How do you moisturize your hair after pressing it?

Purtygurly

I would think that if I moisturized the way I normally do (spritz with leave in conditioner diluted with distilled water and apply carrot creme) that my hair will be reverted...

I think that even if I just put only the moisturizer it will cause my hair to revert.

How would you moisturize? or is it impossible?

SVT

Re: How do you moisturize your hair after pressing

I lightly spritz just the ends. It reverts some but not as much as spritzing the roots would because the moisture can evaporate.

InsertCleverNameHere

If you do it lightly (not too much product) and wrap it, it probably wont revert. The wrapping should keep it fairly smooth even though you used a wet leave in.

CocoaButterflyy

I use a moisturizer and add a drop of oil to it and as soon as I moisturize I wrap it and tie a scarf around my head and it doesnt revert

inthepink

Oiling the ends shouldn't cause it to revert - that's what I do.

soulchild

I would use the carrot creme alone, without spritzing first since it's moisturizing itself (contains water). Then wrap if u need to.

SVT

[ QUOTE ]
CocoaButterflyy said:
I use a moisturizer and add a drop of oil to it and as soon as I moisturize I wrap it and tie a scarf around my head and it doesnt revert

[/ QUOTE ]

DOH!

I forgot to mention using oil after you moisturize. I use avocado or olive oil after spritzing.

amy1234

I use jojoba oil or vit. E oil ..I use a dime sized amount for the hair and another dime size amount for the ends. I do this twice a day.

laketta

I use infusium 23 leave in (lightly) then I wrap it to keep it straight. If not it will be a frizz puff.

caress

I'd only use oils. Moisturize your hair after condtioning and before drying. Also use moisturizing conditioners. If you don't wear your hair out, you could use any moisturizer just on the ends and put it back up in a bun or other protective style.

caress

Or I suppose you could put in a little moisturizer and blowdry your hair again if it reverts but that seems like too much heat.

babyblue

Thats the problem with pressed hair. You cant really moisturize it like you want because of reversion. You should use a water based hair cream (ex.carrot oil) concentrating on the ends only and wrap your hair to lessen the frizz. Or you could sprits the ends with scurl or some other water based spritz and seal it in with oil.