What did you do with your hair after the BC? Any regrets??? (BC Support)

What did you do with your hair after the BC? Any Regrets?

• I rocked it!!! What you see is what you get!

Votes: 100 74.1%
  • I weaved/braided it!!! My BC is for my eyes only! lol.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I'd rather not think about it. I completely regret the day I did the BC!

Votes: 14 10.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

melodies815

I cut off all my relaxer in March. For some reason, my brain believes it was in February, but it's only been 3 months as of the 12th of June.

Story: I had been going back and forth about whether or not I was transitioning and had actually stretched my relaxer 6 months in twists. My hair was so healthy. I rushed and got a relaxer in February but did not leave it in very long. I immediately regretted the relaxer. So...March 12th, 2009 I BC'd. I may have spent a couple of days not knowing what to do with my hair and wanting it to look "better" but I think that was just my mind transitioning to the fact that I had lost all my length and the texture was so radically different from a relaxer. I got micros for a week and missed my hair.

Since late March, I have worn my own hair, learned the styles that work best for me at this length, and I LOVE IT!!! It's so healthy. Nothing is split. Nothing is breaking. Shedding is barely noticeable.

No regrets at all here! I hope to be SL by the end of the year. We'll see...

ToyToy

I rocked it. I had no other choice. I don't wear weaves or wigs, and my hair was too short to braid (less than half an inch). It was very weird and took me a month to get used to. Now, three years later, it was the best hair decision I have ever made! :)

Oasis

grabbing life by the pussy
I rocked, well I wouldn't say rocked it because I hide it for a month under hats. Finally I shaved 5.5 months of growth off. I really wish I would have transitioned longer because I had no clue how to handle short hair. I left it in a fade for a few months.

When that hair started growing back and I had a TWA I put kinky twists. When I didn't have kinky twists in I would flat twist the front and leave the back out.

I do regret my second BC because my hair would be about 4.5 inches longer than it is now. Oh well.

Ronnieaj

I transitioned for 7 months before my BC, but my stylist REFUSED to cut all the relaxed ends off, because I'd have no style. In retrospect, I'm grateful, because my hair was bangin! I cut all the relaxed ends off 3 months later. I did twists, wng's, occasionally straightened. I tried coils which were DARLING on all of my 4a hair. My 4b hair won't hold the coil though, so that didn't work too well. I will say that I had relaxed hair for 20 years, and have been an adult natural for one. I do more with my hair now than I EVER did relaxed. I'm not a braid/weave/wig person, so that wasn't an option. But I have more fun now than ever.

TemiLnd

BC'd after 13months of transitioning.
i rocked it for a month then braided it. No regrets just had a hard time understanding the shrinkage.
Still getting used to it. I think ill be happier once I can put it in a ponytail, till then its gona be braided etc...

sky_blu

How did you all moisturize your hair?? I just BCed today like 3 hours ago and I really have a TWA. My cousin (whose my stylist) said it looks cute but Im still looking weird to myself. I dont know if I want to cover it or rock it because Im not used to it yet and its SO dang on dry. Its like my hair eats every ounce of moisture I put in it.

NaturallyMo

I did my BC 4/1/09. I braided it up 2 days later and kept those in for about 6 weeks. I've just been wearing a wash and go with a headband so far. Still trying to get my moisture regime down. I'm planning on twisting it up today though.

lusciousladie07

How did you all moisturize your hair?? I just BCed today like 3 hours ago and I really have a TWA. My cousin (whose my stylist) said it looks cute but Im still looking weird to myself. I dont know if I want to cover it or rock it because Im not used to it yet and its SO dang on dry. Its like my hair eats every ounce of moisture I put in it.

There are a number of ways to moisturize... shea butter, coconut oil... I use these and Hawaiian silky 14-1....Also.. a good leave in is a must. I use sally's knockoff of Paul Mitchell "the conditioner" and seal it with a oil. Also.. co-washing has helped me tremendously...I use ausie moist.. Love IT. If you feel like your hair is drinking up moisture.. you may want to use Roux Porosity Control..That has helped me out as well.. You get the best benefits when used over time. What I do is co-wash, rinse.. leave the PC in while I bath and then rinse..When dry=VERY SOFT HAIR!!

Congrats on the BC... Where are the :pics:??

nysister

Stylewise...nothing. Right now it's a TWA, so it doesn't need it, and to be honest not having to style my hair was one of my goals. As it gets longer, I'll add a headband, and do some twist outs on occasion.

nysister

My BC was May 19th 2009 ---
So far for moisture it's one of the following (I like to mix it up)

- Glycerine and Water
- Shea and Coconut Butter mix
- Dr Miracle's leave in conditioner
- I'm experimenting with just using Vitamin E or Jojoba and I'm going to to the Aloe and Oil experiment next week.

sky_blu

There are a number of ways to moisturize... shea butter, coconut oil... I use these and Hawaiian silky 14-1....Also.. a good leave in is a must. I use sally's knockoff of Paul Mitchell "the conditioner" and seal it with a oil. Also.. co-washing has helped me tremendously...I use ausie moist.. Love IT. If you feel like your hair is drinking up moisture.. you may want to use Roux Porosity Control..That has helped me out as well.. You get the best benefits when used over time. What I do is co-wash, rinse.. leave the PC in while I bath and then rinse..When dry=VERY SOFT HAIR!!

Congrats on the BC... Where are the :pics:??

Thanks! Im in the process of updating my Fotki now LOL I finally added titles to the albums just have to take the pics of my camera. Im going to get some coconut oil in a minute but where is everyone finding the glycerin at? I can't find any. Just found a place I can buy coconut oil at.

Smiley79

It's so funny, at first I wanted to hide it because I didn't know what to do with it...now, I'm on roll rocking so many different looks while I await my hair to grow out. The funny part is that the Mega-Tek and Bee Mine are giving me so much new growth that I don't think I'll be enijoying the BC for too long...lol.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I did my BC Friday after about 3 months of transitioning.. so I have a baby twa. I rocked it over the weekend, but have been wigged out for the work week.. I do not think I'm ready yet to come out for my coworkers.. but give me about 2 more inches and its on!!

sky_blu

I did my BC Friday after about 3 months of transitioning.. so I have a baby twa. I rocked it over the weekend, but have been wigged out for the work week.. I do not think I'm ready yet to come out for my coworkers.. but give me about 2 more inches and its on!!

We are here ---> <---- come Monday I will be doing the same thing. So far everybody has given me the thumbs up but I'm still not that comfortable.

keepithealthy

I just bc'd after 4 months of transitioning. I've been rocking my twa! Flowers, barretts and headbands :grin:
I don't regret my bc at all. I think if I woke up in the morning with my long straight hair I would cry:sad:

SweetSpirit86

It's been...3ish weeks post BC I think, and I'm rockin' it out!:lachen:I will say though...I won't walk out the house without some big ol' hoops or dangly earrings. My grandma mistook me for my brother a couple weeks ago at his graduation so I think that kinda took it's toll on me...don't want people mistaking me for a boy...which I don't know how she did with this rack on me anyways!

Either way, I'm thoroughly enjoying my hair, and learning all she has to teach me. Right now...she's yelling at me to moisturize..:rolleyes:Though I do wish I hadn't been so impatient...I'd like some more inches hehe

Last edited:

Sweet1977

This thread is GREAT. I am going to my stylist tomorrow to get my BC done. I am nervous, can't lie about that, but am so tired of the 2 textures.

LongHairNWaiting

My first 3 weeks...heck yes! I was regretting it b/c I had to start all over finding new products that work! But, I am leading into my 4th week (and a lil hair growth...lol), and after watching "several" youtube rolls, etc...I am finally getting down a reggie.

I'm loving my TWA - Short~n~sassy...:grin:

1QTPie

Elder Sim
I never regretted it, I was relieved. I rocked it 100%. The most that I did to style it was wear a headband. I want to do it again soon.

I BC'ed on Saturday and have been rockin it ever since! In a way, it's like I'm hazing myself into having some self-confidence so I refuse to cover it up with anything. I'm determined to learn about my hair and what she does and doesn't like. So far I got nothing but it's only been a few days so I'm trying to have some patience. No styling (I only have a quarter of an inch after shrikage) just stepped my earrings game up

silenttullip

I regret not letting it grow out more, not doing research, and doing it cause other people made me instead of on my own. I'm happy I did it now cause it's the one thing I started in my life that I actually finished besides high school lol.
So now, I still want to do different things to my hair like wear it straight or have it long again but I think of how much healthier my hair is now
Focus on your hair's present and look to the future.

Dee Raven

I regret not letting it grow out more, not doing research, and doing it cause other people made me instead of on my own. I'm happy I did it now cause it's the one thing I started in my life that I actually finished besides high school lol.
So now, I still want to do different things to my hair like wear it straight or have it long again but I think of how much healthier my hair is now
Focus on your hair's present and look to the future.

I totally agree with the highlighted portion. My hair was only like an inch when I bc'd and that was way too short for me. My new rule is never to cut below MBL, not that I've finally reached it. My natural hair is much easier to manage at the longer length.

AnotherLevel

I first BC'd on 6/19/09 after 6.5 months of transitioning. However, I went to a woman who apparently was not experienced in doing a BC and she left my hair very uneven. I then went to a barber on 6/24/09 to get it evened out and "shaped". He gave me a fade. Really. A fade! I was a little nervous about the first BC but quicky got over it by Day 2. Now this one... it's taking a little longer but it gets better every day. Overall, I am fine... but really looking forward to seeing it grow out.

TrendySocialite

I'm rocking it...I BC'd on Friday night...

Sweet1977

AnotherLevel: I got my BC on 6-25-09 and it's obvious that my stylist wasn't comfy doing it herself. I am adjusting and want to let a barber shape it better and everything, but am a little nervous so I am going to work with what I have right now.

AnotherLevel

AnotherLevel: I got my BC on 6-25-09 and it's obvious that my stylist wasn't comfy doing it herself. I am adjusting and want to let a barber shape it better and everything, but am a little nervous so I am going to work with what I have right now.

Congrats on your BC!! I think that's a good idea (to work with what you have). You could even let it grow out for just a little bit, and then get it "shaped". That way you won't lose as much length. At first, I wished I'd done this... but I have to say that now I really like my hair. I love that it is even and I feel better about it (the shortness, that is) every day. So, either way I think you'll be fine. The best news is it is all natural and very healthy. As long as we take care of our hair, the sky is the limit!:yep: