HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 2011

Lita

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

Last night oiled the length with sesame seed....Feels so nice & soft...

Happy Hair Growing!

faithVA

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

I am in this challenge and haven't been in here since January. :nono: So I am coming back in here for accountability sake and fessing up. I am recommitting.

My hair is currently in mini twists so I am going to seal my ends daily with sunflower oil and the my twists every 2 or 3 days with sunflower oil.

I will do a Chicoro's prepoo on my next shampoo day which will be the 1st weekend in May.

Gotta get back on track.

Ltown

Greyland

Used HV cocosta and moeske last night, will do prepoo with Chicoro tonight and use moeske!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center

faithVA

Welcome Back Girl. :wave:

Yes, Please stop in and post. It really does help keep you accountable to not only "Oiling" but Finishing up the Oils you're trying to get rid of.

Some of the Ladies (including myself) has had Excellent Progress. So Don't be a Stranger.:grin:

We will be restarting May 1st - August 31st, so please join us.

chelseatiara

oil and sealed the other day and last night with grapeseed oil..

faithVA

@faithVA

Welcome Back Girl. :wave:

Yes, Please stop in and post. It really does help keep you accountable to not only "Oiling" but Finishing up the Oils you're trying to get rid of.

Some of the Ladies (including myself) has had Excellent Progress. So Don't be a Stranger.:grin:

We will be restarting May 1st - August 31st, so please join us.

Thanks IDareT'sHair -- I am back right on time. :yep:

Amazhaan

faithVA

You sure are.

:poke:So, pull those Oils Out. That Plasic Cap, Heat Cap, Steamer......whatever it takes Cause we Gone get this Party Started May 1st

Yeah! Count me in too! I have been using oils, etc. But I really need to get focused on retaining length. I have started to just wear my 2- strand twists, regardless of how horrible they look... and I seal the ends with Grape Seed Oil nightly.

Sent from my DROIDX using Long Hair Care Forum App

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center

@Amazhaan

:welcome3:

I Got You Sis! So, is Grapeseed the only Oil you'll be using during this Challenge?

Or will you be using other Oils as well?

Also, will you just be Sealing or will you be incorporating HOTs and/Or Oil Rinses?

JerriBlank

Going to oil my hair lightly,focusing on the ends,cover with a plastic cap,then rinse in th shower tomorrow. I guess that's an oil rinse? I'm using my old castor/omega3,6,9 blend.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center

Going to oil my hair lightly,focusing on the ends,cover with a plastic cap,then rinse in th shower tomorrow. I guess that's an oil rinse? I'm using my old castor/omega3,6,9 blend.

JerriBlank

That sounds good. I had an Essential Fatty Acids (EFA) Oil of Omega 3,6,9. I never replaced it.

Girl....That right there was some gooooooood stuff:lick: :lick: :lick:

Amazhaan

IDareT'sHair...

Giiiiiiiiirl....I am in the PJ Challenge so I have quite a few oils.... :look:

I have the following:
- Grape Seed Oil
- Wheat Germ Oil
- Castor Oil
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil
- Argan Oil
- Jojoba Oil
- Apricot Kernel Oil
- Sweet Almond Oil
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil

And an KeraCare Essential Oil Mix...

I'll be using them with deep conditioners, oil rinses and sealing my ends.

Sent from my DROIDX using Long Hair Care Forum App

Shay72

Natural, 4A

Hairveda has an Omega 369 oil.

I steamed with sweet almond oil. It seems as if it is a never ending supply of oil in that bottle. It's looking like it may take me through May.

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey

I'm still oiling my scalp with the QB amla pomade but have started to oil the length of my hair again with a mix of coconut and sesame oil. I really like the nutty smell of those two oils. I wont repurchase the sesame oil because I recently stumbled upon some of the ceramide threads and want some of those oils so bad now. Coconut oil will always be my favorite though. Why I stopped using it I have no idea.

sherann

Taking notes. Thanks for the knowledge ladies!

Lita

Combed my hair & only 4 hairs came out (Yeah) I haven't combed my hair sense Sunday difficult experience-Thanks Coffee oil scalp mix...Just did a light oil today with Brahmi on scalp...JBCO edges..Sesame seed on length...

Coffee oil mix-Camellia,Coffee,Burdock Root,Neem Leaf & little Emu...Gives a nice tingle on the scalp & makes the hair feel very soft....

*Garden Of Wisdom-Made this custom blend for me,they infused it for 4 weeks (Nice & Strong)

*Only thing I added was (Emu) because, I have a lot of it....Didn't have to buy any...

Happy Hair Growing!

Ltown

Greyland

Combed my hair & only 4 hairs came out (Yeah) I haven't combed my hair sense Sunday difficult experience-Thanks Coffee oil scalp mix...Just did a light oil today with Brahmi on scalp...JBCO edges..Sesame seed on length...

Coffee oil mix-Camellia,Coffee,Burdock Root,Neem Leaf & little Emu...Gives a nice tingle on the scalp & makes the hair feel very soft....

*Garden Of Wisdom-Made this custom blend for me,they infused it for 4 weeks (Nice & Strong)

*Only thing I added was (Emu) because, I have a lot of it....Didn't have to buy any...

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita, did you infuse your coffee oil for a long time and did you use camellia as the carrier oil? I have some coffee beans but have yet infuse anything. I use my herbal tea bags with most of my infusion. You have some awesome oils mixtures. I'm slowly getting heal, but the shampoo is causing alot of shedding so I'm increasing my tea rinse and will co-wash for a couple of days and lay off of the shampoo since my scalp is doing better.

Lita

Lita, did you infuse your coffee oil for a long time and did you use camellia as the carrier oil? I have some coffee beans but have yet infuse anything. I use my herbal tea bags with most of my infusion. You have some awesome oils mixtures. I'm slowly getting heal, but the shampoo is causing alot of shedding so I'm increasing my tea rinse and will co-wash for a couple of days and lay off of the shampoo since my scalp is doing better.

Ltown Hi! No,I didn't infuse the coffee oil.This time,I ask Garden Of Wisdom to make it for me..The Camellia oil is the carrier/You can use coffee beans & your tea bags...(Coffee oil) was infused for 4 weeks (Nice & Strong) you feel it on your scalp...

*I'm glad your scalp is recovering...May-be you should use a detangling baby shampoo,When I was having (scalp) issues re-thyroid,I would use baby shampoo & it works...

*If you send [email protected] email/They will give you instructions about oil infusions...

The actual site it www.gardenofwisdom.com They have a forum about mixing & using natural products...

Happy Hair Growing!

Ltown

Greyland

@Ltown Hi! No,I didn't infuse the coffee oil.This time,I ask Garden Of Wisdom to make it for me..The Camellia oil is the carrier/You can use coffee beans & your tea bags...(Coffee oil) was infused for 4 weeks (Nice & Strong) you feel it on your scalp...

*I'm glad your scalp is recovering...May-be you should use a detangling baby shampoo,When I was having (scalp) issues re-thyroid,I would use baby shampoo & it works...

*If you send [email protected] email/They will give you instructions about oil infusions...

The actual site it www.gardenofwisdom.com They have a forum about mixing & using natural products...

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita, baby shampoo that excellent suggestion! thanks!
Oh I'll be looking at Gardens I've been there before for skin products but never order.

Lita

Lita, baby shampoo that excellent suggestion! thanks!
Oh I'll be looking at Gardens I've been there before for skin products but never order.

Ltown Please Keep Us Posted....

Happy Hair Growing!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center

Moisturized with Hydratherma Naturals Lotion and Sealed with Hairveda's Avosoya Oil.

beana

I use oil rinses with every wash and can attest to the cumulative effect it has had on my hair. My hair is much silkier and smoother. As as someone who is 10 months post and transitioning to natural, its amazing how much an extra 2-3 mins can change your hair.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center

I use oil rinses with every wash and can attest to the cumulative effect it has had on my hair. My hair is much silkier and smoother. As as someone who is 10 months post and transitioning to natural, its amazing how much an extra 2-3 mins can change your hair.

@beana

Great Post!

Thanks Beana for sharing Your Progress & Your Results.:grin:

Please Continue to Keep Us Updated!:yep:

Shay72

Natural, 4A

Will be using SSI Marshmallow Hair Cream on the length of my hair in a bit.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center

Will Seal my Moisture in today with HV Avosoya Oil.

Shay72

Natural, 4A

Doing a hot with sweet almond oil now, will rinse, then cowash.

Lita

Just got an email from Jasmines Bath and Beauty-she is having a Mothers Day SALE-CODE:mommy at check-out & a free sample...

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita

For the Ayurvedic oil lovers...Tattvas Herbs Organics is having a 35% off plus free shipping until Tuesday May 4th 2011..Discount code-Planet at check-out...

*On all products/They have a great selection of natural remedies...

I use the Super--Critical (Herbal Hair Oil) ingredients-Neem.Maka,Gotu Kola (Brahmi),Cyperus,Jati chetika,Gunja,Dhatura,Jeshtimadu...Infused in Sesame seed oil...

*Its light & have a soft sweet scent,when applied to the scalp it has a cooling effect..I LIKE IT..

www.tattvasherbs.com

Happy Hair Growing!