What ingredient in this conditioner mix do you think gave me such good results?

HoneyDew

Ive been trying to finish up all the partially used bottles of stuff I have so I find myself kind throwing in all kinds of stuff these days.

This time my mixture was:

The remainder of some So Sexy Nourishing Conditioner I had.
2 big dollops of Coconut oil that I melted in the microwave and stirred in
about 2 oz of Hydrolyzed Marine Collagen I had left from a big bottle.

I have never used coconut oil in a conditioner and I have only used the collagen in my henna mixes. I have used the So Sexy Conditioner and it is good, but not THAT good. lol

I was amazed at the results I got. I am about 7.5 weeks post and my NG and under processed sections have been giving me a fight recently. Not after last night's condition. I can't imagine having to relax for a while if I can get results like these. The slip was amazing. My hair was so soft in the shower. AT first I thought it was TOO soft. My NG was tamed. My underprocessed sections were soft and managable. My hair dried fast and flatironed easily at a pretty low temp.

Please tell me you think it was the coconut oil. :look: I cannot seem to find that Marine Collagen anymore. The company I purchased it from went out of business last year.

Next time try it with the coconut oil with your conditioner and let us know. You will now for sure if it was it or not. Good luck and come back and tell us!!!!

Thanks for replying ladies. I was starting to think my thread was gonna get ignored. After I posted yesterday and went and did some research and I agree, I think it was the coconut oil. I am def going to try it again. If the results I got the other day continue, I will finally be able to stretch longer, one of my main goals. :)

And Bnster, that is exactly what I have been planning to do,. I have enough of that mix from the other day to do one more deep condition, but after that I am going to try putting just the coconut oil in a conditioner and see what happens. I will be 9 weeks post at that point.

Back