Men who love women with hair

CityGirl

Ladies,

Why is it that men love women with long hair? Have any of you noticed the extra attention you get when you wear your hair out, or when your hair is blowing in the wind beind you? Why do you think men go :eek: over women who have long hair? I'm curious about what you ladies think.

Long, Healthy hair to all.

PaperClip

Interesting thread 'cause this has been on my mind this week.... Overall, I'm wondering if the long hair phenomenon is (whisper) racial.... Here's my theory....

I've worn my hair out this week (no add-ons). White men have stared at me... almost mesmerized (if I may say so myself! ;) :lol:) Seriously though.... my brothas? Mmm...not so much....

Even tonight... I'm having the BEST NATURAL HAIR DAY of my life (pics forthcoming!). Went to a reception at my undergraduate school, which is in a major urban area. Some of the guys I hadn't seen in a long time. The guys in the reception were not as, how can I say...enthusiastic. At one point, I wondered for a minute that maybe they didn't recognize me. So, based on these observations... well, I think Black men specifically have been conditioned to like straight hair, the longer, the better.

To answer the OP's question, I think men in general like longer hair because it is a sign of health and fertility. They may not necessarily articulate that way, but it is a subconscious part of the natural mating process...to procreate.

Mocha Princess

Ok, why was I trippin about this earlier also!! :lol: I think it's so funny that you mentioned that because I was just thinking about that today. I hate to say this but, it seems like my bf gives me a whole lot of extra attention when my hair is wild and bushy after washing and DC. Today, while I was walking around with CONDITIONER in my hair, he was like, "baby, your hair looks really nice," and I'm like, "babe, I only have conditioner in my hair, what's so nice about it?" Let me tell you I was rollin!! :lachen: I also notice that he wants to bug me while I'm doin my hair and insists on touching and admiring it all the time, it's cute and really funny though. I was thinking to myself that men must get kind of excited by beautiful hair or somethin. Maybe it's a human response to something naturally beautiful that people just can't really explain or put their finger on it. :)

caribeandiva

Human being
OMG.. I WAS ABOUT TO POST THE EXACT SAME TOPIC EARLIER TODAY!! weird. anyways, i think men just like what's different (a black girl with naturally long hair is definetely different). they love long hair same reason women do: It looks healthy and sexy.

Last edited:

neonbright

High heels men love, big boxxs men love, and long hair men love.

One word 3 letters and the word starts with a S.

MizaniMami

I don't think it's anything racial at all.

I do think it's sexual though :lol: .

Most men just want something to run their fingers through.

MizaniMami

neonbright said:

We posted at the same time. I totally agree.

Mestiza

I haven't met a man yet who doesn't love long hair. I asked my SO about it and he said that long hair is beautiful and feminine and that's what men like unless they're not into women.

glamazon386

Long beautiful hair is associated with femininity. I don't think it's racial. All races like long hair. I think it's just overemphasized in the Black community because it's a rarity.

Naijaqueen

yup all men love long hair, I know when mysef and female friends have cut our hair in the past, the guys areound us complained. I think I prob get more looks now with my hair being a lil longer than 3yrs ago when I cut it all off. Maybe its sexual, wanting to run their hands thru the woman's hair???

Ms_Twana

I thought I was going to have to vent about this the other day. I attempted to BC this past weekend (I didn't get far at all). And my husband just freaked out about me cutting my hair. We debated all day long on how short hair is for men, females are prettier with long hair, we're SUPPOSED to have long hair. I mean, it was a never ending fight with him. Needless to say, I was soo confused about doing the BC because the last thing that I want is for my husband to see me as unattractive!!!! :eek:

He even went as far as to ask me what I was going to do when we had a special engagement (ex: my 10 year reunion). I couldn't believe it. It was if I should be hiding something that I'm ashamed of. So I told him that I would compromise and cut my hair, but do sew-ins or braid/twist extensions until I could wear a nice afro puff. I'm only 3 months post, so my hair would have been really short.

It was just really frustrating that he was not supporting my journey to get to know ME, simply because my hair wouldn't be as long. But in the end, I ended up getting scared when I saw how short my hair was going to be, and I stopped cutting. That's the reason I said I didn't get far in the beginning.

ladybug71

Mestiza said:
I haven't met a man yet who doesn't love long hair. I asked my SO about it and he said that long hair is beautiful and feminine and that's what men like unless they're not into women.

I totally agree.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I don't know what it is about men loving women with long hair. A couple months ago I told a guy friend that I was gonna go natural one day; he thought I was crazy! He told me that straight hair is better for me because I'm light-skinned :confused:. That led me to believe that although the reasoning may not be completely racial, a little of it actually is.

On the other hand, my boyfriend told me that he just prefers healthy hair. He actually doesn't think that Black women need chemicals in their hair; he thinks natural hair is fine too. He likes all hair, healthy hair (excluding ghetto hairstyles and some weaves).

Oh yeah, I don't agree with the comment made by Mestiza's SO. It's not fair to say that if a man doesn't like long hair then he doesn't like women. That's just implying that the man is gay. Sorry, but he can't speak for all men in this situation.

Last edited:

Trini"T"

caribeandiva said:
OMG.. I WAS ABOUT TO POST THE EXACT SAME TOPIC EARLIER TODAY!! weird. anyways, i think men just like what's different (a black girl with naturally long hair is definetely different). they love long hair same reason women do: It looks healthy and sexy.
:lol: I was thinking up something similar. In part because yesterday I asked my boyfriend what length of hair he considered long. He said, "I don't even care about length, just as long as it's real":lol: He obviously didn't answer my question but I thought his response was intriguing. If a girl is hot, she's hot, long hair or not:)

hairmaster

Long hair is sexual, in all races. woman know if she gets mad at her man all she has to do is cut her hair and that man is gone. Think about it how man have you have done that cut their hair after having a fight or broke up with a man.. Also ever noticed a female beautician will not let you have longer hair than her.

Country gal

It's not only men, women love long hair too. Members with long hair gets lots of love when they show their album. I think it is the feminity concept.

Trini"T"

TSUprincess04 said:
I don't know what it is about men loving women with long hair. A couple months ago I told a guy friend that I was gonna go natural one day; he thought I was crazy! He told me that straight hair is better for me because I'm light-skinned :confused:. That led me to believe that although the reasoning may not be completely racial, a little of it actually is.

On the other hand, my boyfriend told me that he just prefers healthy hair. He actually doesn't think that Black women need chemicals in their hair; he thinks natural hair is fine too. He likes all hair, healthy hair (excluding ghetto hairstyles and some weaves).

Oh yeah, I don't agree with the comment made by Mestiza's SO. It's not fair to say that if a man doesn't like long hair then he doesn't like women. That's just implying that the man is gay. Sorry, but he can't speak for all men in this situation.
:lol: For real. When we're talking about looks I know my boyfriend is not going to out with a girl he thinks is ugly just because she has long hair. In terms of looks, he's more interested in face and body. To my boyfriend almost everyone has long hair anyway because he said after that he considered anything past shoulder length:lol:

Lucia

hairmaster said:
Long hair is sexual, in all races. woman know if she gets mad at her man all she has to do is cut her hair and that man is gone. Think about it how man have you have done that cut their hair after having a fight or broke up with a man.. Also ever noticed a female beautician will not let you have longer hair than her.
That's too true, also if they're a gay

Tee

RelaxerRehab said:
Interesting thread 'cause this has been on my mind this week.... Overall, I'm wondering if the long hair phenomenon is (whisper) racial.... Here's my theory....

I've worn my hair out this week (no add-ons). White men have stared at me... almost mesmerized (if I may say so myself! ;) :lol:) Seriously though.... my brothas? Mmm...not so much....

Even tonight... I'm having the BEST NATURAL HAIR DAY of my life (pics forthcoming!). Went to a reception at my undergraduate school, which is in a major urban area. Some of the guys I hadn't seen in a long time. The guys in the reception were not as, how can I say...enthusiastic. At one point, I wondered for a minute that maybe they didn't recognize me. So, based on these observations... well, I think Black men specifically have been conditioned to like straight hair, the longer, the better.

To answer the OP's question, I think men in general like longer hair because it is a sign of health and fertility. They may not necessarily articulate that way, but it is a subconscious part of the natural mating process...to procreate.

Yes, I think it's very sexy to them.

RelaxRehab...I have to agree with you on your post. Seems like white men LOVE natural hair or any hair style that is different and shows texture. (not talking about the ghetto styles) I get sooo many white men googling over my hair when it's not straight. I guess they are use to seeing Becky and Sally Sue with the long straight hair.

plove

When you are having the 3 letter word that start with S.
don't you and your man love when your hair fall in your face and your man have to move it out of the way. Or when your kissing and your man have to move you hair out the way. I think it's so sexy and i know my man LOVES it.

Ms_Twana

Country gal said:
It's not only men, women love long hair too. Members with long hair gets lots of love when they show their album. I think it is the feminity concept.

Yeah, that's true!!!

Mestiza

TSUprincess04 said:

I'll talk to him about that on tomorrow.

ETA:

I asked him about it and he said, "What gay man would want a beautiful and feminine woman?"

Last edited:

Mestiza

iiBlackBarbieii said:
:lol: For real. When we're talking about looks I know my boyfriend is not going to out with a girl he thinks is ugly just because she has long hair. In terms of looks, he's more interested in face and body. To my boyfriend almost everyone has long hair anyway because he said after that he considered anything past shoulder length:lol:
TSUprincess04 said:

My SO has something in common w/ your bf. He loves beauty and long hair, too.

Mestiza

hairmaster said:
I sure have! :yep: They complain about your hair being too long and then, want to cut it super short. I do my own hair, now, and don't have to deal w/ that.

Dogmd

My husband loves my hair when it is down.. he begs me to wear it out often. He says he fell in love with my hair when he met me and loved it from the moment he saw it and touched it. Before I got married...I would hardly ever get noticed if I wore my hair up or in a hat. I always got noticed by both white and black men when I wore my hair down though.

My chinese doctor says that the hair on your head signifies your health in her country. She says chinese men can tell right away if you are healthy by the condition and length of your hair. The longer and healthier it is the more feminine and fertile you are suppose to be. Go figure!

felicia

Mestiza said:

same here. mine said short hair is too manly.

Last edited:

mahoganee

neonbright said:

:lol: So true! Some male friends and I had this conversation a while back and this was the conclusion. We were at work at the time and you have to watch what you say or you'll be written up so it was funny how we wording our answers.

remnant

RelaxerRehab said:

I agree with all you said!