OFFICIAL Half-Wig Thread (Gallery & Info)

DO you wear Tammy often? She looks really good on you. I haven't worn her since New Year's. Maybe I need to put her on more to get used to the look..cuz I love her, but feel TOO diva in her...

*I like how we refer to wigs as 'she' and 'her' :lachen:

yea i think its cute to refer to the wig as "her and she":grin:

i actually just received this a day ago so i haven't had a chance to actually wear it out..i do plan on wearing it DAILY until it gets worn out..im also going to buy a couple more..i love it that much:yep:

i've always loved big hair..it fits me well...it does take a min to get used to but once you do..its on

Last edited:
yea i think its cute to refer to the wig as "her and she":grin:

i actually just received this a day ago so i haven't had a chance to actually wear it out..i do plan on wearing it DAILY until it gets worn out..im also going to buy a couple more..i love it that much:yep:

i've always loved big hair..it fits me well...it does take a min to get used to but once you do..its on

I think hairsisters is having a sale on OUtre half wigs, so now would be the time to stock up if you're going to...

I like big hair too, especially since even now that I'm natural, mine isn't as 'BIG' as I want it to be...

I think I'm stuck on the whole "What if someone knows?" especially those that see me on a regular basis lol

"What if someone knows?" especially those that see me on a regular basis lol

Reeeally??? WOW, I hadn't thought of this seeing as I am doing this as a protective styling option to assist my journey to WL hair. Shoot I was in class today commenting to my 6th graders to pick up their laptop cases so I won't trip, my wig fly across the room and they crack up at me . . . :lachen: Never even dawned on me about folk knowing (or not). I feel so dang cute in 'em I'm telling errybody, "Check out my new wig!" Bought me a pony on the way home from subbing this afternoon. Think I'll wear that out next time.

Reeeally??? WOW, I hadn't thought of this seeing as I am doing this as a protective styling option to assist my journey to WL hair. Shoot I was in class today commenting to my 6th graders to pick up their laptop cases so I won't trip, my wig fly across the room and they crack up at me . . . :lachen: Never even dawned on me about folk knowing (or not). I feel so dang cute in 'em I'm telling errybody, "Check out my new wig!" Bought me a pony on the way home from subbing this afternoon. Think I'll wear that out next time.

LOL ... I love your outlook. I'm half and half. When ppl I know are like oh that's so cute I'm like thanks, it's not mine lol... and then go on to explain protective styling etc. When it's random ppl I'm like Oh thank you and KIM.

Here are some pics of Shakra by Outre in 1b

She is still a little shiny so I put a hat on and rocked her that way, I really like her though.

Attachments

• Shakra 3.jpg
    Shakra 3.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 74
  • shakra 2.jpg
    shakra 2.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 65
  • shakra 6.jpg
    shakra 6.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 61
  • shakra 1.jpg
    shakra 1.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 42
  • shakra 4.jpg
    shakra 4.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 40
I think I'm stuck on the whole "What if someone knows?" especially those that see me on a regular basis lol

See that doesn't bother me at all wearing a half wig. It's not like I'm bald and trying to fool anybody. As long as I look good I don't care and you know what most people don't know or care anyway. I wear my natural hair in twists most of the time so when friends see me with a half wig on unless it's not my natural color they always say wow your hair looks nice. I usually tell them it's a wig.

Dannibear ...soak the wig in a little shampoo and vinegar. I did that with all my synthetic wigs last week and that took some of the shine off , not all but a lot. I may do it again.

See that doesn't bother me at all wearing a half wig. It's not like I'm bald and trying to fool anybody. As long as I look good I don't care and you know what most people don't know or care anyway. I wear my natural hair in twists most of the time so when friends see me with a half wig on unless it's not my natural color they always say wow your hair looks nice. I usually tell them it's a wig.

Dannibear ...soak the wig in a little shampoo and vinegar. I did that with all my synthetic wigs last week and that took some of the shine off , not all but a lot. I may do it again.

Thanks,

I tried the powder method on a few of them and that took some of the shine down but they still look kinda "wiggy".

I read about the vinegar tip a little while ago but I was worried about the smell of the vinegar being caught in the hair. Do you smell it at all, or does the shampoo cut the smell ?

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

tammy by outre.purchased on ebay

28lb95w.jpg

"B", girrlll you wear this WELL! Just saw a pic of Tammy and it looks a hot mess, but you and yours don't!!!

I do that too..if someone says my hair looks nice I blurt it out without thinking: "Oh it's a wig!" Most women get mad at me like "Girl, don't tell people your business" and men are usually dumbfounded...especially my dad...no matter what style I have on he is always surprised that it's not mine

I'll get over it.

I'm the same way...I just have no shame with my wigs; I truly look at them as accessories, like a hat or headwrap. I don't broadcast it, but if asked, I credit the convenience and style of the half wig. No secrets here and definitely no shame. I get the dropped jaws and popped eyes but really who cares. I have yet to take offense to any comments; most time ppl just don't know or aren't familiar with it. And a very few occasions, I've run into some who seem "bothered" that they had to spent hundreds of dollars to achieve a look that I pulled off for $20...so I may hear a lil' sarcasism in their talking or I'll get an extra long stare from them looking at my scalp, lol...but those things don't bother me at all. I love my WIGGIES, It's so fun to have a multitude of looks at my disposal 24/7.

Thanks,

I tried the powder method on a few of them and that took some of the shine down but they still look kinda "wiggy".

I read about the vinegar tip a little while ago but I was worried about the smell of the vinegar being caught in the hair. Do you smell it at all, or does the shampoo cut the smell ?

No you don't smell the vinegar after you rinse it out. It may have a slight smell after you rinse but once they dry it's all gone.

I tried the cornstarch thing too but I guess i was doing it wrong cause I couldn't get that stuff out completely. I took those and put them in the vinegar bath and it washed right out.

No you don't smell the vinegar after you rinse it out. It may have a slight smell after you rinse but once they dry it's all gone.

I tried the cornstarch thing too but I guess i was doing it wrong cause I couldn't get that stuff out completely. I took those and put them in the vinegar bath and it washed right out.

Ok, Thanks so much. I think I will try that later today.

Oh and are there specific measurements... like so many parts of vinegar to so many parts of water, or just kinda splash some in and call it a night?

Last edited:
I got finally my order from HH!

Bali girl

lilly
sabina
Delicious

I also got Anita but I'm mad that that cap was just too small!
Can this be stretched or should I just exchange it?

Last edited:
Alright, all you ladies look super cute, and now I'm convinced! I'm sick of this bun I've been rocking all last year, this year I'm PS'ing with half wigs! I'll be back to post pics after I pick up a few from my BSS.

LOL, LovinLocks...the half wigs are gonna take me far in 2010, easy to wear and easy on my pockets...great for in between those weaves and hair resting periods!

Back