HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 2011

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

Will Use Pure Argan and Hydratherma Naturals Oil(s) tonight.

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

Hi Ladies:

I have a dumb question. I read through some of the 60 pages of this topic, but where do you ladies/gents purchase your oils from? health food stores? Ethnic stores? I went to my local beauty supply store and all I see is Shea butter, jojoba oil, tea tree, and cocoa butter. Some I can find on amazon.com. But I rather purchase it from a store so I can feel and smell it. I would like to try argan oil, sweet almond oil or avocado oil. Is there a location that has recipes on creating certain oils? Also, is there a list of what each oil accomplishes or what benefits on hair?

Any information that is given is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I got mine from GNC and Vitamin Shoppe. You can also get them from Whole Foods.

Did my pre-poo & D/C with oils yesterday. Prolonged rinsing in the shower prevented any extra oiliness today :)

Hi Ladies:

I have a dumb question. I read through some of the 60 pages of this topic, but where do you ladies/gents purchase your oils from? health food stores? Ethnic stores? I went to my local beauty supply store and all I see is Shea butter, jojoba oil, tea tree, and cocoa butter. Some I can find on amazon.com. But I rather purchase it from a store so I can feel and smell it. I would like to try argan oil, sweet almond oil or avocado oil. Is there a location that has recipes on creating certain oils? Also, is there a list of what each oil accomplishes or what benefits on hair?

Any information that is given is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

@fiyaerks, you can check whole foods, in your area there maybe a natural food store, vitamin shoppe carry essntial oils, gnc, i get my vegetable oils from grocery stores or TJmax like almond, avacodo, sesame, sunflower and walnut.

Ltown

When do you think you'll be trying that Mozeke Oil?

Interested in what you think.:grin:

Oiled scalp with Claudie's Elixir.

Ltown

When do you think you'll be trying that Mozeke Oil?

Interested in what you think.:grin:

IDareT'sHair, probably not for a couple of weeks. I'm still working my flaky dry scalp with some of the other oil mix. I don't want to waste quality oils on my hair right now, i'm washing every other day and using most as prepoo. I will let you know, it will probably be in 2 weeks hopefully i will have little or no flakes.

@IDareT'sHair, probably not for a couple of weeks. I'm still working my flaky dry scalp with some of the other oil mix. I don't want to waste quality oils on my hair right now, i'm washing every other day and using most as prepoo. I will let you know, it will probably be in 2 weeks hopefully i will have little or no flakes.

Ltown

Are you still using the stuff from the Derm?:sad:

Ltown

Are you still using the stuff from the Derm?:sad:

IDareT'sHair, yes it's working i have a little flake but it only been 2 weeks from the last visit. That way i'm using all my other oils to saturate the hair and scalp. The derma stuff is not for everyday because of steriods.

Omg Shay72 and IDareT'sHair, I didn't see you guys' mentions! *shameface*. My bestie uses my acct to lurk,and i think she clicks my notifications to get rid of them. Lol. Sorry ladies! If I hadn't decided to catch up in here,I wouldn't have noticed them!

Okay,onto the business at hand,I finished a bottle of that shea butter reconstructive elixir.:look:. I went through it so quickly that I didn't even realize it! I'm laying off it now.lol. I have been sealing with some Ojon restorative treatment,and I also did a HOT with it last night. I won't repurchase this anytime soon. I forgot my natural hair doesn't love it like my relaxed hair did.
IDareT'sHair,a new TJMaxx opened in my area,and I went in just to browse. They had pure argan oil in the hair section.:blush:. It was forty bucks for about 4ozs. I want it.:yep:. I will not repurchase from camdengrey.

Omg @Shay72 and @IDareT'sHair, I didn't see you guys' mentions! *shameface*. My bestie uses my acct to lurk,and i think she clicks my notifications to get rid of them. Lol. Sorry ladies! If I hadn't decided to catch up in here,I wouldn't have noticed them!

Okay,onto the business at hand,I finished a bottle of that shea butter reconstructive elixir.:look:. I went through it so quickly that I didn't even realize it! I'm laying off it now.lol. I have been sealing with some Ojon restorative treatment,and I also did a HOT with it last night. I won't repurchase this anytime soon. I forgot my natural hair doesn't love it like my relaxed hair did.
@IDareT'sHair,a new TJMaxx opened in my area,and I went in just to browse. They had pure argan oil in the hair section.:blush:. It was forty bucks for about 4ozs. I want it.:yep:. I will not repurchase from camdengrey.

Interesting.:yep: JerriBlank

I may re-purchase from HennaSooq. Haven't decided.:perplexed

What I need it for, I may stick with CG. Not sure. But that's good to know about TJX.:grin: Thanks!

IDareT'sHair,I'm too scared to try hennasooq now.:sad:. If this in store argan oil is crappy,I sure will return it. Also, does anyone else find themselves trying to justify in store purchases,yet spend easily online?:perplexed:. Idk what's wrong with me. I looked at that oil and was like,hell nah that is too expensive! I have spent that much,and then some for the same thing on the innanets. Wth?

@IDareT'sHair,I'm too scared to try hennasooq now.:sad:. If this in store argan oil is crappy,I sure will return it. Also, does anyone else find themselves trying to justify in store purchases,yet spend easily online?:perplexed:. Idk what's wrong with me. I looked at that oil and was like,hell nah that is too expensive! I have spent that much,and then some for the same thing on the innanets. Wth?

JerriBlank

Gurl......Yes! I understand completely:lol: :lol: :lol:

Moisturized and Sealed twice today with Hydratherma Naturals

Steamed with sweet almond oil

Moisturized and Sealed with Hydratherma Naturals Leave-In, Lotion, Follicle Invigorator and Oil.

Pulled out my Hairveda Cocosta Oil. Will be using that and Hairveda Avosoya Oil for a while.:yep:

Will 'retire' my Hydratherma Naturals Oil until the Fall.

greased my ends and scalp for the first time in a very long time with Triple Gro lol. it was just sitting in my bathroom (my mom and sis use these products religiously)

Before washing this morning, I used some of my oil mix with garlic and amla.

Put on a little Oyin Dew and sealed with Afroveda Emu Jojoba shine oil.

Moisturized with Hydratherma Naturals Protein Balanced L-I and Sealed with Hairveda's Cocosta Oil.

My plan is to finish up a coupla' HTN products I have opened, and make the switch Spring/Summer to Hairveda.

Will go back to HTN in the fall.:yep:

Oiled dry hair with mahanarayan massage oil. Rinsed with warm water. Conditioned with Tigi Moisture Maniac, Pantene medium to thick. Rinsed, detangled with Skala Ceramides G3 conditioner and shower comb. Made double twists and air dried.

I got up and used some BFH Espresso Scalp cream and sealed up with some Emu/JBCO mix. This makes my hair very soft and shiny.

Under the Dryer but will use: Pure Argan and a little HV Cocosta Oil in a few.

Used castor oil but that made me itchy so today i used evoo.

Pullled out my Njoi Creations Sweet Coconut Pomade. It smells delish!:lick:

Just used some Njoi in Sweet Cocnut Pomade w/Acai Berry. It smells Amazing!

Doing a hot right now with shikakai oil, will rinse, do a tea rinse, then cowash.

I did a rinse with some warmed up grapeseed oil. Nice.

Back