LONG & STRONG from the INSIDE OUT CHALLENGE!!!!

Hey Newbie Sis! I'm in!:yep:

I'm already good with everything except exercise (although I am a paid gym member).

Last edited:
Hey Sis, Welcome to the challenge. I know, I really need get workin out my self. I was thinking about gym membership, but I always end up wasting my money. I really want to get hip hop abs, It seems like so much fun. :yep:
Hey Newbie Sis! I'm in!:yep:

I'm already good with everything except exercise (although I am a paid gym member).

3-4 hrs of sleep! Girl, you need to join this challenge! Try to get at least 6 hrs. I know you can do it.:yep:
OOOh this is a great challenge. I am trying so hard not to join. I don't want to commit to anything I'm not too sure I can do. I don't take vitamins and I usually don't get more than 3-4 hrs of sleep daily- I know shame on me. :nono:

But maybe this challenge will help me get on right foot........

Oh thats fine, this challenge is adaptable, so you can make it work for you. The foods I listed before where just suggestions. I am doing the nine day fruit and veggie detox next week, so I wont be eating any meat myself. Just wondering, what is your protein source?
I'm in. But I am a vegetarian so it will be a bit different.

Oh yeah, you should defenitely start DCing. I just started using Silk Elements Mega Cholesterol, I like it alot. Try joing the DC challenge. If you dont want to join it may be helpful to check out the thread and see what the ladies are using.HTH

Only when I go to the salon which is probably one once every 9 months she deep condition sad I know, I don't know any type of products thats best for me...I see other people regimen but I'm scared it might not work or mess up my hair more you know...

Hey, Jassy, hun!!! I'm in. I have a lot of work to do, but the challenge and being accountable will help me!!!:yep:

Thanks I'll keep that one in mind, I think I'm goin to start doin dc at the end of this month...But I can't find that thread for the challenge, I looked in the 2008 challenge thread, it said it was a typing error in the address..

Oh yeah, you should defenitely start DCing. I just started using Silk Elements Mega Cholesterol, I like it alot. Try joing the DC challenge. If you dont want to join it may be helpful to check out the thread and see what the ladies are using.HTH

I really want to join this challenge but I'm broke, I can't buy healthy food!

I'm joining for now, but my diet will not be up to par :ohwell:
I'll fix it when I get paid.

count me in!! I just had a little baby girl on March 8th, so I really need this challenge. Ive already started to eliminate sugars and white flour from my diet. Im also co washing and DCing weekly.

OK, here is where I am starting! I will check in next weekend to let you know how I did on the following:grin::

1. 64+oz water/day
2. 6-8 hrs sleep/night
3. Take vitimins daily
4. Exercise 3-4x/wk
5. Increase protein
6. Eiminate or greatly reduce foods on no no list
7. Eat lots of veggies

Attachments

• 100_5050 com.JPG
    100_5050 com.JPG
    11.5 KB · Views: 4
Hey Ladies, I am so excited to get started. I will also be starting the Can You Hang For Nine Days fruit and veggie detox challenge on Wed. So its pretty much fruit, veggies, beans and No meat. So... for nine day I wont be eating meat but until then and after the 9 day challenge, I will be eating chicken and fish.

My Reggie:
1. 64+oz water/day
2. 6-8 hrs sleep/night- My bed time is 10pm
3. Take vitimins daily -multi, Hair, Skin and Nail, B-complex
4. Exercise 3-4x/wk-I think I and going to ordor hip hop abs from amazon.com
5. Increase protein-fish, chicken, and beans
6. Eiminate or greatly reduce foods on no no list
7. Eat lots of veggies

Here's my plan:

1. 2 Litres water daily :fat:
2. 6-8 hrs sleep/night - In bed by 10 up @ 5 :sleeping:
3. Finish up vitamins (Biotin, multi, EPO) - :bouncegre
4. Exercise 3-4x/wkly (Callanetics, Pilates, Abdonda) - :walking:
5. Increase protein -fish, chicken, and beans - :strong:
6. No white flour or white rice, reduce white sugar to 1x p/wk - :naughty:

7. 3 veggies daily (min.) - :dinnertime:

Hey Ladies!

For those of you that need vitamins CVS has them by one get one free. I think walgreens does as well.

Hair_Dry327-vi.jpg

-64+ oz. of water daily.
-8 hours of sleep : 1am - 9am
-Vitamins: One-A-Day Women's Multivitamin, 2.5 MG of Biotin (Going to incorporate MSM later this week)
-1 hr of cardio M, W, F; Strength training T, TH
-Pink Salmon, White Albacore Tuna, & Pollock Fish, Chicken, & Eggs for protein. Wheat bread, Brown rice, Multigrain Cereal, Fresh fruits & Vegetables. Keeping pure sugar intake to under 2 Tbs (only bcuz I need it on my grapefruit & grits, will switch to sweetners when sugar runs out). Drinking 1 cup of Green Tea a week.

How did I miss this one......I'm doing most of this already....trying to firm up for summer.....I want in....I'll start off doing all listed below....

o take the internal approach to hair growth we need:
  • water: 64+ oz/day
  • Protein: fish, eggs, yogurt and bean are some good ones
  • Fruits & Veggies: green and yellow are a good source of beta carotene.
  • Vitamins: multi., hair skin nails, biotin
  • Exercise: At least 3x/wk f/ 20-30 min. This improves circulation, which promotes hair growth.
  • Rest: 6-8 hours of sleep each night. Try to keep a consistant sleep schedule. Proper sleep also reduces stress, which hinders growth.
No-No's for hair growth:
  • Caffine: try to stick to no more than 1 cup/day.
  • Sugar
  • nicotine
  • Alcohol
  • junk food
  • fast food
  • Diets hight in trans fat retard hair growth.

Oh YEAH I'm in!!!!

I just began my Hair Journey barely a month ago so u can say I'm off to a good start with this one. Fortunately for me I've been going most of these for some time now - trying to drop some pounds - so this should be easy.

My Reggie:
1. 2 liters of water/day

2. 6 hrs sleep/night (weekdays) - 8hrs on weekends.

3. Take vitimins daily -GNC Womens Ultra, Biotin, MSM, Flax Seed

4. Exercise 4x/wk- Yoga and Belly Dance

5. Increase protein-fish, my yogourt smoothies with whey protein, some chicken

6. Greatly reduce foods on no no list

7. Continue eating lots of fruits & veggies

My before pic in my siggy - after pic coming in June.

I really need to do this, not just for the hair benefits. If I can get 10 more lbs. off, I can get off this crazy medication I'm taking to reduce fluid in my skull and on my spine which has caused some eye damage. The things I really need to focus on are pretty much everything listed :grin: but especially the exercise! I'm not good at taking pills either. My desire is to commit to:

Exercising 30 mins 3-4 x's/wk
At least 64 oz. H2O
NO MORE COFFEE :nono: (caffeine causes a build-up of fluid in your cranium)
1 multiple vitamin (undecided on which yet)
1 glass of wine only on occassion
Increase veggie consumption
More fish, less chicken
Breakfast EVERY morning

Hey ladies, and welcome to all that have just joined. My first day 2 days are going pretty well. I have to work on the water however. I have found that I am just not drinking enough of anything. It takes me forever to finish a bottle of water, guess Im gonna have to start chugging it. Last night i had salmon. I really like fish, but how much is ok. Is it safe to eat everyday? TIA

water: 64+ oz/day
Protein: fish, eggs, yogurt and bean are some good ones
Fruits & Veggies: green and yellow are a good source of beta carotene.
Vitamins: multi., hair skin nails, biotin
Exercise: At least 3x/wk f/ 20-30 min. This improves circulation, which promotes hair growth.
Rest: 6-8 hours of sleep each night. Try to keep a consistant sleep schedule. Proper sleep also reduces stress, which hinders growth.
I am starting today. Unfortunately I cooked rice for dinner last night:wallbash:.
I am waiting on my Phytophanere to come in that I ordered last week. I am going to give up candy and cake :lick:and start exercising 3x per week.

Good Luck everyone

Hey ladies, and welcome to all that have just joined. My first day 2 days are going pretty well. I have to work on the water however. I have found that I am just not drinking enough of anything. It takes me forever to finish a bottle of water, guess Im gonna have to start chugging it. Last night i had salmon. I really like fish, but how much is ok. Is it safe to eat everyday? TIA

I'm going to see if I can find the article again, but it listed certain types of fish that weren't good to consume in large quantities based on the mercury level. I know certain types of tuna are on the list, but I can't remember what else. I'll do some diggin when I get home. I've found that I start to feel sick if I don't get enough water, I get nauseated, headache, back aches, and just an overall strange feeling. Try drinking your water with a straw to see if that'll help you get it down faster.

water: 64+ oz/day
Protein: fish, eggs, yogurt and bean are some good ones
Fruits & Veggies: green and yellow are a good source of beta carotene.
Vitamins: multi., hair skin nails, biotin
Exercise: At least 3x/wk f/ 20-30 min. This improves circulation, which promotes hair growth.
Rest: 6-8 hours of sleep each night. Try to keep a consistant sleep schedule. Proper sleep also reduces stress, which hinders growth.
I am starting today. Unfortunately I cooked rice for dinner last night:wallbash:.
I am waiting on my Phytophanere to come in that I ordered last week. I am going to give up candy and cake :lick:and start exercising 3x per week.

Good Luck everyone

I cooked a big pot of rice and beans last night too along w/some oxtails and plantains...I still have meat, rice and beans left over. I hate to waste good food :lick:

My first two days are kinda average. I am doing well on the water and eating, but haven't exercised yet. I am also taking my One a Day vitamin and getting about 6 hours sleep on average. I would like to bump that up to 8 hours, but we will see. I been drinking green tea in the morning and it's invigorating for me!:yep: I don't do coffee, so I am OK there.

Thanx Eisani, I know salmon and talapia are low in mercury, but I am still concerned that it maybe harmful if eaten daily or even 5 days out of the week. I heard that it should only be eaten 2x per wk. Hmm...I dunno, I will have to find out.
I have been a little better with the water today. I just made sure I finished 2 bottles before I left the house today. I will do the same with my meals, I will make sure that I am finishing a full bottle with each. The straw idea sounds good, I will try that. Thanx again.

I'm going to see if I can find the article again, but it listed certain types of fish that weren't good to consume in large quantities based on the mercury level. I know certain types of tuna are on the list, but I can't remember what else. I'll do some diggin when I get home. I've found that I start to feel sick if I don't get enough water, I get nauseated, headache, back aches, and just an overall strange feeling. Try drinking your water with a straw to see if that'll help you get it down faster.

Hey Ladies! Just checking in. I have been doing well with ecerything but exercise. I really have to find a work out that I will enjoy.
How is everyone else doing?

Back