WTF!!!! Another hair horror story.

CatSuga

Before............................

After....................

http://www.going-natural.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7&Itemid=2

Dolapo

hehe...ummm...sorry didnt mean to laugh, well, i feel sorry for the lady. it does look like her hair texture is fine....why on earth was she using a super strength??????

Daughter

UK Blak
Dolapo said:
hehe...ummm...sorry didnt mean to laugh, well, i feel sorry for the lady. it does look like her hair texture is fine....why on earth was she using a super strength??????

I remember when I used to perm that many stylists automatically assume if your hair is thick then it must be more resistant to the chemical. The idea of "Super strength" always scared me but even the mild ones ain't that mild...

prettykinks

When I first looked at just the pics I thought it was a joke and the lady was doing a BC. I feel really bad for her. Hopefully it will grow back in healthy.

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
Thats too bad she had problems. Her hair doesnt look that healthy in the first two pics though. It looks like she has some breakage, some thinning, and it may be dry,brittle or porous. Maybe its just me though.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
"I am not a licensed beautician but I do know how to do hair. " :smirk:

Those pics prove that she in fact does not know how to do her own hair... I'm afraid for her friends and family who she said she does their hair for! :eek:

TigerLily

I agree, Enchantmt. I also wonder if she was pulling that super relaxer all the way to the ends of her seemingly fine, thin hair. :eek:

Either way, she shouldn't have been using a super. Geez!

jetcitygirl

Smeller of roses
Ouch! She's lucky she still has any hair at all... There was a thread a while back from a lady in Netherlands or Norway - somewhere in Europe- who had permanent complete baldness and the most horrible scabs on her scalp from a bad relaxer. I remember wondering whenever the stylist rinsed out my relaxers if my hair would go down the drain with the water. :lol:
There's a reason why they get your hair straight and putting caustic stuff on your scalp is not a gentle process. I praise her for sharing her story. That took courage.

*Happily Me*

This is really unfortunate. :( I also would wonder if my hair was going to fall out down the drain after rinsing the relaxer off. That never happened however, I always had split ends for days.

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
I'm with you all, why in the world did she use super? Even her before picture, her hair looked over-processed. Sorry but that's how it looks to me.

Dolapo

Champagne_Wishes said:
I'm with you all, why in the world did she use super? Even her before picture, her hair looked over-processed. Sorry but that's how it looks to me.

yep, the before pics look really jacked up

bellydancer

Enchantmt said:
Thats too bad she had problems. Her hair doesnt look that healthy in the first two pics though. It looks like she has some breakage, some thinning, and it may be dry,brittle or porous. Maybe its just me though.

I agree with you. The before pics weren't healthy looking to me. Her ends look thin and dry.

bellydancer

Poohbear said:
"I am not a licensed beautician but I do know how to do hair. " :smirk:

Those pics prove that she in fact does not know how to do her own hair... I'm afraid for her friends and family who she said she does their hair for! :eek:

I know SO many girls who say this. EVERYBODY knows how to STYLE hair, but they don't know how to take care of it. most licensed beauticians don't know how to CARE for hair.

lthomas1

Hair Power!
I feel sorry for this lady and her hair problems, but she needed some serious hair care prior to the relaxer. Her hair really was in poor shape. The super relaxer was the last straw. Her hair was already very weak and brittle looking.

Last edited:

MizAvalon

bellydancer said:
I know SO many girls who say this. EVERYBODY knows how to STYLE hair, but they don't know how to take care of it. most licensed beauticians don't know how to CARE for hair.

Girl ain't that the truth!! Most PROFESSIONALS don't know what they're doing!

Cichelle

*shudder*

That's awful. Makes me think how lucky I am that I still have a full head of hair. When I used relaxers, I never understood how dangerous those chemicals can be if not used properly...and believe me, I did not use them properly. I feel bad for that woman. I guess she couldn't see that her hair was in bad shape to begin with. Sometimes we can be blind like that. :sad:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
bellydancer said:
I know and I totally agree... but I wasn't advocating licensed beauticians when I made my comment... that woman just needs help!!! :lol:

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
I'm sorry, but this says it all:

Do you think there is a lesson to learn from this experience? If so what have you learnt, if not why not.
No, I think I had a bad relaxer. Yes, what Ive learnt is to one needs to see a physician as soon as possible to avoid any further damages.

The only thing she learned is to go to the doctor sooner? :ohwell:

balisi

Enchantmt said:
Not just you. My thoughts exactly.

VelvetRain

Maybe someone should be kind enough to point her over here to learn how to take care of her hair. I agree with many who say her hair looks very unhealthy in the first two pictures before her mishap. Maybe this experience will teach her to leave the chemicals alone and see a professional for chemical processes. Not everyone can relax their hair without problems. It only took me once to stop playing around with chemicals.