Keshia Knight is a liar

Status
Not open for further replies.

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
hey girl , we were close, but your hair is/was looser than mine, but now we are definitely not as close, back when u found me my hair was heat trained and I didn't know it. Check out my hair lately , gurrrl , nothing like it used to be w/waves and stuff. well it waves/curls up w/product still, but I have NO hang-age anymore, no waves with just conditioner on loose hair anymore, not until its all combed through and stuff:spinning: but does not hang down my back like before, just big and bigger hair now:lol:

my hair now has tighter curls with and without product, although different in each state

Gotcha. I've probably got some heat damage though. I only straighten once or twice a year but I think it still happened. Also, my hair has thinned with age and pregnancies :(

Still love your hair. I'm always one step behind you on length!

Jewell

Yeah, definitely smells like B.S. to me. I clearly remember that 4a hair she had on the Cosby Show puffing out everywhere. And, she became a pre-teen/teen on that show, so there is no reason for the texture to dramatically change and grow out differently due to age or on its own. I think she has a texturizer or BKT on top of heat training. I think she is being truthful in the posting, but she is leaving out important details in her regimen obviously. Squeaky clean hair would not lay so frizz-free while curly... I don't follow her anyway...she seems a bit too "something..." for me. IDK I just discern b.s. from her whenever I see her on TV or a movie.

werenumber2

@the bolded, i got into HEATED arguments with poeple over this.... they still refused to see the truth:ohwell:

Btw you dont see people asking how her hair changed from a coarse 3c to 3a/b ringlets :rolleyes: I know her hair is professionally styled in the last two pics, but still.

I remember asking on another hair board if this was her natural hair, and people said this was fake too, so I don't even know anymore:

snillohsss

@ the bolded... im not even sure if thats possible. :spinning: I don't think heat training can change textures so drastically. But im no expert on the topic so......

Let me quote a post that I read in this thread :look: (btw- @renren I agree with you)

YES MA'AM (it can) - SEE THIS INTERVIEW I DID WHERE A TYPE 4B WHEN TO A TYPE 3A :yep: what can i do about heat damage? is it reversible? | KisforKinky

HER ONE YEAR UPDATE WILL BE COMING UP THIS MONTH TOO. HER HAIR IS THRIVING NOW THAT IT IS BACK TO ITS NORMAL AND REAL TEXTURE. :yep:

At any rate, "debulk" is a good word. That won't change the diameter of her curls, just lessen the bulk of the frizz which would make her more of a silky 3b/3c and less of a coarse 3b/c.

beana

I remember asking on another hair board if this was her natural hair, and people said this was fake too, so I don't even know anymore:

These pics were taken before her image changed. I'm not sure if hair was added in the above pics, but when she started wearing her hair straight, her weave was obvious.

4bslbound

All those chicks got nose jobs...I saw pics and apparently Keri Hilson has one too. Big deal (not implying that it's a big deal to you). At least they look good and don't look crazy like the Jacksons.

:dork:
well if you aren't implying it why did you SAY it!? .....just kidding (had to keep up with the tone in the thread)
:lachen::lachen::lachen:
you're right, no big deal. I have always thought these ladies were absolutely naturally stunning, but apparently not naturally.

The Jackson's got it done when Plastic surgery was first getting started (lets blame it on that):lachen::lachen::lachen:

EllePixie

:dork:
well if you aren't implying it why did you SAY it!? .....just kidding (had to keep up with the tone in the thread)
:lachen::lachen::lachen:
you're right, no big deal. I have always thought these ladies were absolutely naturally stunning, but apparently not naturally.

The Jackson's got it done when Plastic surgery was first getting started (lets blame it on that):lachen::lachen::lachen:

HAH! :grin:

I'm just saying I know that a lot of women GO HARD on women who have had plastic surgery saying they have low self esteem, hate themselves, blah blah blah blah :blah::blah::blah:

As long as you aren't making your kid eat bread and pickles for dinner so you can get yourself "done," I really don't see the issue!

LongLeggedLife

why is skin tone and "regular" blackness being brought up?

it seems to me people are questioning her texture since she ISN'T some random person off the street. she was on television for most of her childhood with her NATURAL hair all out that looks VERY different than how it does now. hence the regular heat usage being brought up as an explanation.

that has nothing to do with if her being black, red, purple, or swirled.

seems like some people are trying to stir up drama where there isn't any...
Right? It appears someone decided to go into left-field on their own accord when the bolded is the bottom line.

Irresistible

I think Keshia is heat trained (as she said she tamed her curls). I believe that if she stops using heat, her new growth would be a different texture. Similar to the experience of Irresistible. Im not sure how different (extent of heat training) the texture would be but im sure it would be different. :yep:

Now, is it possible for girls of her complexion/color to have natural hair like the texture she has in the curly pic? :yep: Yes ofcourse it is, we have many on this board that proves this. But im not totally convinced that this is the case with HER (Keshia's) hair in particular.

Just my 2 cents
Well since I have shown I had a fro as a child:lachen: I might as well show my heat trained hair vs today
2005 full of product and wet hair
Hosted on Fotki

2005 full of Avacado butter-wet
Hosted on Fotki
2007 not heat trained-full of product(eta; I just read in my fotki this was avocado butter too) and wet hair
Hosted on Fotki

I chopped in 2005 and again last year

it doesnt hang anymore just get bigger-I don't generally take back shots anymore
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

today-well just a few days ago-full of conditioner but only slightly damp (I allowed the conditioner to dry in my hair out of laziness)
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

Last edited:

FeelinIt

this is the real issue why this thread is hitting ten pages. People can't wrap their head around a "regular black girl"having curly aka good hair. It HAS to be a mistake or fake because only "mixed" girls have hair like that. All this frenzy over ignorance. Wouldn't it just be easier to accept that the girl's hair curly and even if it was a bit tighter a while ago, that doesn't negate the fact that she has always had thick, healthy and curly hair. If this was a pic of lisa bonet or someone with the right aesthetic, would we be suspicious and insist their curls were the product of heat straightening/alteration? would people be analyzing and throwing out weave, texturizer, etc? Nope. People would accept it, even if her hair WAS texturized/heat damaged. Why do people care so much that they are reaching soooo far and deep to explain the girl's hair texture. How weird is that?:spinning:

Despite this board being filled with gorgeous women with gorgeous hair of all shades, defying stereotypes, people deep down can't let go of the same old ignorant hair crap even if they see the real live proof, over and over again. Just sad.

And that's the real issue....really people c'mon.

LongLeggedLife

Im not sure if this has been asked already, but for those who feel that the current picture of Keshia's curls are not her real texture, what are you basing that off of?

Keshia has never been seen with her hair curly as a child, so if you're a naysayer, what are you basing your logic off? If you have never seen her hair curly prior to this picture, what is about her that is leading you to believe she is lying? I haven't seen the answer to that question addressed at all.

I dont believe the hair pictured would look like young Rudy when blown out.
If you blow that out, its gonna look almost straight, I srsly doubt it would have the size and volume of the gorgeous Young Rudy hair.

This is just based on my eyes, and my observations on hair.

LovelyNaps26

But people disagreed on Kimmaytube's hair type as well. Many posters thought she was a 3C and Kimmaytube certainly doesn't fit the aesthetic you speak of. FWIW, Kimmay has a vid stating that she is a 4a/b.

I don't think anyone is doubting a brown skin girl can have curly hair. Last I checked Chili from TLC was brown and she clearly has 3a or 3b hair.

well, actually that's not true (at least if you talking about the recent threads). a few, like on one hand thought so. many just thought her straight hair looked stiff and dull with ragged ends. :lachen:

LovelyNaps26

May! i actually thought it was March 1st... but it's may 1st!!!

i checked out nappturality last nite

it was quite:yep: (nice tho).... is the quick question, is the word kimmay like a curse word over there?:look:

i've been on lhcf for years lurking.... just going back to lurking for a while probably:yep:

just don't mention anything related to heat on that site. YOU WILL BE BANNED!

Irresistible

naaah u know u take back shots:rolleyes:
lol :grin: meant while my hair is wet/natural like in the previous pics

only while stretched or pressed. it just looks big from the back now , loose(it doesnt just hang down my back like before) naturally, it looks really crazy anyway cause my nape hair is always hanging a lil longer than the rest of my hair

eta , right, someone else took the pics not me.......gurl ur nuts :lachen::lachen:

having me up in here trying to figure out what you really mean :lol:

Last edited:

renren

Well since I have shown I had a fro as a child:lachen: I might as well show my heat trained hair vs today
Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki
2007 not heat trained-full of product(eta; I just read in my fotki this was avocado butter too) and wet hair
Hosted on Fotki

it doesnt hang anymore just get bigger-I don't generally take back shots anymore
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

today-well just a few days ago-full of conditioner but only slightly damp (I allowed the conditioner to dry in my hair out of laziness)
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

THIS:yep:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is what I imagine heat training would do... Not a very drastic change... de-bulks your hair and makes it hang a little looser. Your hair is amazing btw!!!! :lick:

Fine 4s

http://public.fotki.com/IRRISISTABLBTCH/2005/just_buyin_mo_time/dscf0394.htmlHosted on Fotki

http://public.fotki.com/IRRISISTABLBTCH/2005/from_scratch/picture_321.htmlHosted on Fotki
2007 not heat trained-full of product(eta; I just read in my fotki this was avacacodo butter too) and wet hair
http://public.fotki.com/IRRISISTABLBTCH/2007/be-curly-be-natural/photo570.htmlHosted on Fotki

http://public.fotki.com/IRRISISTABLBTCH/2007/be-curly-be-natural/photo569.htmlHosted on Fotki
http://public.fotki.com/IRRISISTABLBTCH/2007/be-curly-be-natural/photo564.htmlHosted on Fotki

http://public.fotki.com/IRRISISTABLBTCH/2011/texture-shots/photo-254.htmlHosted on Fotki
http://public.fotki.com/IRRISISTABLBTCH/2011/texture-shots/photo-253.htmlHosted on Fotki

I am LOVING your last pictures....your hair went POOF! :grin:

Lynnerie

Iris came and shut this thread down with all those beautiful hair pics! I forgot what the thread was about.

LovelyNaps26

I have to disagree. Alicia Keys and Keisha Knight are celebrities and people seem to be responding to what they thought Keisha's hair was and what it appears to be now. If Alicia was on CN with a wash and go that looked like Sera2544's hair from Youtube, or mwedzi's beautiful hair I would be taken aback to be honest, because it differs from anything i've seen her hair do in the past 10+ years of her fame.

Now, if a non famous person who looks like Keisha and has her hair texture has come on here showing texture and the thread turned into a "i know you must be texturized/lying/heat damaged, etc" type of thread then that's different.

If by chance such a thread exists can you please point me to it? I'm not being facetious, it just sounds like it would make for one of those "gate" type threads. :lol:

the bolded proves nothing because if she looked like AKeys this thread would not be 20 pages. People would say ' oh that's nice' or want the product she uses and that would be the end of it. What's wrong with it is that the intentions are not pure. It's not just, 'oh cool look at her hair now'. It's riddled with implications, stereotypes, explanations, skepticism. When we look at certain people's hair we just assume it's theirs and say it's nice. We usually don't probe into whether the curls are authentic, heat damage, a wig or weave. I will never forget the thread where Alicia Keys was posted pre-preggo with a horrid looking weave on stage right after saying she got a hair cut and everyone insisted it was her hair, even though it was obvious it wasn't.

Because of her aesthetic, people don't question her hair or break down her curl authenticity to heat damage and all that and WANT to believe it's hers. They just accept it. Tia and Tamera in Sister Sister had tight spirals (3c) in that show, but the rare time we see their hair curly now, it's in the 2's. No one questions if it's heat damage from all the straightening they do. They just roll with it and accept it even though the texture change is drastic. No one thinks it's a weave or wig or texturizer. It just is. . . .

When it's someone who doesn't fit the aesthetic people digging deep to 'explain' her texture. Trying to quantify heat damage, relaxer, weaves all over someone you don't know, who doesn't have an album (fotki) or public regimen, so you actually know what they do to their hair on the regular is just weird. The only time we see her is on tv and at famous people events, so yes her hair is gonna be "done":look:. The difference in reaction is so transparent and silly.

wish4length

What if we remembered seeing 3a/b type hair on her during the Cosby show and now all of a sudden she had 4a/b hair? Would anyone really care?

I think the OP of this thread brought it to our attention because it concerned hair and WE are LHCF. She even stated that she doens't think Knight is a liar, she just "grabbed our attention" with the title.
You are entitled to believe she is lying, telling the truth, her hair is heat trained, etc....

Women on this board have shut up critics. Why can't someone outside this board do the same?

All I know is I joined this board to get support on growing my hair and stressing over Rudy's hair will not help me with my journey.

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

lol :grin: meant while my hair is wet/natural like in the previous pics

only while stretched or pressed. it just looks big from the back now , loose(it doesnt just hang down my back like before) naturally, it looks really crazy anyway cause my nape hair is always hanging a lil longer than the rest of my hair

eta , right, someone else took the pics not me.......gurl ur nuts :lachen::lachen:

having me up in here trying to figure out what you really mean :lol:

:blush::blush::blush::yep::yep::yep: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

gcchick_07

Right? It appears someone decided to go into left-field on their own accord when the bolded is the bottom line.

noooo girl, we are self hating jealous heauxs who can't believe that a plain ole negro like us can have that good hurr. why did i get cursed with these 4a/b napps when Rudy can swang-a-lang her curls along with the whitest of 'em.

we just jealous.

:rolleyes:

LongLeggedLife

Im not really up on the communication thru smilies, but yeah I'd be talmbout you, mainly, from what I've read...

We are all aware there are plenty of brown to dark brown-skinned ladies, who consider themselves black, on television, and on these forums who have varying hair types.

Its insulting for you(or anyone) to continually INSIST that her complexion is the reason, simply for sharing the opinion that the hair looks other than what it used to. Its insulting that you think so little of posters intelligence that you believe we are seemingly unable to formulate a varying opion outside of this colorism stuff only you seem to be caught up on. Its out of context to me, with all due respect Madam.

Status
Not open for further replies.