Midback 2008 Challenge Part II-Pr

MBL is usually just the bottom of a proper fitting bra, or half way between BSL and WL. Depending on you body proportions, there may be 1-3" or so difference between BSL and MBL. HTH :)

-BSL top of bra
-MBL bottom of bra

Thanks! That helps a lot. I'm going to keep my target date April '08. I'm 6 feet so it is going to take some time to reach it even though I'm at BSL. :)

So far everything is going well. The tip of my V is about 1 inch past BSL now, so I believe I'm right on track for my March goal.

I am nowhere near in this challenge:ohwell:....

just another opportunity to shout out silverlotus' hair... :drool:

:lol:

Good luck ladies!:wave:

Please add me to the list too! I'm not sure when I'll make MBL, but I'm definitely hoping some time in 2008. :yep:

Im in!! I am new to LHCF and although my hair is barely shoulder length now, I am hoping to add 6 inches in the next year. Great forum - I am looking forward to the coming year with you all!

Can someone explain what is required in order to participate in this challenge. Are there any rules, or is it just every woman for themselves in terms of how they are going to achieve the MBL goal?

Anyone have any ideas for maximizing their hair health and growth in order to reach this goal?

Hi Ladies! I'd like to join this challenge please. I haven't had time to exactly measure my hair, but i'll set a goal date later.

Hey, count me in!

Target Dates
currently shoulder length
APL - July 08
MBL - Dec 08

I can feel it :wow: I can taste it :lick: I can do it! :yay:

Can someone explain what is required in order to participate in this challenge. Are there any rules, or is it just every woman for themselves in terms of how they are going to achieve the MBL goal?

Anyone have any ideas for maximizing their hair health and growth in order to reach this goal?

No, there are no particular rules. Just continue with your normal hair care regimen.

As for maximizing hair health you can try:
1. Deep conditioning
2. Keeping hair moisturized by, using water based moisturizers or leave-in conditioners and sealing with oil or natural butters. CO washing is also a good way to keep moisture in your hair.
3. Gentle detangling with a widetooth comb when hair has plenty conditioner in it.
4. Minimizing manipulation.
5. No or minimal direct heat.
6. Baggying as needed
7. Protective styling, like buns, braids, twists, or roller sets.
8. Protein treatments when needed.
9. Eat healthy, and drink plenty of water
10. Supplements and/or growth aids.

That's all I can think of for now. HTH :)

Well at my last touch-up in October I was just about at APL, so I think I am there! I will straighten at the end of the HYH challenge and then I will know for sure, but I am pretty sure I'm there Regardless, I am still shooting for December 08 for MBL:pepper:

:welcome4: to the challenge ladies, I have added your names to the list. :clap: If I forgot to add your name, please PM me.

2008 is knocking on the door. A few of you said you should be close to or at MB in January, so how's the progress? Can we see some pics? Anyone have major growth over the past few months, setbacks, etc.

you've been on the list:grin::yep:.

hehe..I forgot I joined. I pm'd cateyes to ask for the link. So, I put midback 08 under my name so I can remember. Dang, I'm on so many challenges.:lachen:I fuhgets:grin:..oh and I'm still grazing bs:wallbash: I'm getting ready to get back on my wash/dc every 3 days regimen and bun/baggie. That will do the trick for me:grin:cuz I WILL be midback N 08:yep: *I HOPE*:perplexed

Last edited:
hehe..I forgot I joined. I pm'd cateyes to ask for the link. So, I put midback 08 under my name so I can remember. Dang, I'm on so many challenges.:lachen:I fuhgets:grin:..oh and I'm still grazing bs:wallbash: I'm getting ready to get back on my wash/dc every 3 days regimen and bun/baggie. That will do the trick for me:grin:cuz I WILL be midback N 08:yep: *I HOPE*:perplexed

I love your hair. It looks so full. You have made much progress. You'll be MB before you know it.

No, there are no particular rules. Just continue with your normal hair care regimen.

As for maximizing hair health you can try:
1. Deep conditioning
2. Keeping hair moisturized by, using water based moisturizers or leave-in conditioners and sealing with oil or natural butters. CO washing is also a good way to keep moisture in your hair.
3. Gentle detangling with a widetooth comb when hair has plenty conditioner in it.
4. Minimizing manipulation.
5. No or minimal direct heat.
6. Baggying as needed
7. Protective styling, like buns, braids, twists, or roller sets.
8. Protein treatments when needed.
9. Eat healthy, and drink plenty of water
10. Supplements and/or growth aids.

That's all I can think of for now. HTH :)

I just flat-ironed my hair:ohwell: and had my SO check to see how long it would take for me to reach MBL and he said about 3 inches. With my typical growth pattern, that's about 3-6 months. However I flat-iron my hair once a week or once every two weeks. Could I still qualify under 5? :ohwell: I really want to join. :blush:

P.S. I'm planning to post pics this week and I am in the process of creating a fotki page.

I am really excited about reaching MBL in '08.. So far I have 4" to get to BSL, right now I have a lot of shrinkage due to the fact that I'm 9 weeks post relaxer.. I hope that when I do my touch-up in January I retained almost all of my growth and I be that much closer to BSL... MBL I'm coming for ya in '08 !!!!!!!!!!!

Moisturizing ---> Sealing----> Bunning===== CL, SL, APL, BSL, MBL

I just flat-ironed my hair:ohwell: and had my SO check to see how long it would take for me to reach MBL and he said about 3 inches. With my typical growth pattern, that's about 3-6 months. However I flat-iron my hair once a week or once every two weeks. Could I still qualify under 5? :ohwell: I really want to join. :blush:

P.S. I'm planning to post pics this week and I am in the process of creating a fotki page.

Your are more than welcome to join:yep:

I'm really looking forward to MBL in 2008! I've got about 3" to go. I get 1/2" a month, so it should take me about 6 months to get there. I'm going to increase my lo-mani though see if I can get there sooner. My goal is May. I had to do a trim this last retouch which brought me back to just past the top of BSL when straight but I like the look of my hair now, much more even. I'm going to dust whenever needed now and if that means every retouch so be it. I'm going for another 12-14 week stretch. That agrees with my hair so I'm going to stick with what ever has worked thus far until I reach MBL:yep:. I want thick, full, even MBL hair:grin:!

Last edited:
Add me to the list.
I do not know when during 2008 I will get there...but count me in.
I oil my scalp 2 a week with coconut oil and put mustard, coconut and/or castor oil on the lenght of my hair. I will also buy shikaikai (sp?) oil to wash my hair.
My hair is growing nicely now I just need to retain more of it as it grows.

Count me in on this one....if I haven't joined already. I hope to reach BSL by May/June 2008 and MBL by December 2008.

Back