Keshia Knight is a liar

Status
Not open for further replies.

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

Wow this thread has turned into something huh lol

I can only base this off of her childhood hair. I dunno, it just don't match up to me.
If this was a debate about her hair being WL. Without a doubt I would believe her hair was WL with no added hair because on the show she was MBL/WL in a blow-dried state (just imagine how long it would have been pressed/flat ironed). But her texture back then compared to now…I dunno.

I agree your hair can become finer/coarser, thicker/thinner as you get older but it seems like a big difference for KKP. It just seems to be altered. She even said its tamed by heat (Its stringy and she has some straight pieces in the front). It may be her hair from scalp to ends but I don’t think that’s her “Natural God Given” texture. I bet if she stopped with the heat her hair would have more shrinkage and her curls would be tighter.

My 3 cents!

can someone tell me how to capture images from a VIDEO
...... PRETTY PLEASE????:drunk:

Morenita

this is the real issue why this thread is hitting ten pages. People can't wrap their head around a "regular black girl"having curly aka good hair. It HAS to be a mistake or fake because only "mixed" girls have hair like that. All this frenzy over ignorance. Wouldn't it just be easier to accept that the girl's hair curly and even if it was a bit tighter a while ago, that doesn't negate the fact that she has always had thick, healthy and curly hair. If this was a pic of lisa bonet or someone with the right aesthetic, would we be suspicious and insist their curls were the product of heat straightening/alteration? would people be analyzing and throwing out weave, texturizer, etc? Nope. People would accept it, even if her hair WAS texturized/heat damaged. Why do people care so much that they are reaching soooo far and deep to explain the girl's hair texture. How weird is that?:spinning:

Despite this board being filled with gorgeous women with gorgeous hair of all shades, defying stereotypes, people deep down can't let go of the same old ignorant hair crap even if they see the real live proof, over and over again. Just sad.

^ This, totally.

And not only that, it's also just a shame that the entire interview has this dark cloud over it now because of all this hair typing drama/analyzing. Nikki did the hair community a service by taking the time out to track Keisha down and interview her, and all this thread is providing is a disservice to all of that by throwing a bunch of unnecessary negativity in the mix. If I were her (or any other person for that matter), I sure as heck wouldn't want to do any more interviews about "natural" hair. And that would be a shame, because we'd then be the ones losing out.

NaturalBoss

I'm one of the people who said her hair looks heat trained and I still hold to that. She basically said it herself in her interview.

I'm not one of the people who is assuming that's not her true hair texture because she is not light skinned or mixed or whatever. My mom is black, she has chocolate colored skin, she's completely natural with no heat damage and has a looser texture than KK in that pic.

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
That's it! Andre Walker is the debil reincarnate! Hair typing has been the worst thing to enter the natural curly, coily, kinky hair realm! :nono:

All I know is I've always loved Keisha's hair whether it be naturally bushy, curly, coily, kinky or neyappy!

Healthy hair is beautiful! (drops mic)

:dead:

ConstantlyDynamic

honestly the thread wouldn't have been this long if the whole color issue wasn't brought into it and if people weren't stressing over the fact that some posters questioned her texture. i only responded because of that and i think a lot of other people did as well. in the beginning, some people simply stated that they didn't think it was her real texture and they got backlash for it as if we don't discuss beyonce's hair or any other celeb's hair. we talk about the way they raise their children, the people they date, we call them fame wh**** (the kardashians) etc. and now people are up in arms because some people (like me) think she's heat-trained and some think she's wearing a weave. damn didn't know keisha and her hair were so off-limits

JerriBlank

I'm worried that this mess will be associated with lhcf. People are wrong for going in on her like that on CN.
I would hate for her to read some of this stuff.
Also,something just makes me feel off with the way the majority of people in here are arguing that people don't believe its her texture because she is a "regular" black girl. Who even brought that up? Who mentioned it? What made you guys reach that conclusion,even though I didn't see it insinuated anywhere in here. So people can't debate hair anymore? This thread could have been way more civil and lighthearted than what it turned out to be. This mess is getting so old.:sad:

nissi

#309 :lachen: Nissi wuz here! :lol:

It's already been said and demonstrated beautifully by Iris, but when I got grown, and knew how to properly hydrate my hair with the right sources of moisture (instead of the Vitapointe of my childhood), my texture came alive, and I was shocked. My family members and co-workers were also shocked, and thought I had a weave.

So I wouldn't doubt her heat-training since she has been doing it so long and also has color (which we know also straightens the hair). People do lie, by why would she subject herself to such scrutiny knowing that people would be quick to investigate her claim and call her a liar? Doesn't make sense... :perplexed: :look: I would hope she is not that stupid.

Kurlee

I'm worried that this mess will be associated with lhcf. People are wrong for going in on her like that on CN.
I would hate for her to read some of this stuff.
Also,something just makes me feel off with the way the majority of people in here are arguing that people don't believe its her texture because she is a "regular" black girl. Who even brought that up? Who mentioned it? What made you guys reach that conclusion,even though I didn't see it insinuated anywhere in here. So people can't debate hair anymore? This thread could have been way more civil and lighthearted than what it turned out to be. This mess is getting so old.:sad:

honestly the thread wouldn't have been this long if the whole color issue wasn't brought into it and if people weren't stressing over the fact that some posters questioned her texture. i only responded because of that and i think a lot of other people did as well. in the beginning, some people simply stated that they didn't think it was her real texture and they got backlash for it as if we don't discuss beyonce's hair or any other celeb's hair. we talk about the way they raise their children, the people they date, we call them fame wh**** (the kardashians) etc. and now people are up in arms because some people (like me) think she's heat-trained and some think she's wearing a weave. damn didn't know keisha and her hair were so off-limits
If that's the opinion I have, I am allowed to voice it and if you don't like it, don't respond. People keep whining about what I said, but cannot counter it in any meaningful way and encourage a real dialogue. Talking loud and saying nothing.

blueberryd

in response to ladybeesrch:

imean ireally don't mind the redundancy and the bickering on this topic...that's what forums/discussions/debates are all about...but what i REALLY don't like about this thread is the title---and iknow the OP just did it for shock value, but ithink the TITLE of the thread is what makes us as LHCF members look bad...not necessarily what has been said in the thread, imo Even on BHM--they were like, "Damn, the ladies on LHCF are calling keisha a liar!" I also think the title of the thread kinda automatically sets the tone for the discussion to follow...and calling some1 a liar automatically pits members against eachother.
xoxo

Last edited:

JerriBlank

If that's the opinion I have, I am allowed to voice it and if you don't like it, don't respond. People keep whining about what I said, but cannot counter it in any meaningful way and encourage a real dialogue. Talking loud and saying nothing.

Did I mention you?
Like I said,the majority of people in here are argiung in her favor,which would mean that I am referring to the majority of the posts in this thread,no? Why did you feel the need to respond as if i personally attacked you? I don't do that crazy back and forth with people who can't figure out why the heck they are arguing,so you keep doing you,but know that I would have called you out by name if I felt the need to. lol.

Qtee

imean ireally don't mind the redundancy and the bickering on this topic...that's what forums/discussions/debates are all about...but what i REALLY don't like about this thread is the title---and iknow the OP just did it for shock value, but ithink the TITLE of the thread is what makes us as LHCF members look bad...not necessarily what has been said in the thread, imo Even on BHM--they were like, "Damn, the ladies on LHCF are calling keisha a liar!" I also think the title of the thread kinda automatically sets the tone for the discussion to follow...and calling some1 a liar automatically pits members against eachother.
xoxo
ITA....the title set the tone..

JerriBlank

xoxo

Oh,I totally agree about the title,but I saw right off the bat where she said she was playing,and took it as that.
And for the record,I do believe she has type 3 hair. I just wanted to point out all of the out of place ufckery.:lol:

I do not believe that the title pits members against each other. I think some people had some things to say,and felt like this was the right opportunity,when it seems just straight outta left field in here. I just can't see how the discussion ties into this one. That's why I posted.:yep:

blueberryd

ladybeesrch....GIRLL i am SO with u on ur original post and all of the 'out of place ufckery' u are referring to...there was plenty-o-that up in here lol ithink this thread should officially RIP...lol!:deadhorse:

xoxo ladies :smooches::smooches::smooches:

Status
Not open for further replies.