Men and relaxers, What do you think about them?

na -huh.. NO WAY, can't do it, can't have it.

Men with relaxers

nope I won't look.

I can't take it.

I think they look terrible. It should not even happen.

Ayeshia said:
Funny thing is Kat Williams is the only man I have tolerated with relaxed hair :ohwell: Maybe because its not long and actually looks healthy? who knows? :lol:

I think it's because one does not expect such manliness from him.... He's really petite and even his facial features are...um...how can I say... "delicate"....

anky said:
Sorry kids, Prince is the only one that can pull it off.

I prefer a faded/ceasar man.

Me 2! I don't mind if a guy texturizes his hair though to get more waves. But that is on short hair. I dont know about guys with shoulder length and beyond doing it; I would imagine it would look jheri curl-ish

MissFallon said:
Lately I've seen a couple of men with relaxed hair and wondered what other women thought about it. I think its a little strange but if women do it why can't men? Although I probably wouldn't date someone with relaxed hair.

What do you think about men who rock relaxed hair and styles?

Well actually relaxers began with the brothers years ago. (Think Malcom X time) and a little earlier during those Swing/Big Band days. Then it transfered to the women.

To me, it looks too feminine. In my opinion I think it takes away from the brothers masculinity.:look:

tsiporah said:
Well actually relaxers began with the brothers years ago. (Think Malcom X time) and a little earlier during those Swing/Big Band days. Then it transfered to the women.

To me, it looks too feminine. In my opinion I think it takes away from the brothers masculinity.:look:

Actually, it goes farther back than Malcolm X.... Cab Calloway? Nat King Cole? Maybe the use of relaxers by men was a signal of socioeconomic status. Women will sacrifice food and clothes to maintain hair their hair. (Ok, SOME women will....)

calloway_cab.jpg

natcole.jpg

MissFallon said:
Lately I've seen a couple of men with relaxed hair and wondered what other women thought about it. I think its a little strange but if women do it why can't men? Although I probably wouldn't date someone with relaxed hair.

What do you think about men who rock relaxed hair and styles?

One word... WHY? :perplexed

The first time I saw a bone straight perm on a man was when I visited the West Coast because it's not that common in NYC IMHO..........The rollersets looked good but I wouldn't be able to deal with it.

The relaxed look on men is too pimp for me (Prince and Andre3000 excluded). I like to see a man with short, neat hair -- a fade or a cesear -- that is natural.

Basically if you aren't famous, it's not cute. I don't wanna see joe from around the way walkin around with a rollerset.

I like men w/ straight hair. I just like long hair on men period though, weather it's relaxed, pressed or natural....as long as it's long and looks good on them I find it sexy. I love Katt Williams w/ his little bob he got going on.....with his little sexy self. Oh, and Prince and Andre 3000 *faint*.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! There is NOTHING I hate more than seeing a guy with relaxed hair.

If he's just got naturally silky loosely curled hair then that's cool, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't relax your hair brothers. I HAAAAAAAAAAATE That.

Chayil

MissFallon said:
I agree that a man should not spend more time than me on their hair. Also it irks me most of the time when I see a man with shirley temple curls fresh from the beauty salon.

Girl, I had to check out where you live, I didn't think the East coast "men" was swinging like that.

My answer to the question is HELL NAW, once you okay with the beauty parlor hair, then he gonna want to wear eyeliner and long fingernails.

note to self:
Add, men with perms to the "creep me out" post.

I've never known a man with relaxed hair.:look:

I love long hair on men as well as woman, my own DH has relatively long hair for a man (he's a little past armpit length). But if he started walking around with a head full of rollers and making appointments at the beauty salon, yeah, I'd have a problem with that!:lachen:

I'm not into pretty boys. It would be way too hard for me to take a man (who wasn't a drag queen) seriously if he had a head full of artificial shirley temple curls, a satin scarf wrapped around his head, or rollers on his hair. I wouldn't be able to stop smirking and laughing when I caught a glimpse:ohwell: :lachen:

this is for ordinary everyday men. :barf:

The only man who looks decent in a perm has been Snoop. But I still wouldn't give him the time of day.:nono:

Back