Keshia Knight is a liar

Status
Not open for further replies.

biancaelyse

I haven't read this whole long thread nor do I personally know KNP, but I believe her story is possible.

I assumed that I was type 4 because my mother who has very silky type 2 hair didn't know how to deal with my hair as a kid. The Breck and Jhirmack and Faberge shampoos that worked on her hair really dried mine out and she brushed my hair daily so it stayed poofy and frizzy all the time. My hair laughed at Cream Rinses and I needed more oil and moisture in my hair.

Looking back at my childhood pictures, my hair definitely looks like type 4 hair.

I didn't learn any of this until I was in my late 20s and had been relaxing for many years at that point. Once I BCed and began a decent regimen, my hair grew into a 3B/3C pattern as my hair got longer.

LisaLisa1908

What 40 looks like.
Seriously.

As you age, your hair texture DOES CHANGE. And trying to compare hair care from the 80s to now is quite simply, fraught with peril. If you brush out ANY curls in order to get them out, guess what? The hair is going to frizz and puff out. If you put heat on TOP of that, exactly what do you think is going to happen?

Any of you that have the EXACT hair you had as a child now, and you're over 30? I'd love to see it. You've grown that hair out four times; the environment and other factors are going to change it, period.

KKP had big beautiful hair as a child (as many of us did) and then got hold to some heat and changed the game. Happens to the best of us. But to act like she HAS to have had a texturizer or perm or that she HAD to be a certain hair type when you weren't there and you don't know? Yeah. Work on that a little harder.

*smh* All this hair on these boards and this is what y'all come up with? Okay.

aa9746

Well since I have shown I had a fro as a child:lachen: I might as well show my heat trained hair vs today
2005 full of product and wet hair
Hosted on Fotki

2005 full of Avacado butter-wet
Hosted on Fotki
2007 not heat trained-full of product(eta; I just read in my fotki this was avocado butter too) and wet hair
Hosted on Fotki

I chopped in 2005 and again last year

it doesnt hang anymore just get bigger-I don't generally take back shots anymore
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

today-well just a few days ago-full of conditioner but only slightly damp (I allowed the conditioner to dry in my hair out of laziness)
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

I'd love to put your hair on my head!! Pretty hair!:yep:

Embyra

Well since I have shown I had a fro as a child:lachen: I might as well show my heat trained hair vs today
2005 full of product and wet hair
Hosted on Fotki

2005 full of Avacado butter-wet
Hosted on Fotki
2007 not heat trained-full of product(eta; I just read in my fotki this was avocado butter too) and wet hair
Hosted on Fotki

I chopped in 2005 and again last year

it doesnt hang anymore just get bigger-I don't generally take back shots anymore
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

today-well just a few days ago-full of conditioner but only slightly damp (I allowed the conditioner to dry in my hair out of laziness)
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

are any versions of this hair for sale:look::lol:....:lick:

Last edited:

Embyra

What if we remembered seeing 3a/b type hair on her during the Cosby show and now all of a sudden she had 4a/b hair? Would anyone really care?

I think the OP of this thread brought it to our attention because it concerned hair and WE are LHCF. She even stated that she doens't think Knight is a liar, she just "grabbed our attention" with the title.
You are entitled to believe she is lying, telling the truth, her hair is heat trained, etc....

Women on this board have shut up critics. Why can't someone outside this board do the same?

All I know is I joined this board to get support on growing my hair and stressing over Rudy's hair will not help me with my journey.

EXACTLY :yep: :yep:

jupitermoon

@Irresistible, your hair is unique. You have curls/waves like a type 3 but it expands and looks cloudy and Afro-like like a type 4. I love it.

As a child people also told me I had hair like little Rudy. It wasn't until I was a teenager that I realized my hair was curly, because it was always brushed out and braided like Rudy's. The blue/green grease was the only product that my parents used on my hair too, lol!

Nothing to add! I'm 275!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

lol, I'm 280. :spinning:

knt1229

well, actually that's not true (at least if you talking about the recent threads). a few, like on one hand thought so. many just thought her straight hair looked stiff and dull with ragged ends. :lachen:

You're talking about the Kimmaytube flat ironing reveal thread. I'm talking about a Kimmaytube thread that was posted before she revealed the flat ironed hair. I think that thread ended up locked and may be poofed not sure.

Whimsy

I think her hair is heat damaged. Also, we have to remember that her hair was brushed out when we saw it on the cosby show, not gelled and "defined" and likely damp as it is in the pic.

4bslbound

HAH! :grin:

I'm just saying I know that a lot of women GO HARD on women who have had plastic surgery saying they have low self esteem, hate themselves, blah blah blah blah :blah::blah::blah:

As long as you aren't making your kid eat bread and pickles for dinner so you can get yourself "done," I really don't see the issue!

YEA, I DONT THINK THERE IS AN ISSUE......I JUST NOTICED THAT SHE HAD A NOSE JOB (NO BIG DEAL):look:

Kurlee

Im not really up on the communication thru smilies, but yeah I'd be talmbout you, mainly, from what I've read...

We are all aware there are plenty of brown to dark brown-skinned ladies, who consider themselves black, on television, and on these forums who have varying hair types.

Its insulting for you(or anyone) to continually INSIST that her complexion is the reason, simply for sharing the opinion that the hair looks other than what it used to. Its insulting that you think so little of posters intelligence that you believe we are seemingly unable to formulate a varying opion outside of this colorism stuff only you seem to be caught up on. Its out of context to me, with all due respect Madam.
whateva man. Get mad if ya want to. I have just as much right to participate and have a counter opinion as anyone else. Not looking for co-signs or people to agree. If you you want to make it about all that, go right ahead, but I feel the way I feel and if you don't like it, kindly skip over my posts.

Kurlee

Seriously.

As you age, your hair texture DOES CHANGE. And trying to compare hair care from the 80s to now is quite simply, fraught with peril. If you brush out ANY curls in order to get them out, guess what? The hair is going to frizz and puff out. If you put heat on TOP of that, exactly what do you think is going to happen?

Any of you that have the EXACT hair you had as a child now, and you're over 30? I'd love to see it. You've grown that hair out four times; the environment and other factors are going to change it, period.

KKP had big beautiful hair as a child (as many of us did) and then got hold to some heat and changed the game. Happens to the best of us. But to act like she HAS to have had a texturizer or perm or that she HAD to be a certain hair type when you weren't there and you don't know? Yeah. Work on that a little harder.

*smh* All this hair on these boards and this is what y'all come up with? Okay.
THANK YOU!:yep:

levette

at least her hair is real- geez=- who cares if she is 2a, 4z, etc- her hair is REAL- that's what matters!

Irresistible

I'm just kinda mad she is telling others that it's good to let your hair get squeaky=totally stripped of all oils and moisture

I don't do squeaky

not ever

she is saying if you don't get the squeak , she thinks thats where most people have problems......huh? :look:

pringe

When I was younger I had waves, I can tell through looking back at school pics. Now there aren't really any waves in sight. It's time to close this thread. lol

nubiennze

I was waiting for someone to mention this, we being LHCF and all...no one had any commentary about the regimen...?

At any rate, I'm 293. :pulpdance:

I'm just kinda mad she is telling others that it's good to let your hair get squeaky=totally stripped of all oils and moisture

I don't do squeaky

not ever

she is saying if you don't get the squeak , she thinks thats where most people have problems......huh? :look:

AHeadOfCoils

I'm not gone lie... I think that is some wet and wavy yaky hair... It looks just like my old weaves. I could be wrong about it not being her natural hair but oh well. Looks weave-ish to me. :yep: Especially the color. Had it been all black, I might not have said the same thing but it ain't so it's a weave in my book. :dead:

Irresistible

its not a typical pic one would take for a hair site that's for sure

I ain't sayin nothing else. cause I don't know what to think :look:

MsBoinglicious

Wow this thread has turned into something huh lol

I can only base this off of her childhood hair. I dunno, it just don't match up to me.
If this was a debate about her hair being WL. Without a doubt I would believe her hair was WL with no added hair because on the show she was MBL/WL in a blow-dried state (just imagine how long it would have been pressed/flat ironed). But her texture back then compared to now…I dunno.

I agree your hair can become finer/coarser, thicker/thinner as you get older but it seems like a big difference for KKP. It just seems to be altered. She even said its tamed by heat (Its stringy and she has some straight pieces in the front). It may be her hair from scalp to ends but I don’t think that’s her “Natural God Given” texture. I bet if she stopped with the heat her hair would have more shrinkage and her curls would be tighter.

My 3 cents!

KurleeK5

All those chicks got nose jobs...I saw pics and apparently Keri Hilson has one too. Big deal (not implying that it's a big deal to you). At least they look good and don't look crazy like the Jacksons.

Before accusing them all of nose jobs, you should check out this video on youtube nose contouring...
YouTube - Easy Nose Contouring Tutorial

It gives the appearance of a thinner nose... I've actually tried it on myself and it does wonders for how your nose looks.

just dropping a bit of make-up info for you.

KurleeK5

I just don't understand why there is still an issue here? she said her hair was "heat trained" when she described what she does to it.....:lachen:

I just don't know why everyone keeps posting pictures of her hair blown out as a child...when you show me one of her "curly" hair then compare it to her hair now, then I'll feel this thread has relevance...until then....:rolleyes:

also, you can see the "sheen" that her hair is giving off...all the various textures in the pic leads me to think that is her real hair...now how old the pic is..idk, but who has seen her recently to verify? .....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.