How do you moisturize your hair when done daily?

Paris Belle

I noticed the other day, that when I moisturize my hair (and I do this daily) kind of comb my hair all back and slab the stuff on..I would make sure it was concentrated on my ends, roots and throughout the hair but I wasn't really getting ALL of my hair moisturized. And by the end of the day it was still kind of dry in some, if not all parts.

Instead, I came to the realization that I should probably section my hair or comb it down in the doobie style (the way it is cut) to moisturize it before styling and before going to bed. This way, all of my hair gets moisturized.

Well I did it and I cannot believe how effective it was. I don't know if I'm the last person on earth/or this board to do/realize this, but I just wanted to share with you all. And to ask: How do you moisturize your hair daily? (And not necessarily what product you use, but how you apply it?)

BTW, I usually spray water or Pantene's light conditioner spray followed by Motions oil moisturizer and now Profective Break Free. Most of the time, I'll seal the ends with hair grease.

you hair looks great no matter HOW you moisturize it... I'm telling ya'll It was raining the day of the NYC meet and her hair was perfect (no frizz, her ends stayed curled, hair remained sleek)!

Since i dont like to comb my hair much i uaually slather it on and part like for sections and hope for the best

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
CarmenRose said:
I noticed the other day, that when I moisturize my hair (and I do this daily) kind of comb my hair all back and slab the stuff on..I would make sure it was concentrated on my ends, roots and throughout the hair but I wasn't really getting ALL of my hair moisturized. And by the end of the day it was still kind of dry in some, if not all parts.

Instead, I came to the realization that I should probably section my hair or comb it down in the doobie style (the way it is cut) to moisturize it before styling and before going to bed. This way, all of my hair gets moisturized.

Well I did it and I cannot believe how effective it was. I don't know if I'm the last person on earth/or this board to do/realize this, but I just wanted to share with you all. And to ask: How do you moisturize your hair daily? (And not necessarily what product you use, but how you apply it?)

BTW, I usually spray water or Pantene's light conditioner spray followed by Motions oil moisturizer and now Profective Break Free. Most of the time, I'll seal the ends with hair grease.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's the way I do it.... then I do just the middle of my hair down with my own pomade...unless I doing the wash and go or rinse and go...)

Awww Beana..Thanks for the compliment..
blush.gif

But it only looked like that b/c it was freshly washed...You should see me a few days after that...
crazy.gif
It doesn't look bad, but it's noticeably dry to me..

BTW..Thanks for that Profective Breakfree stuff..It worked very well with me...Why didn't you like it?

the profectiv was too gooey for me. I leaves a horrible film on my hair, i hink i was using a bit too much though.
It actually caused tangles b/c my hair would attract dust and the dust would tangle with my hair, AND i washed 2x's a week!
I'm glad you like it! i love their anti thining scalp stuff though, i'm on my way to buy more.

every morning i spray all my hair with either my pantene spray conditioner or infusium. then i comb it back or make a side or middle part and put it in a ponytail. then i use my monoi oil and put it on my pony tail and also smooth it on the front hair. then i put it in a braid. this routine works pretty good for me.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
beana3 said:
you hair looks great no matter HOW you moisturize it... I'm telling ya'll It was raining the day of the NYC meet and her hair was perfect (no frizz, her ends stayed curled, hair remained sleek)!

[/ QUOTE ]
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

it is sooo funny that you just asked me this cause i was gonna start a thread on this today but then i didn't. i was gonna ask if anybody else here on this board use monoi oil on their hair. it is really great and makes your hair so so so soft. here is a link for you.
i think now i will start a thread....
grin.gif

http://mailorderhawaii.com/monoioil.html

I use dew, mostly I part down the middle (not all the way) just to crown. I use a comb to separate the strands (combing outward) and mist as I go with the dew til the ends. 2 front setions then the back. That's when I'm not being lazy other times i just spray all over and use coconut oil to seal.

Last night It seem drier than usaul I used liv put in my hands and rubbed and then rubbed it on my hair, tied up and my hair felt moist all day.

I spray all over lifting my hair so that it gets underneath and concentrate on the ends with Suaves leave in conditioner then apply oil. Right now I'm testing out Africa's Best with good results.

Wow, these were the good ol' days when I was dedicated to my hair..I'm such a slacker now /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Thanks for bumping this Poohbear. Can I say that these days I'm so caught up that I don't even moisturize my hair at night now..Gasp...I know, it's sad.

I usually wear my hair up during the week -- I twist the ends under and clip, or make a bun. But first, I apply some of my creamy leave-in (Aveda Elixir), serum (Proclaim Glossing Polish) and Moisture (Care Free Curl Gold Activator) to my hands, rub together and apply from top to ends.. I may add more to the ends some days. Then, after securing, I spray really well with my oil/conditioner mixture and follow with Elasta QP H20 Mist. My hair looks really wet then, but by the time I get in the car to go to work, it's well absorbed, and at the end of the day, the ends are still nice and moisturised. It's never greasy, which is something I worry about because of co-workers who like to tap me on the head to interrupt me at work. It's soft and smooth to the touch. This really works, sometimes I use QP Mango Butter or Profective Break-free on the ends only (the goop-iness is certified!! so to avoid the dust-attraction and tangles, I only use to seal the last 1-2 inches of hair). I also use this routine at night to restore my hair after a bedtime wash, and then wrap it for bed.

I part my hair into fours and apply from root to ends, applying more to my dryer areas (right side). /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I spray the nape area, the front and top exposed crown area and my length with my own moisturizing spray. Then, I rub a little Hair Milk on my nape, front and crown areas. I pin my hair up and sleep with a satin scarf. This has been working well. I don't bother parting anymore b/c I know the areas "inside" stay moist anyway.

Wow, this is great advice. I hardly ever oil/moisturize my hair. Only on wash days before slicking it back. Not at all if I were to wear it down until the other day. There is so much to learn on this site!

Lately, I've been finger sectioning &amp; spraying. Most of my moisturizers goes on the top/exposed hair &amp; ends.

Normally, I finger section in 4 or 5 spots, lift the hair and spray top &amp; bottom until hair is slightly damp. Then lightly apply coconut oil all over. Put in loose ponytail &amp; cover with silk scarf for bed. In the morning I repeat the process, put in a sleeker ponytail, concentrate more oil on the ponytail part &amp; then cover with a phony-pony.

[ QUOTE ]
CarmenRose said:
Wow, these were the good ol' days when I was dedicated to my hair..I'm such a slacker now /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the feeling /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif ever since Ive started nursing school I havent had the time to dedicate to my hair like I used to and it shows. I used to wash and deep condition every 3-4 days, and I was journeling everything I was doing. Now Im lucky if I get to it once a week or so.

Ive gotta try harder...I could actually study while under the dryer but a lot of it is tiredness and lazyness.

oh well at least Im doing a lot of protective styles because Im too busy to actually "do" my hair most of the time.

[ QUOTE ]
Isha said:
Look,

I am broke..........I cannot be buying anymore products. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too /images/graemlins/tongue.giferplexed:

Back