how do you moisturize for the night?

godzooki

Hi guys, I'm still trying to work out a good regime and I was wondering what ya'll did at night time for your hair or if ya'll even moisturize or treat your hair before bed time. I normally use carrot oil and dew and maybe some profectiv roothealth if I have heavy newgrowth. Do you think its important to moisturize nightly before retireing for the night every night? any good recommendations for a nightly moisturizer? I'm also having some problems figuring out a good constant bedtime style (I can't wrap!) so can you give me some ideas? I like combing it back into two twists but I wonder if prolonged if it can cause breakage.

I moisturize nightly, and I use Worlds of Curls Curl Activator gel, and then seal it with some castor oil. I *try* to do this about an HOUR before I go to bed, otherwise, wet scarf! LOL!

I think that whether or not you have to moisturize before bed depends on how well your hair holds on to moisture. If I'm really good about spraying and moisturizing during the day, sometimes I don't need to moisturize at night. Otherwise if I don't do it during the day, I try to moisturize at night. And now it's such a routine, I just do it once in the morning and again at night out of habit. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I don't know how to do wraps /images/graemlins/frown.gif so I can't be of any help there. I just throw a scarf on my head and call it a night. LOL!

i usually just leave my hair in the baggie with the moisturizer (curl activator and vaseline) that was on during the day. remember that i'm extremely lazy. so girlfriend be stretching thangs as long as she can!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

My hair is dry, so I moisturize in the morning and at night. I also pay special attention to my ends. I rotate different products, so I use either Profective Healthy Ends, Profective Mega Growth, ORS Carrot Oil, or Dudleys PCA Moisture Retainer.

I am currently using Elasta QP Mango Butter on my ends and edges. Motions Moisture Enhancing Hairdressing along the length of hair. If my hair is feeling really dry I do this twice a day.

To be honest, most nights I am too lazy or I am busy fighting with my cat. I tried the plastic cap over my head but being a natural, I got too much shrinkage. I ocassionally will use coconut oil/jojoba oil and wrap with a silk scarf but that happens usually when I wash my hair (once a week). I think I am going to try curl activator now, maybe the laziness will end because it is easy to apply.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
londongirl3 said:
I am busy fighting with my cat.

[/ QUOTE ]

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA

I know this is going off tangent but just to explain...... my cat has three legs and is blind in one eye. This was not the way I got him. He always roams around the neighbourhood and goes around fighting with dogs!! Ofcourse night time is the time he wants to go out but he can't do it anymore because he can't afford to lose another leg. So he gets angry and scampers around the house spraying everything in site. I got my own back and sprayed him back with water. (hehe /images/graemlins/grin.gif). That stops him atleast from stinking up the house but he will cry for hours (For the last year he has kicked up a fuss EVERY NIGHT and he is doing it now.) The neighbours are yet to complain but I think it is something to do with us being 4 black girls in the house. /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

I moisturize at night and in the morning. I try to use something water based(lately that has been Elasta QP Mango Butter) followed by my shea pomade then wrap. In the morning I've been using my new find...jojoba oil. If I'm wearing it natural I rinse with distilled water then follow this with a leave in of a moistuizer and oil and CDHHB. In the morning I use jojoba oil.(my new love /images/graemlins/love.gif ).

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
londongirl3 said:
I know this is going off tangent but just to explain...... my cat has three legs and is blind in one eye. This was not the way I got him. He always roams around the neighbourhood and goes around fighting with dogs!! Ofcourse night time is the time he wants to go out but he can't do it anymore because he can't afford to lose another leg. So he gets angry and scampers around the house spraying everything in site. I got my own back and sprayed him back with water. (hehe /images/graemlins/grin.gif). That stops him atleast from stinking up the house but he will cry for hours (For the last year he has kicked up a fuss EVERY NIGHT and he is doing it now.) The neighbours are yet to complain but I think it is something to do with us being 4 black girls in the house. /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I just busted out laughing so hard, my kids ran in here asking me what was so funny!!! /images/graemlins/rofl.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/rofl.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/rofl.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

wow! thanks for all of the replies girls! I'm gonna have to break down and try s-curl at night-an hour before bed as suggested. I had thought about using it but thought "wet scarf". didnt occur to do it an hour before! Adrienne I wanna try your baggie thing but I gotta sneak it by my hubby or else I'm gonna hear his snickering all night! I also never thought about using coconut oil and water at night. hmmm....

i use scurl and pup the spray at my roots to keep the soft and then the whole length esp. the ends. seal it in with coconut oil or profective and then vaseline sometimes. at 6 weeks into a relaxer my main style is the twíst out so i do that right after and tie with scarf. i also use castor oil for my edges as well b4 i sleep.

Unfortunately me and Mr S Curl don't on. I use Care Free Curl Gol activator. I take my ponytail down before I go to bed. Saturate my hair with CFCG from roots to ends, then on top of that I put Profectiv Break Free (purple) on my hair. Once the pony goes back up I spray with natures shine oil and put the scarf on and get to my bed.

Wrap hair, spray with Ultra Black Hair Dew, smooth on Mango Butter and hit the sack. In the morning, rub small amount of mango butter throughout hair, style and finish w/Elucence shine or arosci shine.

Londongirl, u are killing me with your cat. I am LMAO /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif. I just can't picture u fighting with a disabled cat!!!! /images/graemlins/rofl.gif /images/graemlins/rofl.gif /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Godzooki /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Well you know what I am going to say, but here it goes...I slather vaseline on my ends braid and tuck and sometimes I put a scarf on my head. I do sleep on a satin pillow case though (every night). But that is about it!

-lee

I always moisturize before bed. I have been using either S-Curl or Elucence mixed with with water (as a watery leave-in) then pull my hair back into a loose ponytail and cover it with a satin wrap/scarf. This is about 1-2 hours before bed though.

I use world of curls on my hair &amp; on the ends vaseline. I twist my hair put it in a bun then pin, tie with a silk scarf &amp; sleep.Happy Hair Grwoing! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Adrienne,
You use vaseline /images/graemlins/shocked.gif on your ends? What about it's petrolatum content. Do clarify please because I have an ultrasheen cream that I don't use because of the petrolatum thingy.
Peace

At night I put Wildgrowth hair oil in my hair then I take a paddle brush and brush my hair a few times than I wrap it and put on a silk scarf.

If my hair needs it I use a conditioning scalp spray on called "Leisure Curl". I also put carrot oil on my ends if needed. Then I put my silk scarf on.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
londongirl3 said:
I am busy fighting with my cat.

[/ QUOTE ]

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL omg thats y i am so scared to let my cats roam the neighborhood. and one of them just loves the outdoors so we put him on a leash and let him roam around the backyard or walk him on a leash down the streets...yes weird I know.

anyways, I put vitamin E oil on the ends and slap on a satin bonnet while letting the length hang down inside the bonnet. I'm trying to get away from wrapping for a while.

I use Elasta QP's mango butter or wild growth oil if I'm close to washing it because the wild growth can be a little heavy.

Fashionista -

Is the Motions Moisture Enhancing Hairdressing heavy and does it make the hair strands stick together?

i don't put anything in my hair before going to bed. what i do is bend over so all my hair is hanging down and then i make a bun right on top of my head, kinda loose, and then i secure it with two clamps. this way my ends are not rubbing against the pillow, my hair is out the way, and the next morning it's not tangled. this is the best so far for me.

I apply jojoba oil to my finger-tips and massage my scalp.
I do this every night with or without the jojoba oil.
I apply Elasta QP Mango Butter to my hair~mostly the ends
and then I wrap my hair. I apply castor oil to my temple area and wear a satin bonnet.

Lightly mist with distilled water &amp; pure glycerine, make a loose bun, cover in a satin bonnet then it's off to bed
smile.gif

Now, it's jojoba rosemary oil and castor oil. Roller roll and then wrap in the morning. When I wrap at night, my hair is too flat in the morning.

Back