Men who love women with hair

babyblue

yep i definitely notice a difference in the amount of attention i get from men when i wear my hair out as opposed to when i wear it up. Guys really love it.

Gryphyn

I just wanna chime in to say when I cut my hair to a twa last July, I would walk down the street and men would look right through me like I didn't even exist. Same thing when I went out to clubs.

BLESSED1

Country gal said:
It's not only men, women love long hair too. Members with long hair gets lots of love when they show their album. I think it is the feminity concept.

ITA

OT: Country Gal u look so gorgeous in ur avi :love:

Oh & I asked the Mister, he said he just likes it, & he likes having something to grab *rolls eyes*

dynamic1

Interesting thread. When my hair was very short I got lots of attention from men. However, I didn't feel great about some of the in between lengths during the grow out stage. I notice I get more negative attention with longer hair (when I wear it out). I think if a women has a nice style and great confidence men will be attracted to her long hair or not. For example, I used to feel subconscious about wearing my hair in a bun, and I don't recall getting a lot of love either. But when I got past it, so did everyone else. ;)

sareca

I can't speak for men, but I LOVE looking at long hair. Natural afro textured (I'm talking 4's here) unstretched BSL+ hair is the single most beautiful thing on the planet. I've only seen it in person twice both were African women that had never had chemicals and never cut their hair.

Last edited:

tenderheaded

I have owned short wigs for years - they make business travel very easy! However, one client saw me a few months ago with my hair down and his body language was very flirtatious! At his next appointment I wore one of my wigs and he was like " What happened to your hair":eek: He thought I had cut it.

I've always gotten "play" with a short wig or my real hair but men do love that hair past the shoulders:lachen:

peacelove

interesting convo. I always assumed men loved longer hair. I get a lot of comments on how long my hair got (I used to have that halle berry style cut). But at the same time, I got a lot of compliments on my short cut too. But people have said they prefer me with longer hair. I guess because it looks more feminine.

For myself, I honestly don't think long hair works on everyone. It can be boring on a lot of people, IMO. I love a lot of short and mid length styles I see, but I do understand how a man would prefer the idea of long hair representing womenhood, I guess.

secretdiamond

sareca said:
I can't speak for men, but I LOVE looking at long hair. Natural afro textured (I'm talking 4's here) unstretched BSL+ hair is the single most beautiful thing on the planet. I've only seen it in person twice both were African women that had never had chemicals and never cut their hair.
I couldn't agree with you more. :yep:

When I cut my hair last year to chin length, I got lots of attention from men and women (esp. white women). I think b/c it looked more chic and sophisticated the way it was cut. I felt more powerful (not feminine but powerful) for some reason and it gave me confidence that I think people noticed. I've always drawn more attention on my shorter cuts than my longer hair. Go figure. BUT my SO, although he liked it, prefers my hair longer.

shunta

bmoreflyygirl said:
Long beautiful hair is associated with femininity. I don't think it's racial. All races like long hair. I think it's just overemphasized in the Black community because it's a rarity.
Yep, cosigning on that.

CurleeDST

I really think you probably know the answer to this because it is very obvious. Long hair is very pretty, in comparison - black women do not wear their hair long for the most part and it stands out. That is why when someone has long hair people always want to touch it and play with it.

CityGirl said:
Ladies,

Why is it that men love women with long hair? Have any of you noticed the extra attention you get when you wear your hair out, or when your hair is blowing in the wind beind you? Why do you think men go :eek: over women who have long hair? I'm curious about what you ladies think.

Long, Healthy hair to all.

Ambitious1013

I think it can go both ways. I wore short hair for a long time and now I am growing it longer. I have gotten a variety of opinions about my hair from men. Some have stated that they like me with short hair and some are excited that I am growing it longer. :confused:

MizAvalon

bmoreflyygirl said:
Long beautiful hair is associated with femininity. I don't think it's racial. All races like long hair. I think it's just overemphasized in the Black community because it's a rarity.

ITA. I don't understand why women act so surprised over this. Long hair is a symbol of femininity, why wouldn't men be attracted to and prefer it?:perplexed

As for black men in particular, a few months ago I asked one of my male friends(black) straight up why black men go so crazy over long-haired black women. His answer was very simple, "Because you rarely see it".

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
Mestiza said:
I'll talk to him about that on tomorrow.

ETA:

I asked him about it and he said, "What gay man would want a beautiful and feminine woman?"

So short/medium length hair is not considered feminine? Well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I have shoulder length hair, so I'm manly now? :lol: I'm super duper girly....the length of my hair doesn't determine whether I'm feminine or not. I'm beautiful AND feminine. No disrespect, but I think it's rather shallow of your SO to think that. I mean, everyone has their preferences, and that's fine, but to say a man is gay for not wanting someone with long hair is rather far fetched. I fear for you if you ever get cancer (God forbid) and have to go through kemo and loose your hair...will he stay? My boyfriend always said that he'd stick with me no matter what (cancer, illness, etc), and I'd stick with him too. So what if he loses all the hairs on his body? That's not what made me love him. The stuff on the outside is superficial, and fades as time goes on. He cares more for having a mental and emotional connection with me, and that lasts wayyyyy longer than the physical stuff. IMO.

MizAvalon

TSUprincess04 said:
So short/medium length hair is not considered feminine? Well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I have shoulder length hair, so I'm manly now? :lol: I'm super duper girly....the length of my hair doesn't determine whether I'm feminine or not. I'm beautiful AND feminine. No disrespect, but I think it's rather shallow of your SO to think that. I mean, everyone has their preferences, and that's fine, but to say a man is gay for not wanting someone with long hair is rather far fetched. I fear for you if you ever get cancer (God forbid) and have to go through kemo and loose your hair...will he stay? My boyfriend always said that he'd stick with me no matter what (cancer, illness, etc), and I'd stick with him too. So what if he loses all the hairs on his body? That's not what made me love him. The stuff on the outside is superficial, and fades as time goes on. He cares more for having a mental and emotional connection with me, and that lasts wayyyyy longer than the physical stuff. IMO.

Having shorter hair does not mean that you are masculine. Halle Berry wore her hair short for years and she is as feminine as can be. Long hair however, is a SYMBOL of femininity. Just like high heels and cleavage are aslo SYMBOLS of femininity. Femininity itself is a state of being, a way of carrying yourself. All the glamming up in the world won't make an unfeminine woman, feminine. Take a tomboy, dress her up and put makeup on her and she is automatically feminine? No, she's just a tomboy in a dress.

If you are feminine, then that will shine through your actions and the way you carry and present yourself. Short hair or not.:)

Mariaat40

I also believe that men like long hair because it is associated with feminity and sexuality, which is why some religious persuasions require that the woman cover, bun, etc. their hair unless she is with other women or her husband. It's seen as sexually attractive.

Denim And Leather

Mestiza said:
I haven't met a man yet who doesn't love long hair. I asked my SO about it and he said that long hair is beautiful and feminine and that's what men like unless they're not into women.

I don't think race has anything to do with it at all. I agree with Mestiza, longer hair looks very feminine and that's what men like.

CurleeDST

Wow is that right? I didn't realize that.

Mariaat40 said:
I also believe that men like long hair because it is associated with feminity and sexuality, which is why some religious persuasions require that the woman cover, bun, etc. their hair unless she is with other women or her husband. It's seen as sexually attractive.

MizaniMami

TSUprincess04 said:

Hey TSU,

That's just her boyfriend's opinion. I was just reading through your thread and it read like her post kinda got you upset.

A lot of men think like her. Doesn't mean if she got sick or anything his love for her would be any different. Shoot, a lot of women feel the same way, but if a member of their family got sick I highly doubt their love for them would change also.

I don't think she meant that short hair was manly. She was just saying that for some men like her SO thinks that longer hair is more feminine, which in part I agree. Doesn't mean that I think anyone with short hair is masculine. For my aunt has a TWA and she looks beautiful and feminine like that.

Tee

Okay, so my goal was to ask MEN why they like long hair. The answer I got almost everytime.......It's sexy as hell.

Now one guy did say a lot depends on the woman head shape. Short hair can be very sexy too. (but in a nut shell, he liked long hair like the rest.)

But the other......say it's about sex appeal.

Last edited:

Denim And Leather

TSUprincess04 said:

You're right, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and tastes, but I think you're getting way too offended, and to use the cancer example and calling someone shallow because of their preference, when you don't know the person wasn't neccessary IMHO. I don't think anyone was saying that shorter hair is masculine, it's like what Mz. Avalon said, it's a symbol of femininity. A woman can have short hair and still be very feminine (Halle Berry is a great example.) :)

My hair is not quite "long" yet, and I consider myself to be quite feminine. :)

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
MizaniMami said:
Hey TSU,

That's just her boyfriend's opinion. I was just reading through your thread and it read like her post kinda got you upset.

A lot of men think like her. Doesn't mean if she got sick or anything his love for her would be any different. Shoot, a lot of women feel the same way, but if a member of their family got sick I highly doubt their love for them would change also.

I don't think she meant that short hair was manly. She was just saying that for some men like her SO thinks that longer hair is more feminine, which in part I agree. Doesn't mean that I think anyone with short hair is masculine. For my aunt has a TWA and she looks beautiful and feminine like that.

I didn't get upset. I was just diagreeing what the stuff her boyfriend was saying. It's okay to "debate."

SweetCaramel1

yes i noticed much more attention when wearing my hair down. but after awhile i thought about it and wondered if it was my own interpretation of beauty that made me "feel" better and sexier which in turn provoked more stares and attention :look: :lol:

Mestiza

TSUprincess04 said:

You are reading too much into what he said! He said that long hair is beautiful and feminine and to most folks it is!

As far as anything happening to my hair, trust me, it wouldn't matter to him one bit. In fact, he has told me that if my hair is ever short, I would still be the same person, but w/ shorter hair and that is correct. He is far from being shallow. He's a sweetheart! He gets too jealous, sometimes, but he's still a great guy.

Last edited:

Mestiza

MizAvalon said:
Having shorter hair does not mean that you are masculine. Halle Berry wore her hair short for years and she is as feminine as can be. Long hair however, is a SYMBOL of femininity. Just like high heels and cleavage are aslo SYMBOLS of femininity. Femininity itself is a state of being, a way of carrying yourself. All the glamming up in the world won't make an unfeminine woman, feminine. Take a tomboy, dress her up and put makeup on her and she is automatically feminine? No, she's just a tomboy in a dress.

If you are feminine, then that will shine through your actions and the way you carry and present yourself. Short hair or not.:)

MizaniMami said:
Hey TSU,

Denim And Leather said:
You're right, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and tastes, but I think you're getting way too offended, and to use the cancer example and calling someone shallow because of their preference, when you don't know the person wasn't neccessary IMHO. I don't think anyone was saying that shorter hair is masculine, it's like what Mz. Avalon said, it's a symbol of femininity. A woman can have short hair and still be very feminine (Halle Berry is a great example.) :)

My hair is not quite "long" yet, and I consider myself to be quite feminine. :)

You all hit the nail on the head w/ your posts! :clap:

Short hair does NOT automatically make a woman look masculine and long hair does NOT automatically make a woman look feminine.

CurleeDST

A long time ago a girlfriend of mine and I were walking downtown Atlanta with our boyfriends following a few feet behind us. We BOTH wore our hair extremely short (boy barber cut short and natural).

These guys came past us and were trying to holla and when we "dissed" them they immediately called us lesbians. That happened again 3 years later while living in DC. THis guy was trying to holla at me and I "dissed" him and so he resulted to calling me a lesbian again.

I do know for a FACT many men find short hair on women sexy and find the women exude confidence. When I would get a fresh cut I would walk through a club and it never failed..at least ONE set of hands would touch the back of my head and slide down to my neck b/c they loved the way it looked and found the short hair sexy.

In the end I think it is how the woman carries herself. Look at Kelis - she just cut her hair off and many men find her sexy as all get out.

Mestiza said:
You all hit the nail on the head w/ your posts! :clap:

Short hair does NOT automatically make a woman look masculine and long hair does NOT automatically make a woman look feminine.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
Okay, this is the 2nd time that I've been in the midst of some confusion, and I don't like being attacked :lol: I was just going by what her SO said "long hair is beautiful and feminine and that's what men like unless they're not into women." The "unless they're not into women" part had me kinda confused because it seems that he was saying that if a guy doesn't like long hair, then he must not be into women. That's the part I disagreed with. If he meant something else by it, then please explain.

Anyway, I'm gonna just leave it alone because I don't want this going any further than it has to, and I hate arguing. I was just stating why I disagreed with him, that's all.

Wishin4BSL

iiBlackBarbieii said:
:lol: I was thinking up something similar. In part because yesterday I asked my boyfriend what length of hair he considered long. He said, "I don't even care about length, just as long as it's real":lol: He obviously didn't answer my question but I thought his response was intriguing. If a girl is hot, she's hot, long hair or not:)

This is the EXACT same thing my SO says! But he sure does smile and compliment me on my hair when I wear it down, saying "Your hair is getting so LONG! I can't wait until it's BSL!" (yeah, he know the LHCF lingo)

Mestiza

CurleeDST said:
A long time ago a girlfriend of mine and I were walking downtown Atlanta with our boyfriends following a few feet behind us. We BOTH wore our hair extremely short (boy barber cut short and natural).

These guys came past us and were trying to holla and when we "dissed" them they immediately called us lesbians. That happened again 3 years later while living in DC. THis guy was trying to holla at me and I "dissed" him and so he resulted to calling me a lesbian again.

I do know for a FACT many men find short hair on women sexy and find the women exude confidence. When I would get a fresh cut I would walk through a club and it never failed..at least ONE set of hands would touch the back of my head and slide down to my neck b/c they loved the way it looked and found the short hair sexy.

In the end I think it is how the woman carries herself. Look at Kelis - she just cut her hair off and many men find her sexy as all get out.

Short hair can definitely be sexy! :yep: It sounds as though those guys said that b/c they felt rejected. If they really thought that, then they wouldn't have tried to talk to you in the first place.

CurleeDST

Oh yeah most definitely. That was just the first thing they could think of they felt would be hurtful.

Mestiza said:
Short hair can definitely be sexy! :yep: It sounds as though those guys said that b/c they felt rejected. If they really thought that, then they wouldn't have tried to talk to you in the first place.

Mestiza

TSUprincess04 said:
Okay, this is the 2nd time that I've been in the midst of some confusion, and I don't like being attacked :lol: I was just going by what her SO said "long hair is beautiful and feminine and that's what men like unless they're not into women." The "unless they're not into women" part had me kinda confused because it seems that he was saying that if a guy doesn't like long hair, then he must not be into women. That's the part I disagreed with. If he meant something else by it, then please explain.

Anyway, I'm gonna just leave it alone because I don't want this going any further than it has to, and I hate arguing. I was just stating why I disagreed with him, that's all.

I don't see anyone attacking you! :nono: I have posted enough regarding that matter and I will not ask him to discuss it any further.

You never have to worry about me arguing w/ someone, especially, on the internet. That accomplishes absolutely nothing and is a huge waste of time. I'm not here for that. I respect everyone's right to their own opinion w/o ill feelings. I come in peace!