natural updo's

anon123

My camera card broke. I've already ordered another, and as soon as I get it I'm going to do a video tutorial for this kind of updo:

NappFrizz83

My camera card broke. I've already ordered another, and as soon as I get it I'm going to do a video tutorial for this kind of updo:

i've seen your mega bun tutorial on youtube i was also thinking about wearing that to grow my hair out with out weave :grin:

JustKiya

I don't have any instructions, but I've found that if you start with two strand twists, you can make almost any updo you could see on short straight hair. :yep:

lilsparkle825

brockstar has a real cute one i cant wait to duplicate...but i dont know how she would feel about me posting the pic, its in her fotki though.

lovelymissyoli

Here are some from when I was natural...

Flat twist+two-strand twist updo...

Side swept twisted updo (+flat twists)...

Flat twisted bun...

Don't know what to call this one...boredom?

How it looked from the front...

Flat twisted puff & hump...

Nappy formal updo...

...there are tons more in my album, you just have to look..hth...

Last edited:

baddison

natural for good

Flat twisted bun...

Nappy formal updo...

Wow...these are all beautiful!:yep: How did you maintain these? What was your routine? How often did you take down and redo the twists??

NappFrizz83

Flat twisted bun...

Nappy formal updo...

omg those styles are so pretty i love when people dress up twist and make them creative

lovelymissyoli

Wow...these are all beautiful!:yep: How did you maintain these? What was your routine? How often did you take down and redo the twists??

Thank you! As far as maintenance, I wore a satin/silk scarf every night. Normally I kept them up for a week...maybe a week and a half...or dare I say two weeks. If you've been through my albums before then you'd know that I never keep a style in too long no matter how long it took me to do it. I get bored easily! :yep: I redid the twists when I saw it was necessary, usually they held up until it was time to take them down.

Ms Lala

I had 2 layers of twists. Flat twists inthe front and single strand in the back. My head is big and flat twists going all the way back is not a good look. I wore this for a few days and then rocked a twist out.

My updo for an afrocentric event. These were done on medsize 2 strandtwists. Took about 3 hours and lasted 2 weeks.

msa

Thank you! As far as maintenance, I wore a satin/silk scarf every night. Normally I kept them up for a week...maybe a week and a half...or dare I say two weeks. If you've been through my albums before then you'd know that I never keep a style in too long no matter how long it took me to do it. I get bored easily! :yep: I redid the twists when I saw it was necessary, usually they held up until it was time to take them down.

Oh my gosh girl!! You and your hairstyles are beautiful. You have some skills with twisting. I wish I could do all of that!

lovelymissyoli

I noticed that too! Love the brows :yep:

Thank you! It took me a while to get there...I had a mishap back when Nads first came out... :nono:

I agree- Missyoli-u need to teach a workshop or something

I wish!! I seriously considered doing natural hair on the side for a quick second, but I don't know too many naturals so I let that idea sit on the back burner. However, I do have a video on YouTube: http://youtube.com/watch?v=nTJcRs9xDtI

NappFrizz83

the other day i was wearing my normal hairstyle (back and clipped up) and i took it down and started scratching my head and was like hmm i could push the top up into a hump and keep the back clipped up
the original style

the rough drafts of my style

looks ashy with the flash on but whatev

NewYorkgyrl

Great thread!!!! You ladies are giving me some really great ideas. I need to keep practicing so that I can someday do this. WOW! You ladies are an inspiration.

anon123

My updo for an afrocentric event. These were done on medsize 2 strandtwists. Took about 3 hours and lasted 2 weeks.

This is gorgeous! Did you have to flat twist over to the side to get them to hang, or pin them over, or are the twists on the other side put into the bun? Can't wait until my hair is long enough to do this.

I put the video of the updo I posted on the first page on Youtube. Here's the link.