How B was your BC??

Miel

I often wonder, what length is the average for a BC? How much did you chop off and how much was remaining?

I ask because I'm in that awkward phase where I have about 2 inch natural and I wondering how I will look with a TWA. I'm seriously thinking of transitioning without the BC since so many LHCFers have done this successfully.

But please share...How B was your BC??

When I bc'ed I cut it to the same length as my avatar which was necklength unstretched. I transitioned for 10 months. I was BSL b4 I cut it. I had a lot of problems getting used to my new length but wearing it ot for about a month now (I hid it for 2 months) I love my new length.

I know a lot of ppl do it around 6 months or even earlier. I think it is just a personal choice for each person. A lot of ppl seem to have bc'ed when they were only trimming or trying to see the texture in some parts but decided to just finish the whole job, thats what happened to me.

Last edited:
Looking back on it mine was big....... Thanks to all the ladies and there tips I grow my hair past my shoulder of once in my life......:yep:. But before my Graduation from College I went in the mirror and cut of all my hair:blush:
It was 5 months after my last relaxer I had about 2 inches of new growth

pretty big. I was at about sl stretched and went down to about ear length stretched which was the shortest my hair has ever been. I didn't relaly wear it out though. As soon as I bc'd I was in twists or braids for the next year or so. :ohwell:

My hair wasn't that long to begin with. It was grazing my shoulder. I probably chopped about 8-9 inches in the longest spots. I was left with about 2 inches of hair (5.5 months worth of growth)

When I bc'ed I cut it to the same length as my avatar which was necklength unstretched. I transitioned for 10 months. I was BSL b4 I cut it. I had a lot of problems getting used to my new length but wearing it ot for about a month now (I hid it for 2 months) I love my new length.

I know a lot of ppl do it around 6 months or even earlier. I think it is just a personal choice for each person. A lot of ppl seem to have bc'ed when they were only trimming or trying to see the texture in some parts but decided to just finish the whole job, thats what happened to me.

That's what happened to me too. I just wanted to see what it would look like so I started chopping pieces in the back. Before I knew it all my hair was gone.

I transitioned for 5 months and then cut off the relaxed hair. I didn't like the scabby natural hair, so the next morning I went to the barber and had him cut it all off. I had a boy cut without the lining. The hair was about a quarter of an inch long.

I transitioned for 5 months and then cut off the relaxed hair. I didn't like the scabby natural hair, so the next morning I went to the barber and had him cut it all off. I had a boy cut without the lining. The hair was about a quarter of an inch long.

Wow! That took some real conviction MJ! I wish I had the guts to do that!

Thank you ladies for the motivation!

Wow! That took some real conviction MJ! I wish I had the guts to do that!

Thank you ladies for the motivation!

Lol. Thanks. That was my second big chop and I was happy to have some hair. With my first big chop, I'd actually cut off the relaxed hair and then shaved my head with a bic razor (I was going through a rough time) :spinning: (glad that's over).

My biggest BC was about 6 inches. But it wasn't to go natural; it was to get rid of damaged hair. The BC for my natural journey was gradual. Just a couple of inches at a time.

Back