, so I will see if they have Tammy around to try on! Thanks for the recommendation.

We do need more wig threads Ms. LP! :)

eajaye2u

Bumpin'

hairwigsharlem got some cute ones from sensual line under 20 bucks that Muffinsismylover did reviews on @ YT.

BlackDiamond21

I hit up the BSS on 125th after work yesterday. I tried on and bought my first 2 half wigs!!! :clapping: After watching Youtube tutorials and pic by pic instructions on fotki's, I went in there like a pro.

I already had Biju on so I just slid her off and got busy with Tammy first. I am only 11 weeks post, so I have some waves in the front nut not as loose wavy as Tammy. I left out just my bang area, slid Tammy into place and worked my bang hair over Tammy to blend - PERFECT! She is so soft and pretty, even for a display that has seen better days. Luckily the try on display was a 4, so I was able to match my hair right away. I had to get 4/27 and probably will for the next year at least, because I have 27/30 type highlights in my hair. Depending on the manufacturer, sometimes they match better with 27 other times 30 - Oy! She felt and looked like my hair (even a customer watching me, complimented me on how nice it looked on me blended)!

So then I tried on Lexus. Boy is she silky. Not eeewww-fake silky, more like "Damn if I had a good blow dryer, followed up with some Moroccan Oil and bad *** flat iron, this is how I would want my hair to look after all that work" silky. :lachen: At this point, there is no reason for me to flat iron my hair to blend with Lexus. She looked very natural on me with NG waves. I may have to flat iron the ends a little bit to get them to lay down but I will see after my roller set. I did a side pony with her and she is so pretty. Then I decided to let out more hair to see how I can play with parts on what not. So I took out some hair on both sides about an inch of hair. Parted Lexus and my left out hair this way and that and each way I was a happy gal!

Then I realized, I didn't do that with Tammy, hair out on the sides plus bang, so I tried her on, one mo' time. Even with side hair, Tammy was still bangin! :cup:

Thank you to Lady P :giveheart: for the Tammy referral. She is now in my clutches :love: and I cannot wait to wear her next week :)

Here :sekret: are the 3 wigs I bought:

Half Wig - Outre Quick Weave - Tammy 4/27 http://www.blackhairspray.com/product-p/outreqstam.htm

Half Wig - Outre Quick Weave - Lexus 4/27 http://www.blackhairspray.com/product-p/outreqslex.htm

Full Wig - Hair Sense - Marie 2 (my 1st non-4 colored wig-excited!!!) http://www.hairqueen.com/hasewigma.html

So I hope to be set for the next couple of months. I probably need to replace my current wig soon as I have worn her for about 3 weeks now(Full Wig - Bobbi Boss- Biju 4/27 http://www.bhowigs.com/shop/catalog/Biju-p-19470.html ) but I am going to wash it first (first time washing a wig) and see how it holds up. Biju is a shedder but not annoyingly so. I got so many compliments on Biju, she won't be falling out of my roster anytime soon.

So come half wig ladies :gorgeous:, I am sure more women need some advice. So keep it coming! FILL THE THREAD :feedback:!!!

BlackDiamond21

MY WIG BUYING RANT - real quick...

BTW - That is the last time I buy a wig from Orange BSS store on 125th. The Asian lady :nuts: who manages the wig section of the store, refuses to price match online prices. I have tried twice to get her to match hairsister.com or clairhair.com prices, with a same day color print out in hand, and she refuses. The only discount she ever gives, is no tax if you take a display wig. Are you :swearing: kidding me? You should see some of the displays .

Also, I order two wigs from her 2 weeks ago she said she could have within a week. She calls me last Thurs to come pick them up and I went last night. Why when I get there one of the wigs I ordered in TT is not there. Remember they called me and told me both wigs where in. I told her, you called me and said they were here and now you are trying to sell me the same wig in a different color that I told you two weeks ago I didn't like? That was the last straw :angry2:.

I was too impatient to order online yesterday because I want to change up my wig in time for work next Monday. That is why I went ahead and bought my 3 wigs last night from them :naughty:.

I will only go there for supplies and to try on wigs from now on. Once I try on a wig and like it, I will find it online and give the online retailer my money instead :smirk:.

I am not a fan of hairsisters because of their redunkuluss time frame for shipping. It varies so much and they are so uncommunicative. I want to try clairhair.com but I think I am going to try blackhairspray.com for my next order.

Ok...back to the thread! :drunk: