Keshia Knight is a liar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Guess what?

All I'm sayin is...why is it when ppl have such "gorgeous" hair--we NEVER see their scalp. I mean REALLY... couldn't she have provided a pic that didn't cut her forehead off??? I could really care less about her ish but doin those kinda angle shots make it all sooooo suspect....:boxing:
For the record, ibelieve she is natural but i do not believe THAT is a pic of her natural hair...:nono:

thats the quote i was talking about with her not showing her roots and all:yep:

Oh I know but I think someone was talking about stock photos off the net and not knowing if that was even truly her natural hair or not...was that here? Girl I dunno.

thats the quote i was talking about with her not showing her roots and all:yep:

Now why you gon' make me read that again? If she really slapped a wig on, took a "convenient" shot on her celly, and sent it to Nikki...like really? It's that serious? :lachen:

So...turns out that the curly haired picture used in the CN interview is a cell phone picture that Keshia took specifically for the CN readers. It's not a wig or a weave, and that's why we can't find it online.

Just sharing!

i think this is the most puzzling thing of all .... :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

the 1/2 pic was intentionally sent:look:.... not a stock photo

sent to an article on your hair?:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Now why you gon' make me read that again? If she really slapped a wig on, took a "convenient" shot on her celly, and sent it to Nikki...like really? It's that serious? :lachen:

im sorry i really couldn't help it:lachen:when opportunity knocks......:evillaugh:

I watched the Cosby show as a kid growing up and her hair had a tighter curl pattern from what I could see from her edges to the length of her hair. I do love her hair by the way. I haven't read the other posts but I just learned recently on another hair board that Natural to some ladies mean that they wear their real hair (meaning no weave). Just a thought.

That's funny because CN recently ran an interview of Karyn Parsons from Fresh Prince, who recently stopped texturizing and many people stated that they assumed that was her natural texture on the show.
of course not, because people are program to construct "regular black" and "mixed" black in narrow ways, so their mind can't wrap around anything else. She fits the mold. We need to break the damn mold.

okayyyy yall. lol ..I did say the shot looked suspect to me--not necessarily b/c of the texture but more so b/c of the length...I hadn't searched the internet for previous photos of her so i wasn't aware it was a recent pic sent from her cell phone. BUT now that I did look up some pics...
this is her in 2009--I think this is her naturally healthy beautiful hair
keisha-knight-pullium.jpg

2. This is her Sept 2010 with her new cute bob
LudafianceudacrisEudoxieKeshiaKnightPulliam.jpg

keisha.jpg

3. This is her Feb 2011
IMG00119-20101123-2209%25282%2529.jpg

Now maybe her hair can grow 1-2 inches a month--Money can do that from what I hear lol :lol: OR the bob could've been a short weave for all i know BUT either way istill would have liked for her to send in a better pic for CN.
:skitzo:

this is the real issue why this thread is hitting ten pages. People can't wrap their head around a "regular black girl"having curly aka good hair. It HAS to be a mistake or fake because only "mixed" girls have hair like that. All this frenzy over ignorance. Wouldn't it just be easier to accept that the girl's hair curly and even if it was a bit tighter a while ago, that doesn't negate the fact that she has always had thick, healthy and curly hair. If this was a pic of lisa bonet or someone with the right aesthetic, would we be suspicious and insist their curls were the product of heat straightening/alteration? would people be analyzing and throwing out weave, texturizer, etc? Nope. People would accept it, even if her hair WAS texturized/heat damaged. Why do people care so much that they are reaching soooo far and deep to explain the girl's hair texture. How weird is that?:spinning:

Despite this board being filled with gorgeous women with gorgeous hair of all shades, defying stereotypes, people deep down can't let go of the same old ignorant hair crap even if they see the real live proof, over and over again. Just sad.

But that's exactly why skintone isn't an issue in this thread- we see women with curly hair all of the time on here. it's no biggie. i believe she's heat-trained because she said it herself. if you straighten your hair often, it does loosen the texture and she said it "tamed" hers (her words). people can post their childhood pics all they want but if they aren't frequent straighteners like she is, then the photos mean nothing. look at lhdc2011 on youtube- she admits that her texture has changed due to heat as well (she went from being in the 4's she said to being a 3 or maybe 2-don't remember which one). what's so wrong with pointing that out? isn't this a hair board? we talk about other people's hair all of the time. some of us go into the entertainment section and discuss celeb topics over there and no one has a problem with this so why is it an issue to talk about keshia's hair? it was on a public website and it was open for discussion since she made the decision to put her hair on display. it's not that deep that people can't talk about it. we don't have to turn everything into a color issue since most of the women on here have seen women darker than her with hair just as curly. so yes i believe she's 3c/4a and now she's 3a/3b with heat. big deal

okayyyy yall. lol ..I did say the shot looked suspect to me--not necessarily b/c of the texture but more so b/c of the length...I hadn't searched the internet for previous photos of her so i wasn't aware it was a recent pic sent from her cell phone. BUT now that I did look up some pics...
Now maybe her hair can grow 1-2 inches a month--Money can do that from what I hear lol :lol: OR the bob could've been a short weave for all i know BUT either way istill would have liked for her to send in a better pic for CN.

maybe the last photo wasn't taken recently. she could've lied and said she took it especially for the CN people- it'd make the CN readers feel special. i don't think it was recent

keisha.jpg

3. This is her Feb 2011

when did she color & hairlight her hair? it's really cute

But that's exactly why skintone isn't an issue in this thread- we see women with curly hair all of the time on here. it's no biggie. i believe she's heat-trained because she said it herself. if you straighten your hair often, it does loosen the texture and she said it "tamed" hers (her words). people can post their childhood pics all they want but if they aren't frequent straighteners like she is, then the photos mean nothing. look at lhdc2011 on youtube- she admits that her texture has changed due to heat as well (she went from being in the 4's she said to being a 3 or maybe 2-don't remember which one). what's so wrong with pointing that out? isn't this a hair board? we talk about other people's hair all of the time. some of us go into the entertainment section and discuss celeb topics over there and no one has a problem with this so why is it an issue to talk about keshia's hair? it was on a public website and it was open for discussion since she made the decision to put her hair on display. it's not that deep that people can't talk about it. we don't have to turn everything into a color issue since most of the women on here have seen women darker than her with hair just as curly. so yes i believe she's 3c/4a and now she's 3a/3b with heat. big deal
the bolded proves nothing because if she looked like AKeys this thread would not be 20 pages. People would say ' oh that's nice' or want the product she uses and that would be the end of it. What's wrong with it is that the intentions are not pure. It's not just, 'oh cool look at her hair now'. It's riddled with implications, stereotypes, explanations, skepticism. When we look at certain people's hair we just assume it's theirs and say it's nice. We usually don't probe into whether the curls are authentic, heat damage, a wig or weave. I will never forget the thread where Alicia Keys was posted pre-preggo with a horrid looking weave on stage right after saying she got a hair cut and everyone insisted it was her hair, even though it was obvious it wasn't.

Because of her aesthetic, people don't question her hair or break down her curl authenticity to heat damage and all that and WANT to believe it's hers. They just accept it. Tia and Tamera in Sister Sister had tight spirals (3c) in that show, but the rare time we see their hair curly now, it's in the 2's. No one questions if it's heat damage from all the straightening they do. They just roll with it and accept it even though the texture change is drastic. No one thinks it's a weave or wig or texturizer. It just is. . . .

When it's someone who doesn't fit the aesthetic people digging deep to 'explain' her texture. Trying to quantify heat damage, relaxer, weaves all over someone you don't know, who doesn't have an album (fotki) or public regimen, so you actually know what they do to their hair on the regular is just weird. The only time we see her is on tv and at famous people events, so yes her hair is gonna be "done":look:. The difference in reaction is so transparent and silly.

Last edited:
Heat damage in the front along with the blonde highlights. Blonde highlights can damage certain hair textures just as badly as heat.

Just my 2 cents.....I had blonde in my hair, and it TOTALLY changed my texture. ie, COLOR DAMAGE, that made my hair look like, well look at my avatar pic......once I cut out the color dmg, I still had curls, but not like how it looked when it was damaged. Sooo with that being said, misuse of heat ( ie heat dmg ) along with color, YES I do believe that can change the texture. Just think of all of us here that have had heat or color dmg, or even both at the same time. It can make your hair look totally different in certain instances.........

It is a possibility that bob is a weave. Some people do actually get weaves shorter than their hair. And celebs are notorious for weaves when they are working. Just saying.

It is a possibility that bob is a weave. Some people do actually get weaves shorter than their hair. And celebs are notorious for weaves when they are working. Just saying.

i know if my hair was that long, i'd be more apt to get a short weave before i chop it off...esp w/ her $$$ & living in atlanta she can get someone to hook it up and look just like hers.

that actually makes a lot of sense. although i have heard a few Trinidadians call themselves that. some ppl i know actually brag about being coolie. as i type, there's a girl on my twitter carrying on about how glad she is that she isn't fully black and pretty she is and how nice her hair is b/c she's coolie...

Yes, but it isn't as common and is done in the younger generation. When people I the older generation use it, it is usually meant to be derogatory...lol.

Seriously? On Facebook? Ridiculous.

KNP is so pretty.

The lil girl on beads braids and beyond has type3 hair and it looks bushy when brushed out in some pics. Maybe KNP is a type 3c/4a *shrug*

@ Kurlee--you can continue to assume everyone is questioning her hair b/c of her skin tone--and maybe some ppl are... but I ASSURE U---I AM NOT ONE OF THOSE PERSONS...

iri9109--I was trying to think of ur screen name when I mentioned my hair idols---iswear ithink u have THE BEST curls on the forum! I remember when u did ur big chop and posted pics--ifell inlove:love3: with ur hair! seriously...lol

Lastly, I agree the bob could be a weave--idk...and i officially don't care....lmao
luvs ya ladies :bighug:

why is skin tone and "regular" blackness being brought up?

it seems to me people are questioning her texture since she ISN'T some random person off the street. she was on television for most of her childhood with her NATURAL hair all out that looks VERY different than how it does now. hence the regular heat usage being brought up as an explanation.

that has nothing to do with if her being black, red, purple, or swirled.

seems like some people are trying to stir up drama where there isn't any...

keisha.jpg

3. This is her Feb 2011

The bob is a wig.

why is skin tone and "regular" blackness being brought up?

it seems to me people are questioning her texture since she ISN'T some random person off the street. she was on television for most of her childhood with her NATURAL hair all out that looks VERY different than how it does now. hence the regular heat usage being brought up as an explanation.

that has nothing to do with if her being black, red, purple, or swirled.

seems like some people are trying to stir up drama where there isn't any...

I don't think that's true. I know people IRL that believe that light skinned people have a different texture of hair than darker folks. Not sure where they got that from, but I've definitely heard it more than once. So the idea isn't completely far fetched and wishing for drama.

the bolded proves nothing because if she looked like AKeys this thread would not be 20 pages. People would say ' oh that's nice' or want the product she uses and that would be the end of it. What's wrong with it is that the intentions are not pure. It's not just, 'oh cool look at her hair now'. It's riddled with implications, stereotypes, explanations, skepticism. When we look at certain people's hair we just assume it's theirs and say it's nice. We usually don't probe into whether the curls are authentic, heat damage, a wig or weave. I will never forget the thread where Alicia Keys was posted pre-preggo with a horrid looking weave on stage right after saying she got a hair cut and everyone insisted it was her hair, even though it was obvious it wasn't.

Because of her aesthetic, people don't question her hair or break down her curl authenticity to heat damage and all that and WANT to believe it's hers. They just accept it. Tia and Tamera in Sister Sister had tight spirals (3c) in that show, but the rare time we see their hair curly now, it's in the 2's. No one questions if it's heat damage from all the straightening they do. They just roll with it and accept it even though the texture change is drastic. No one thinks it's a weave or wig or texturizer. It just is. . . .

When it's someone who doesn't fit the aesthetic people digging deep to 'explain' her texture. Trying to quantify heat damage, relaxer, weaves all over someone you don't know, who doesn't have an album (fotki) or public regimen, so you actually know what they do to their hair on the regular is just weird. The only time we see her is on tv and at famous people events, so yes her hair is gonna be "done":look:. The difference in reaction is so transparent and silly.

You ain't NEVAH lied!!!! People refused to believe that A. Keys wears a weave, and no one ever wants to believe that Halle Berry's curly hair was a texturizer. This girl on another board was like, "Well I met Halle Berry and she was wearing her natural hair." And I'm like NO THAT WAS A TEXTURIZER!!!! When Jasika Nicole said she had a texturizer, people were shocked. When Karyn Parsons showed everyone her natural hair, everyone was shocked because they believed that was her real texture on Fresh Prince.

Wait let me say that again...You ain't NEVAH LIED!

Last edited:
Yeahh, those are definitely not the curls she was born with. Her hair in the Cosby Show wouldn't have looked like this:

RudyHuxtable.jpg

with the type of hair that is in that picture. It would have looked silkier and been less full.

But for people to call her a liar is taking it too far. I read the article, and she never said that her hair was type 3 all her life...all she said was that it was very very curly and that she was always natural, except for a little bit in college. It's entirely possible that she had hair like EllePixie's or Irresistable's, where it's dense and full, but also featured clear and discernible curls. That kind of hair, with the proper manipulation, could become that Rudy Huxtable hair which she was famous for.

I mean...she admits to using frequent heat on squeaky clean hair, without any freaking heat protectant. And as everyone can see, she doesn't do that Kimmaytube press...she shoots for relaxer straight. After years of that, hell yeah she's gonna lose much of her curl pattern. Anyone would. Wonder woman would.

I don't know why people get so mad about other people's hair. Always so quick to try to call someone out on some perceived B.S. or shut them down....it's so not that serious and it's not on their heads. Why do they care so much? :ohwell:

Right!! Why do they care so much? Also, my dry hair was similar to that when I was younger and I'm type 3. Further, she didn't say she was type 3 :nono::ohwell:. Lastly, products and techniques are different now. My 4 year old hair doesn't look anything like my 35 year old hair. :yep:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back