My "holy Grail"!!

Just wondering, how long did it take for you ladies to see results?

I'm still taking daily but I'm having a hard time taking on an empty stomach. Maybe I should change the time of day because when it wake up I'm so hungry that before I know it I have something in my mouth lol. Or I'll take it on an empty stomach then 5,minutes later I'm like chomp chomp.... Oops

I felt the results before I actually saw any results. I saw the results wishing 2-3 weeks.

Just wondering, how long did it take for you ladies to see results?

I'm still taking daily but I'm having a hard time taking on an empty stomach. Maybe I should change the time of day because when it wake up I'm so hungry that before I know it I have something in my mouth lol. Or I'll take it on an empty stomach then 5,minutes later I'm like chomp chomp.... Oops

I wake up so early that it is too early for me to really eat much so I have that advantage. Have you tried drinking a large glass of room temp water after you take it?

This thread has me feeling some type of way. Its tough fitting this stuff into budget as a teen :lachen:, but I will wait patiently and hopefully when that day comes that I'll get good results like you. :D

P.S. And yes, you should definitely start a collagen/gelatin challenge for 2017!

Last edited:
I bought a different kind of collagen this time. The tub is huge compared to the last one. There were tons of reviews on Amazon and they were all so good I had to get it. I'm taking this more for joints and anything else is a bonus. I haven't seen any progress with my bald spot sadly. I'm using emu oil as well as a eo mix along with the collagen and nothing to report yet.

I bought a different kind of collagen this time. The tub is huge compared to the last one. There were tons of reviews on Amazon and they were all so good I had to get it. I'm taking this more for joints and anything else is a bonus. I haven't seen any progress with my bald spot sadly. I'm using emu oil as well as a eo mix along with the collagen and nothing to report yet.

Which did you buy?

So far, taking collagen has made working out easier! Wow! I'm much less sore during after-workout recovery time, and feeling "less bad" after workouts reduces any sense of dreading it. I am amazed.

Also, I didn't know that the older we get, the less collagen we produce. In THAT case :lol:, I want to take it indefinitely! ;)

Which one did you get? The brand matters and I avoid those received for free in exchange for review.

I have officially become a collagen junkie and have 8 different brands, please don't ask why. I just finished a can of a different marine collagen cos it contained other assortments and.... I lost my progress and acne returned in full force. So I big chopped :angel2::rolleyes:

I'm home so I don't have access to the usual marine collagen and I'm overdosing on great lakes at the moment. Here's to a collagen filled new year:amen:

Which one did you get? The brand matters and I avoid those received for free in exchange for review.

I have officially become a collagen junkie and have 8 different brands, please don't ask why. I just finished a can of a different marine collagen cos it contained other assortments and.... I lost my progress and acne returned in full force. So I big chopped :angel2::rolleyes:

I'm home so I don't have access to the usual marine collagen and I'm overdosing on great lakes at the moment. Here's to a collagen filled new year:amen:

Wait! I didn't quite catch that: You big chopped because of collagen side effects?

Wait! I didn't quite catch that: You big chopped because of collagen side effects?

Nah, my hair was growing well enough especially on collagen but it's always been of different lengths. I started a new collagen, lost all the great benefits, had lots of breakage, ended up with hair of million different lengths so I bigchopped. Hoping to grow my hair evenly on great lakes and the marine collagen mentioned here.

Nah, my hair was growing well enough especially on collagen but it's always been of different lengths. I started a new collagen, lost all the great benefits, had lots of breakage, ended up with hair of million different lengths so I bigchopped. Hoping to grow my hair evenly on great lakes and the marine collagen mentioned here.

Aww! I think one good brand is what you should go for. What collagen caused the breakage?

Ah, I see.

Do you feel your hair can only grow evenly if you take collagen? Is your hair destined to break unless you take collagen, you feel?

Aww! I think one good brand is what you should go for. What collagen caused the breakage?

Yep, I learn the hard way. It was a French product that contained vitamin c, hydrolauric acid?, reservetrol?, you know, sexy stuff. So I thought the more, the merrier. I now understand why it was on sale.

@YvetteWithJoy , it wasn't until I started collagen that I noticed my hair growing. I also had the least amount of breakage ever. I was wondering why my breakage started again and when the acne returned, I put 2+2 together and the new collagen was the only new thing. It might just be my thinking but my results on great collagen and marine collagen were phenomenal.

Yep, I learn the hard way. It was a French product that contained vitamin c, hydrolauric acid?, reservetrol?, you know, sexy stuff. So I thought the more, the merrier. I now understand why it was on sale.

@YvetteWithJoy , it wasn't until I started collagen that I noticed my hair growing. I also had the least amount of breakage ever. I was wondering why my breakage started again and when the acne returned, I put 2+2 together and the new collagen was the only new thing. It might just be my thinking but my results on great collagen and marine collagen were phenomenal.

Thanks for sharing. I'll watch my breakage patterns! I don't want my hair to become dependent on anything. I'm hoping that doesn't apply to my hair, and I hope your hair stays on the mend!

Thanks for sharing. I'll watch my breakage patterns! I don't want my hair to become dependent on anything.

Oh I don't think it was dependent on it, i think I just needed collagen. I was very protein deficient, diet and hair wise. I also started using the Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor and that helped a lot.

I've been taking my collagen with just water. Is anyone else doing it this way with great results? Or do I need to add Vit C?

I had a nail that had awful ridges and constantly split. Well, my nail looks good now and the ridge that split has gone away.

Is anyone taking a capsule collagen supplement?

I just added Nature's Life Marine Collagen back into the mix. I used it a few years ago with a HSN, bamboo silica and a few other goodies and had great results. My hair grew an inch a month. (I also was using my homemade NJoy sulfur oil, washing daily, taking a vitamin cocktain and PSing in extension braids.) I got so many compliments on my skin and people thinking I was in high school lol.

I had a nail that had awful ridges and constantly split. Well, my nail looks good now and the ridge that split has gone away.

Is anyone taking a capsule collagen supplement?

As I mentioned above, I've taken this too. I remember another member (@Dove56) suggesting it a few years back as a replacement for Viviscal. That's how I found out about it. How has it working for your hair and face? I notice that the recommended marine collagen OP uses has way more marine collagen.

@Pokahontas try Nature's Life Marine Collagen. I've used it for years.

Last edited:
Back