• Yes

Votes: 79 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 42 22.8%
  • The Same

Votes: 63 34.2%

• Total voters

DaDragonPrincess

Do You Think Men Hair Grow Faster Than Women?

Ok I just got this ideal for a good topic from another topic "Dirt Makes Your Hair Grow".

Do you ladies think men hair grow faster then us women?

I would love it if yall comment with your opinions ,please.

My opinion, I think "Yes", because my brother,dad,and cousins hair grow so fast, they use less stuff in there hair, they don't wash there hair as much as women.

:yep:

Last edited:
I don't think it that their hair grows faster I think they just retain more hair than most women. The typical male (meaning of the males I know) just rinses his hair with water as he showers, combs a little grease in it and goes about his day I think all that low manipulation is what makes them appear to grow faster

I think their hair does grow faster because of their testosterone - the same thing that makes them generally more hairy, period. :look:
I'm not that unhappy with my growth rate. :lachen:

i think there hair grows very well because they do very little to it and they dont have to deal with these hormone issues we have.

No, I dont think so. They just dont use hot irons, perms, grease, toxic chemicals, less manipulation etc etc to their hair and scalp so they're able to retain more hair. keep it healthy, natural. But who really knows

No, I dont think so. They just dont use hot irons, perms, grease, toxic chemicals, less manipulation etc etc to their hair and scalp so they're able to retain more hair. keep it healthy, natural. But who really knows

You got a point,because if we did that also our growth would be the same. I use to think that my hair grow slow,but it was all in my head, I found that my hair grow fast, especially if you do the right things to your hair .

Ok I just got this ideal for a good topic from another topic "Dirt Makes Your Hair Grow".

Do you ladies think men hair grow faster then us women?

I would love it if yall comment with your opinions ,please.

My opinion, I think "Yes", because my brother,dad,and cousins hair grow so fast, they use less stuff in there hair, they don't wash there hair as much as women.

:yep:

No their hair doesnt grow faster, they just dont manipulate it, relax it, blow dry it, flat iron, gel it down, twirl it around their fingers, clip split ends, etc like women do.

LOL! We think alike. :yep: I didnt even read this before I posted my response. :ohwell:

Hrrmmmm.....

Androgens have been shown to increase the size of the hair follicle, the diameter of the hair fiber, and the proportion of time that terminal hairs spend in anagen (3).

Androgen is the generic term for any natural or synthetic compound, usually a steroid hormone, that stimulates or controls the development and maintenance of masculine characteristics in vertebrates by binding to androgen receptors.
The primary and most well-known androgen is testosterone. But, estrogen is also an androgen.

For human scalp hair, topical E2 (estrogens (17-beta-estradiol)) has long been used in the management of telogen effluvium and androgenetic alopecia, especially in women (Wüstner and Orfanos, 1974;Schuhmacher-Stock, 1981;Sterry and Paus, 2000). Even though this remains to be unequivocally proven in vivo, it is felt that E2 inhibits hair shaft formation, thus lowering the rate of hair growth, i.e., how much new hair shaft is generated by the anagen hair bulb per time unit, yet prolongs anagen duration, thus decreasing the telogen rate (Schuhmacher-Stock, 1981;Sinclair et al, 1999). This would help to explain the clinical observation that topical E2 or high systemic E2 levels during estrogen-based contraception and during pregnancy increase the telogen/anagen ratio, thus notably improving a pre-existing telogen effluvium, while causing a telogen effluvium postpartum supposedly due to E2 withdrawal (Lynfield, 1960;Barman et al, 1969;Ebling et al, 1991).

And if I'm reading that right, it's saying that estrogen makes our hair grow slower, but grow for a longer period of time.

So yeah, based on that - their hair grows faster, on average, but our hair has the potential to get longer.

Random interesting nugget:

Human scalp hair normally grows at a rate of 0.4 mm /day (incidentally human scalp hair grow at a rate four times that of human nails. Human nails grow at a rate of 0.1 mm/day).

Four times faster!?!?!?!?! My nails grow SO much faster than my hair does!

Actually, according to scientific research, adult women have the fastest growing hair. Women's hair grows faster than men, and adult hair grows faster than children's hair.

Hrrmmmm.....

And if I'm reading that right, it's saying that estrogen makes our hair grow slower, but grow for a longer period of time.

So yeah, based on that - their hair grows faster, on average, but our hair has the potential to get longer.

Random interesting nugget:

Human scalp hair normally grows at a rate of 0.4 mm /day (incidentally human scalp hair grow at a rate four times that of human nails. Human nails grow at a rate of 0.1 mm/day).

Four times faster!?!?!?!?! My nails grow SO much faster than my hair does!

Hmmm, that's interesting. I'm so confused now. I've heard over and over again that women's hair grows faster. I wonder if that's one of those things that you have to dig deeper to find out what they truly mean by it. This seems pretty thorough, so... yeah...?:perplexed

IMO, yes, because one major factor, that I'm surprise no one listed, THEY ARE NOT STRESSED OUT........and along with the others, no heat, no serious styling, just some water and a ponytail.......but one thing I notice, men tend not to be stressed out, and I did a research on anxiety-women have a greater risk of a mood disorder, and believe it or not, that can affect your hair growing......because it can contribute to stress......I'm not a MD, but I have been studying....stress can be a big factor in growing hair......that's why I try not to let anything or anyone get to me....cuz I'm easily stressed, and my hair does not like stress.

I dont think they have a faster growth rate, i think they retain better because they don't fuss over their hair the way we do. They don't touch it unless they have to.

IMO, yes, because one major factor, that I'm surprise no one listed, THEY ARE NOT STRESSED OUT........and along with the others, no heat, no serious styling, just some water and a ponytail.......but one thing I notice, men tend not to be stressed out, and I did a research on anxiety-women have a greater risk of a mood disorder, and believe it or not, that can affect your hair growing......because it can contribute to stress......I'm not a MD, but I have been studying....stress can be a big factor in growing hair......that's why I try not to let anything or anyone get to me....cuz I'm easily stressed, and my hair does not like stress.

Yep, that too. Men don't stress nearly as much as women do.

I have to agree, Men dont manipulate their hair much, no flat irons and the works, and most of them are natural, don't color their hair, less chemicals.

I do not have the answer, however, I have a son, who once grew his hair very quickly to mid back! His hair has always grown very quickly, even as a child; I had to have his hair cut and touched up with razors to keep his cut looking fresh because it grew that fast! Now, as an adult he wears it low, but he still has to cut it weekly.

I don't think so. The last scientific study I was reading on hair growth reported no significant difference between male and female hair growth except in Asians where men may have had a slight lead. But not in Africans and Europeans. They do less to their hair and so retain it better.

The reference is in this post, feel free to check it out for yourselves.

Last edited:
Dh had a low ceasers cut in the summer and is growing some locks in now. His hair is really catching up with mine:ohwell:.He is natural and he has the most prettiest, blackest, shiniest hair I have ever seen:wallbash:. It grows quick! I am here struggling for length, he just moving on past me:perplexed.

Wow its a good amount of votes up there, thanks yall for posting and sharing yall thoughts on the topic. :drunk: I thought it would be a good topic, because I have heard women talk about this over the years.

I think their hair seems to grow fast because they don't do much with it. My hubby just poos and brush his hair in place. He cuts his hair low every month and it grows back very fast. I don't think my hair grows slower, shrinkage just makes it look that way.:rolleyes:

I believe men's hair does grow faster. Its all because of the testosterone that men produce that results in the faster hair growth. A man can shave the hair off his face and it will pop back up in a couple of days, if not the same day :ohwell:.

I believe men's hair does grow faster. Its all because of the testosterone that men produce that results in the faster hair growth. A man can shave the hair off his face and it will pop back up in a couple of days, if not the same day :ohwell:.

So does a ladies leg hair.Some men grow facial hair fast and some struggle to grow a beard..the same way that I have to shave often and my sister rarely has to shave her legs.

So does a ladies leg hair.Some men grow facial hair fast and some struggle to grow a beard..the same way that I have to shave often and my sister rarely has to shave her legs.

OMG thats the truth :lachen:, I just shaved my legs a week ago, now I feel lil spikes of hair coming back in,lol. :lachen: Whats up with that? haha

Back