What did you do with your hair after the BC? Any regrets??? (BC Support)

What did you do with your hair after the BC? Any Regrets?

• I rocked it!!! What you see is what you get!

Votes: 100 74.1%
  • I weaved/braided it!!! My BC is for my eyes only! lol.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I'd rather not think about it. I completely regret the day I did the BC!

Votes: 14 10.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TrendySocialite

I BC'ed on Saturday and have been rockin it ever since! In a way, it's like I'm hazing myself into having some self-confidence so I refuse to cover it up with anything. I'm determined to learn about my hair and what she does and doesn't like. So far I got nothing but it's only been a few days so I'm trying to have some patience. No styling (I only have a quarter of an inch after shrikage) just stepped my earrings game up

I agree with the bolded. I'm going to learn what my hair does so I can maximize its potential. I'm doing twist outs and I love it. I get so many compliments on it. My parents have been a bit silent...even my super conservative uncle likes it. LOL

Now that I've done it, I'm pleased. It's super soft so I am very pleased.

nysister

I'm now 5 weeks post BC. I still wear a TWA and I love it. I bought a couple of headbands...okay 5, and I will get around to wearing them, but for now WYSIWYG and I love that.

Yetta

I'm having problems keeping my twa moisterized....the stuff I used on my relaxed hair is too heavy, it flatens the curl and turns my hair white! For now I'm just living w/ my gumby shaped dry jerri curl look....sigh... But I still like my little curls

BostonMaria

Re: What did you do with your hair after the BC? Any regrets??? (BC SUPPORT THREAD)

Maybe I'm just bored after the BC and that's why I'm starting this post. Nevertheless, I want to hear some of your big chop stories and what did you do with your hair style-wise to get through the change? I don't regret the chop (for the health of myhair), but I am a little bored already because my style options are limited, lol. Tell me about your experience...did you regret it, or was it worth it?

I couldn't even get my hair in a ponytail after the BC. I had to go to work the next day so I put some fantasia IC gel on my hair and slapped on a headband. I had no idea what I was doing.

I had absolutely no regrets. I was so happy, haven't looked back since.

OT: Boston Maria, your SIG is too cute!! I died laughing when I read the quote! :lachen:

Is there anyone here who's hair DOESN'T like the cantu shea butter leave-in? What do you use instead?

babs19

i am 2months post i cant wait to BC but im trying to transistion for as long as possible. This thread is great.

Prudent1

I too had a scissor happy stylist I'd only gone to a couple of times before. Needless to say I haven't been back to her since!! I had some damage due to stress and just didn't understand my hair's needs. Like many of us on the forum, I believed a lot of the hair myths of our culture. :perplexed:My hair (which had always been an inch or two past SL for most of my life) suffered b/c my ignorance. Shortly after the BC I found this forum. :yep: Wow what a difference!! :grin:

Smiley79

Reviving this post...I want to hear some BC stories. For some reason I'm confused by a lot of blogs or YT videos where naturals stress that you don't have to BC to go natural but to me there are times that I feel like skipping the transitioning phase and go straight for the BC. Not sure yet, but it's definitely a thought from time to time. I just need enough hair on my head to do braids and sew ins if I want to.

Also, have any of you ever done a half Big Chop, lol, if that makes any sense. Chop off your hair but left enough to do protective styling? just curious.

Smiley79

I had started another thread along the line of this topic and forgot that I had already started this one a while back. Oops. :)

Beverly Ann Properties

No regrets whatsoever. I used Ecostyler for my edges and wore headbands. I also wore puffs, and latter wore wigs as my protective style. I am still wearing wigs as my protective style and aiming for BSL in 2011. The health of my hair is awesome. I am just being patient and letting my hair grow~

TrueSugar

I wished I had better styling options, like understanding that you can shape you tea for a more feminine look.