OCT/Mega-Tek Challenge October '08

I have been using MT since April 21. This pic was taken on April 23:

CIMG1186final2.jpg

I took the pic below yesterday, Oct 5. my hair is definitely growing slowly but surely. Im wearing a different bra and my hair isnt fully straight but this is good enough. I know i need a trim but im still growing and i will even it up when i get to bra strap. Thanks for the support ladies and thanks to MT!!! :D

CIMG1378-1.jpg

CIMG1379-1.jpg

CIMG1380-1.jpg

CIMG1381-1.jpg

There is definitely a difference, not only in length but also in how lush your hair is in the second set of pics.

CIMG1186final2.jpg

I took the pic below yesterday, Oct 5. my hair is definitely growing slowly but surely. Im wearing a different bra and my hair isnt fully straight but this is good enough. I know i need a trim but im still growing and i will even it up when i get to bra strap. Thanks for the support ladies and thanks to MT!!! :D

CIMG1378-1.jpg

CIMG1379-1.jpg

CIMG1380-1.jpg

CIMG1381-1.jpg

Beautiful! I'd be happy with that amount of growth!!

HEY Y'ALL!
I'm still hanging and banging! However i have a problem and need some help. So the shedding stopped when I was on the OCT (6000 mg garlic per day). I got convinced to get the MT this time when my OCT ran out.... Okay I know the ingredients are similar... but I used MT on my scalp after cowashing (I cowash Thurs-Sat) and before I went to bed... my regular regimen with the OCT... My hair was shedding in bunches! I took a pic and sent it to my friend and she said that it was a lot of hair..

I know there's a million different ways to use it... so that scared the **** out of me ... and instead of straight I added some SAA and castor oil... did anyone else have this issue after switching over from OCT to MT... I want to do my MT straight no chaser...but I don't want to have 3 long a$$ strands of hair left on my head!! LOL! So I'm thinking perhaps I shouldn't be leaving it on the scalp...? Maybe how it was when we first started when people were washing, then putting this on the scalp and then rinsing it out... do you all think it will give me the same effectiveness? I'm thinking leaving it on the scalp is what's causing all the shedding. I would just go back to OCT but I got 4 bottles of this MT from valleyvet to get free shipping... RODPJ!

I'm still doing good - took a two week break :look: Sitting here twisting my hair up now, and I'll MT as soon as I'm done...

CIMG1186final2.jpg

CIMG1378-1.jpg

CIMG1379-1.jpg

CIMG1380-1.jpg

CIMG1381-1.jpg

You can definitely see the difference!! Very nice!!! :yep::up:

I'm still doing good - took a two week break :look: Sitting here twisting my hair up now, and I'll MT as soon as I'm done...

As long as you don't stop using it completely. What's with the breaks? :perplexed:

CIMG1186final2.jpg

CIMG1378-1.jpg

CIMG1379-1.jpg

CIMG1380-1.jpg

CIMG1381-1.jpg

Wonderful growth! :yep:

ETA: Can you give us your routine? Thanks in advance.

As long as you don't stop using it completely. What's with the breaks? :perplexed

:lol: I've realized that I have to 'prep' my hair to MT nightly - if it's not in two strand twists, I won't do it, because manipulating my loose hair on a daily basis in order to get to my scalp makes using MT pointless. :lol: So - if I have a really busy weekend, and don't get a change to TST my hair - I don't MT that week.

I REALLY should be doing something other than twisting my hair right now, but I refuse to let it be a 3 week break. :lol:

So yeah, that's wassup. :yep:

:lol: I've realized that I have to 'prep' my hair to MT nightly - if it's not in two strand twists, I won't do it, because manipulating my loose hair on a daily basis in order to get to my scalp makes using MT pointless. :lol: So - if I have a really busy weekend, and don't get a change to TST my hair - I don't MT that week.

I REALLY should be doing something other than twisting my hair right now, but I refuse to let it be a 3 week break. :lol:

So yeah, that's wassup. :yep:

I agree with the bolded...I got the idea of MT'ing and OCT'ing in TST from YOU. It is soooo much easier that way and less manipulation :yep: I also find that I use less of the product now with the pre-parts.

OK I was just making sure that you weren't becoming bored with the product. :grin:

WOW Sunbasque, that's some freakin amazing progress!:shocked::drool:

I'm still on the bandwagon. Not as often as I was in the beginning, but still here, and picking it up. I was finding that it sorta weighed down my fine hair, so I backed off for a while. I'm now just applying to my scalp - because I ran out of the bottle of my MT. I'm going to order some more, and continue what was working for me which was applying it as it's directed, and then applying to my scalp every other night.

For now until that bottle is here, I will be applying to my scalp. I'm still on track for APL by Dec, and I hope MT can ensure that I do in fact reach that goal.

I agree with the bolded...I got the idea of MT'ing and OCT'ing in TST from YOU. It is soooo much easier that way and less manipulation :yep: I also find that I use less of the product now with the pre-parts.

OK I was just making sure that you weren't becoming bored with the product. :grin:

Oh, no, girl, not bored at all..... It's funny, as I was answering your post, I was thinking that I don't mind taking breaks because I plan on using this product for a very, very, very long time. It's joined the ranks of henna as something that I can't forsee myself no longer using at some point. :lick:

My goodness I haven't seen this much progress since the product Surge came out a couple of years ago. What's the link to Megatek? Is it some shampoo? What particular MegaTek product are you using? Thanks!

Checking in....

I'm using the Ovation system once a week as a whole and 2x a week with the OCT on my scalp only....I'm 13 weeks post and started about 3 weeks ago. Can't really tell how much the product is helping me yet...its a ton of new growth though. Not sure how long I'm going to stretch, but will definitely make this my first stop with progress pictures. My LHCF anniversary is in December...but lawd knows I'm not going to be able to hold out that long. :nono2:

Hello Ladies

I have been using MT since 9/11/08, and OCT started 10/ 1/08, I notice some thickness from the MT , my edges are getting fuller but it short and fine hair , but I have notice progress for the short time I been using MT product. My little ponytail has gotten a little longer as well. Sorry I have no picture , but again I dont know how to post picture.

OK... I think I have a new love...

A side effect of the MT and especially the OCT (I'm using both for now) is that my new growth is coming in soooooooooo soft. I was worried about stretching because I thought it would be too much new growth. But, it seems like the stretching is easier, not harder, with OCT/MT because of the softness. I am trying a 15 week stretch this time. My previous stretch was 11 weeks. I ended up relaxing after 11 weeks instead of the planned 13 weeks because we evacuated for Gustav and I could not co-wash my hair like I usually do so my new growth became unmanagable. The 15 week stretch would put me back on track for my goal of only relaxing 4 times a year.

OK... I think I have a new love...

A side effect of the MT and especially the OCT (I'm using both for now) is that my new growth is coming in soooooooooo soft. I was worried about stretching because I thought it would be too much new growth. But, it seems like the stretching is easier, not harder, with OCT/MT because of the softness. I am trying a 15 week stretch this time. My previous stretch was 11 weeks. I ended up relaxing after 11 weeks instead of the planned 13 weeks because we evacuated for Gustav and I could not co-wash my hair like I usually do so my new growth became unmanagable. The 15 week stretch would put me back on track for my goal of only relaxing 4 times a year.

My new growth is alot softer too. I haven't relaxed since about May I think. I am stretched but I usually don't relax until I can't comb my hair anymore since I wear weave 100% of the time anyway. I relaxed in May because I'd been using MTG and wanted to know if it was working. I was thinking I will relax in December to see the full effects of the MT/OCT because tho I flat ironed it before taking my pics, there was STILL lots of new growth that kept me from seeing the full potential of my har':yep:.

When I bought the OCT I got the entire system. I have been wearing weaves for years so found no need to take care of my hair. Needless to say it was damanged. I shampooed my hair with the OCT shampoo and babyyyyyy. My hair was shiny and bouncy and doing the darn thing....Even though I just put my wig back on. But still! You all will see the different in the pics into tonight.

My goodness I haven't seen this much progress since the product Surge came out a couple of years ago. What's the link to Megatek? Is it some shampoo? What particular MegaTek product are you using? Thanks!

Honey6928215,

I am going to repost this here for you and we are using Megatek Rebuilder or Megatek coat Rebuilder.

Here are some tips for newbies, Originally posted by Shimmie:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmie View Post
Snuckles This is Just for You!

Attention Newbies!

Help Notes for using Ovation Cell Therapy an Mega Tek

Rule #1 - Forget reading this entire thread. Yes...forget it. It's too overwhelming and you only be more confused on use of these products.

Rule # 1 - I am ON PURPOSE omitting all of the EXTRA's (even my extras I've shared in earlier posts) that so many us have listed in our regimes.

I am posting the Simple Method which is ALL anyone needs to follow.

Rule #3 - Relax and Allow your Hair to Grow...It will.

Steps for Using these products that WORK!

I. Ovation Hair Care System

www.ovationhair.com

Main Product in this system that produces Growth:

Ovation Cell Therapy - The Growth Product

http://www.ovationhair.com/OvationStore.asp?ac=lk&cat=2

How to use:

1. Apply to scalp as you would hair oil or hair grease and gently massage into your scalp with the pads (soft part) of your fingers.

2. Leave on your scalp for at least an hour then rinse your scalp with lukewarm water and proceed with your favorite hair conditioner. Place in protective style.

3. OR --- leave in overnight and rinse out in the morning. Place hair in protective style.

That's it. You're done!

3. How often? At least 3 times a week. Each night is fine, but 3 times a week is plenty. I know because I've done so.

You do not need all three Ovation products. Although I have the complete system, I mainly use the Cell Therapy.

II. Mega Tek -- Same as above

1. Apply to scalp as you would a scalp conditoner or hair grease.
2. Gently massage the prduct into scalp with soft pads of your fingers.
3. Leave in at least one hour or overnight.
4. Rinse out, condition hair with favorite hair conditioner.
5. Put hair in protective style.

Which Product does what?

Mega Tek will thicken your hair -- fast! It will also strenghten your hair which will lenghten your hair.

Ovation Cell Therapy will lengthen your hair --- fast! It just doesn't thicken as quickly as the Mega Tek does. But it sure gives the length.

Shampooing your hair....

As often or as little as you wish. I use shampoo only once a month.

However, at least 3 times a week, I Condition-Wash with my favorite conditioner. After I rinse, the conditioner out, I apply either Ovation or Mega Tek to my scalp. If I'm sleepy, I leave it in overnight.

I even go out in public with this product in my hair. Ain't nobody gonna grow my hair but me, so I could care less about what anyone thinks.

Key Principle - Make it easy on yourself. The only method to focus upon is that this is a scalp treatment. And it's not complicated

Do your thing with it and forget about all of the extras, such as the oils, and whatever else you've been reading. You DO NOT NEED IT!

Oiling Your Scalp:

Only if you want to. And if so, use either Castor Oil or Jojoba Oil or Emu Oil. They are growth oils.

If you want to mix a little oil with the Ovation or Mega Tek, you can, but you do not have to. It's only an option. However, if you do, only use Castor Oil, Jojoba Oil or Emu Oil. Again, these are growth oils.

SHEDDING

It's happens, but do not panick. I had major shedding after the 3rd week of Ovation, but I survived and so did my hair.

Garlic saved the day and my hair and my nerves Garlic stops the shedding.

Garlic Tabs:

Internally: Take 1 -3 tablets per day. That's all you need. Don't overload on this because it's not necessary.

Externally: Make a garlic paste as follows:

About 1 Tablespoon of Garlic Powder (not Garlic Salt -- Powder only)

Mix with with enough Castor Oil (or Olive Oil or Jojoba Oil) to make a thin paste.

Apply this Garlic paste onto and into your entire head, hair and scalp. Cover your head with plastic cap and leave this mixture on your head for a least one hour. YOU DO NOT NEED HEAT!. Your body heat is quite sufficient. I use one of those gold mylar (foil) plastic caps and it truly heats up my hair on its own.

Now wash your hair with a mild shampoo and then condition your hair. Place into a protective style and Smile! Cause your shedding has just been 'checked' ...

Now if you want to spend extra money, you can purchase the Alter Ego Garlic Hair cream conditioner. I love this product and it smells so light and fresh and it works!

Here's one of many links for the product:

http://www.ibeautyny.com/goods_detail.asp?goodsIdx=2157

Moisture:

Keep your hair moisturized as well. Do what you know is best for moisturizing your hair. Use your favorite DC's (Deep conditioning products/regimes). Just make it easy for YOU. That's the Key --- making it easy for you to maintain.

Other Proteins:

Stay away from them. Both of these products are protein heavy and you do not need other proteins. It will dry your hair.

Here's a Treat for your Hair:

"The Kiya Fizzie" --- The KF Solution from our family member "Just Kiya"

Add a little Sea Salt (1/2 teaspoon) to a huge handful of your favorite hair conditioner. Any conditioner of your choice.

Mix well and apply to your hair. Cover with Plasic cap for at least an hour. Rinse out and your hair will be as soft as can be. This also Relaxes the ends of your hair. See pic #4 in my siggy pikistrip. Treat yourself to the Kiya Fizzie once a week. Your hair will love you for it.

Ladies this is it! I am so sorry for adding to the confusion. We all want to grow our hair super fast, well this is it! When I stopped adding all of the extras my hair grew. The only 'extra' in my regime is the use of the Garlic. That's it. My hair grew even faster.

Okay............now go grow that hair!

I'm going to ask DSD to post this up front to make it easier for the Newbies.

Until we get this posted up front just remember this is post number #3567.

Here are my growth pics from the first week of September to the first week of October. I have only been faithful a month with my regimen MT/OCT/Beemine applied to the scalp every or every other day and co-wash/wash whenever I feel like it which is usually three times a week. I don't use anything special to wash or co-wash with. The pics of Oct I used OCT shampoo to shampoo. I will also post in the challenges progress pics thread. I used the wing of one of the birds in my back tatoo to measure...lol.

Have a good night ladies.

First week of SEPTEMBER First week of OCTOBER

september.jpg
october.jpg

First week of SEPTEMBER First week of OCTOBER

september1.jpg
october2-1.jpg

I'm checkin in i have been using MT for about a month my new growth is off the chain! I can tell its growing fast but it is SOOOOOOO SOFT. With this stuff i might be able to BC around Christmas time :woot:

Man i really need a new camera!!! Ill try and use one of my friends this weekend so i can post some pics.

p.s. Everyone is growing beautifully!

CIMG1186final2.jpg

CIMG1378-1.jpg

CIMG1379-1.jpg

CIMG1380-1.jpg

CIMG1381-1.jpg

OMG, this is some nice growth. I've been on the fence about megatek, but umm, I think I need to get it now.

Hey Ladis,

I am getting corns rows with human hair next wekend and I still want to use my mega-tek but im not sure if washing will mess up the braids. Is anyone else using this product with braids, please PM me or post your regime.

eta: i was skeptical after my relaxer b/c i didnt notice growth right away from the MT but im two weeks post and I def. see the new growth comming in!!!

Good Luck everyone

Thanks!

Back