My "holy Grail"!!

Gr8ness83

I have recently been playing with the idea of making my own HSN gummy vitamins because the majority of the vitamins available are made with gelatin and since I don't eat pork and the bottles don't specify whether the gelatin is pork, beef, chicken, or plant-based, I decided to make my own.

Upon doing some research on some good things to put in my vitamins and what to use to make them congeal, I stumbled upon marine collagen. I wanted to put collagen in but I didn't want an animal derived collagen, for the same reasons I didn't want an animal derived gelatin.

I found some amazing things to put in my vitamins but the one thing that I want to share is the marine collagen. I am not exaggerating when I say that it is FRIGGIN AMAZING!!!!. Now, I bought it for the HSN benefits, of which I am sure there will be plenty; however, marine collagen is also good for your joints, ligaments, etc..., which I saw when I purchased it but that was just an "added benefit".

Now I know this is the hair board, but I am going to post all the benefits here as well as the other , health and wellness board or whatever other board that is appropriate. I have to say, I have never, EVER taken a supplement and felt the benefits soo quickly and drastically as I have when I began taking this marine collagen. I am astonished! I have been raving about it to everyone I come across, especially athletes. I recently finished the last 2 classes for my BS so I began working out again since I now have the time. I knew what to expect as far as pain since it had been so long since I worked out but I felt nothing at all. No pain, that day, the day after or now, after one week. I was able to push myself harder than I ever expected without any pain.

After only one week of me taking it (a teaspoon in cold water or juice with vitamin c is best) The pains that I have from years of wear and tear in the military, a bad knee that was hyperextended when I was a teen, and dealing with pain when I wake up DAILY, I feel like none of that has ever even occurred. I have virtually no pain AND the hair around my edges began sprouting in the thin areas. Now, I did start using the XCel (the new Surge 14) but that has only been a few days so I don't think that is the cause. My mom loved it so much that she ordered some of the marine collagen as the stuff I purchased to make it gel together (which I currently put in my hot coffee to drink). I took out a section of hair to measure so I can document the start and take some "finished" pics in December when I take out my loc extensions.

I hope this helps someone the way it has helped me! I have attached the link for where I purchased the one I have. There are other brands, I will play around and try another brand at some point but for now, I am HOOKED on this.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...1_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=TPWYA4M943KMG90EEQS0

ETA: I am not selling the collagen nor the agar agar, I am simply passing along information that I hope will help someone. Also, I don't know which one it is (I think it is the agar agar, but it has helped with my appetite cravings and reduced my tendency to nosh on empty calories. When I looked a little more, bot have benefits for diets but agar agar is used in Asian countries (primarily Japan) for weight loss, so it could be that.

Last edited:

Garner

Hi! The link does not work. Could you tell which Great Lakes product you are referring to. Thanks

immy

Gr8ness83

the one i use is great lakes https://www.amazon.com/Great-Lakes-...rd_wg=a5P9W&psc=1&refRID=SPCGKPA1EX8XM6PXKPSJ

but Gr8ness83 posted a link for marine collagen which is like great lakes but from fish instead of bovine. great lakes is 454g/$22.99 and the marine collagen is 200g/$17.50. marine collagen is supposed to be better and more similar to human collagen but the great lakes dissolves effortlessly in my tea and is tasteless. hope that helps

This is the one that I have. My Chief just came by and we were talking about it and now HE is ordering it as well. I need to order some more because I keep telling everyone about it and they are ordering it all up! Good for them; bad for me. Lol. The marine collagen that I purchased has no smell or taste. I was bracing myself for a fishy taste the first time I took it but the water tasted like water.

Attachments

• Marine Collagen.jpg
    Marine Collagen.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 136

Gr8ness83

Pics of my nails. They've grown before but usually, they break off. My nails are super long and strong. I have to file them every few days, more so since I started the marine collagen, the initial gotten spurt, I believe, can be attributed to the gummy vitamins and biotin I was taking. Most would think I'm crazy with the ridiculous amount of biotin I am taking so I won't go there: lolIMG_2154.JPGIMG_2153.JPG

Last edited:

Gr8ness83

@Gr8ness83, you mention quite a few products in this thread. What do you think your results would be if you had been ONLY taking the marine collagen (no biotin, no Surge spray, no agar agar, etc.)?

TIA!

Well,
I wasn't sure which was working initially in regards to the agar agar and the marine collagen. I stopped the agar agar for a few days and continued the marine collagen and the results continued. I am winding down on my vitamins and planned on going without them for a while to gauge how the marine collagen works. I'll make sure to keep you all updated!

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Well,
I wasn't sure which was working initially in regards to the agar agar and the marine collagen. I stopped the agar agar for a few days and continued the marine collagen and the results continued. I am winding down on my vitamins and planned on going without them for a while to gauge how the marine collagen works. I'll make sure to keep you all updated!

Many thanks! Can't wait to read your updates. Thanks for sharing this product!

MizzBFly

My order of this just came in I did drink 1tbsp this morning with my tea although there is no flavor there is a smell that I'm not quite fond of, may have to use a cup with a lid, excited to see the results!
Any suggested tips?
ETA: I ordered the great lakes collagen beef..I already placed an order for the fish collagen pictured above.

Last edited:

immy

i have been using the marine collagen for 1 week now. it doesnt dissolve as well as the great lakes collagen but i dont notice any odor. it certainly helps with weight management, i have stomach muscles and i dont exercise :) i havent noticed any hair growth but i just got crochet braids and my scalp is itching like crazy. the price went down from 17.79 to 15.79 today so i ordered 4 more. I will update in december when i take out these crochet braids.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I've been thinking about trying collagen for a minute. I'll do some more research but the price point looks good. Thanks for sharing OP.

LStreeter

I just took my first dose of the marine collagen. It dissolved quickly and has no taste. That was my biggest concern. Let's see how this goes!

MizzBFly

i have been using the marine collagen for 1 week now. it doesnt dissolve as well as the great lakes collagen but i dont notice any odor. it certainly helps with weight management, i have stomach muscles and i dont exercise :) i havent noticed any hair growth but i just got crochet braids and my scalp is itching like crazy. the price went down from 17.79 to 15.79 today so i ordered 4 more. I will update in december when i take out these crochet braids.
I'm ordering another now with that deduction. Thanks!

Gr8ness83

@Gr8ness83 Does it mix well?

I let the marine collagen mix in about 1/2 of the water dose (about 4-5oz) I shake it or stir it a bit and let it dissolve. Once it is all dissolved, I add the other half of water. There is NOTHING floating around. Someone at work thought it was their water bottle but I marked it and had to tell them it was my water with my marine collagen in it. They were amazed there was nothing floating around.

Gr8ness83

I'm so

I'm so happy that you are having a positive experience! My mom killed 2 of my tubs so I have to order more. She ordered one for me and 2 more for her. She LOVES it. My Chief of Police ordered some and his wife started taking it. I'm excited to hear everyone's results! I took a loc extension out last night as was SHOCKED at the length. I was in blatant disbelief. I know how long the hair in that particular loc was because I had redone it about 4 weeks ago. It APPEARS that I've gained over an inch but since I didn't measure it back then, I can't verify that so I don't want to put that out as being concrete. What I will do is measure that particular loc before I redo it and then again in 4-6 weeks when I redo it.

Gr8ness83

My order of this just came in I drink 1tbsp this morning with my tea although there is no flavor there is smell that I'm not quite fond of, may have to use a cup with a lid, excited to see the results!
Any suggested tips?
ETA: I ordered the great lakes collagen beef..I already placed an order for the fish collagen pictured above.

I suggest shaking it up. Also, they suggest taking it with juice that has vitamin C, such as orange juice. I know the faint smell that you are referring to and since it is so faint, it doesn't bother me. Orange juice masks the smell and does not effect the taste whatsoever (for MY tastebuds, at least) Letting it fully dissolve is probably the best advice. Also, taking it early in the morning, then again in the evening. Drink plenty of water

Last edited:

MizzBFly

I suggest shaking it up. Also, they suggest taking it with juice that has vitamin C, such as orange juice. I know the faint smell that you are referring to and since it is so faint, it doesn't bother me. Orange juice masks the smell and does not affect the taste whatsoever (for MY tastebuds, at least) Letting it fully dissolve is probably the best advice. Also, taking it early in the morning, then again in the evening. Drink plenty of water
Great advice!...Ill mix with some cranberry or apple juice, I really didn't consider that option since I cut juice out years ago. The fact that it thickens didn't work to well with my hot tea unless I used a cup with a lid then I chugged ...lol with that said water was a no no :barf: But each person is different so water may work for others. I've also ordered the marine collagen (fish derivatives) maybe that one may be slightly different. Cheers!!:alcoholics:

Gr8ness83

Great advice!...Ill mix with some cranberry or apple juice, I really didn't consider that option since I cut juice out years ago. The fact that it thickens didn't work to well with my hot tea unless I used a cup with a lid then I chugged ...lol with that said water was a no no :barf: But each person is different so water may work for others. I've also ordered the marine collagen (fish derivatives) maybe that one may be slightly different. Cheers!!:alcoholics:

I learned the hard way that I need to keep a lid on my tea cup. I also spread the dosage out throughout the day; for example, I will take a portion of the dose in a cup of tea or coffee in the morning and in the afternoon. I like taking it in tea because I can get double the benefit of using Nettle or bamboo tea The marine collagen won't thicken but the agar agar WILL turn anything you out it in into a gel. Lol.

immy

Just a few update pics, sorry i dont know how to write on the pictures but the before pictures are from august/september 2016 and after pictures are from october 2016 after 1 month of great lakes collagen. disclaimer, i had been using biotin, msm, b vitamins, chlorella, spirulina, diatomateous earth and all other sorts for at least 6 months. the bald patch on my forehead has been there for 2 years despite multiple visits to the doctor and dermatologists. i even made another emergent appt in october and had to cancel it because, well, i had nothing to show the dermatologist.

Attachments

• IMG_20160915_1211267_rewind.jpg
    IMG_20160915_1211267_rewind.jpg
    311.1 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_20161016_1233489_rewind.jpg
    IMG_20161016_1233489_rewind.jpg
    319.8 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_20160827_1717446_rewind.jpg
    IMG_20160827_1717446_rewind.jpg
    403.8 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_20161103_2127041_rewind.jpg
    IMG_20161103_2127041_rewind.jpg