HOTs, Oil Rinses, Ends/Scalp Sealing Challenge 5/1/11- 8/31/11

Oiled my hair and scalp with Hempseed then went all over again with Castor Oil. Tied my (no extensions) braids down and my hair is soft and silky.

I don't need to wash my hair but i am dying to try out an oil rinse with my Hempseed.

I did an overnight prepoo with EVOO. I applied the oil to the length of my hair and not my scalp.

I liked the results and will continue to experiment with applying the oil to the length of my hair only and allow the shower cap & bonnet to produce the natural oil from my scalp....similar to the greenhouse effect :grin:

Did an overnight pre-poo with grapeseed oil, only to the length of my hair.

This morning warmed and applied mix of coconut oil, lavender, eucalyptus, and vitamin e to my scalp only.

Finished up with a little vitamin e oil to the length of my hair.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using HTC Glacier

@billyne Chile...You might as well make it Official!:lol: Glad to have you.:yep:

We'll be Starting a New One Sept 1st - Dec 31st. I'll add you to the list.

And yes, I have seen a Difference since I've been doing the Hots, Sealing etc...My ends look alot better and overall Shine & Manageability.:yep:

Stay with it. What Oils are you using?:lick:

i'm using evco and jbco..my stash isn't as big as most of you guys..lol

i prepood with my coconut oil last night. today i'll detangle..deep condish on dry hair w/mixed chicks deep conditioner, shampoo w/joico and condish again with joico moisture balm. then i will oil with jbco. i just got 25 lbs of shea butter to sell @ work so i'm going to slather some of that on too. :drunk:

Just came back to say I just felt my hair after applying vitamin e oil for couple hours, and my hair feels soft and smooth.

I attached pics the vitamin e oil i'm using.

Here are some of the ingredients: Sunflower oil, safflower oil, rice bran oil, sweet almond oil, apricot oil, avocado oil, wheat germ oil... yummy! :lick:

Attachments

• DSC03208.jpeg
    DSC03208.jpeg
    27 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC03209.jpeg
    DSC03209.jpeg
    39.6 KB · Views: 8
my hair is pre-oiled with castor/coconut/mustard/sesame oils infused with ayurvedic herbs. I mixed up a paste of 50/50 henna/amla with aloe vera juice to apply after the dye release.

Hey oil ladies! I been mia, but just lazy on posting because i'm still using my oils, enso serum, mixture of jojoba oil, thyme, lavendar, peppermint, rosemary, cedarwood and sulfur for growth.

Washed out my henna paste and applied conditioner and castor oil to edges and ends, brushed with denman and braided hair.

My big jar of ayurvedic herbs infused in blend of oils is nearing the end. I mixed up another large jar with 2 boxes of maka powder, a bottle of sesame oil, 1/2 bottle vitamin E oil, bottle of Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil and topped jar off with Bertolli Extra Virgin olive. It is sitting on the lanai in the sun and will join the rotation in a couple of months.

Washed out my henna paste and applied conditioner and castor oil to edges and ends, brushed with denman and braided hair.

My big jar of ayurvedic herbs infused in blend of oils is nearing the end. I mixed up another large jar with 2 boxes of maka powder, a bottle of sesame oil, 1/2 bottle vitamin E oil, bottle of Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil and topped jar off with Bertolli Extra Virgin olive. It is sitting on the lanai in the sun and will join the rotation in a couple of months.

choctaw, when are you going to start your own line, you are mixtress for real:grin:

Lita Lawd Chile....Where the Debil You Been?:sad::welcome3:Back!!!!! We missed You!

IDareT'sHair...Hi! I have missed you guys too...
*I havent been on line in a while..I had a deth in my family & my DSL went out..

I still Wash/Dc my hair once-twice a week & I spritz it with spring water daily/Still oil & seal on regular...

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita I am sooooo happy you're back.:grin: Don't be disappearing.:nono: So sorry for your Loss tho'.:sad: I was just in U1 B1 and someone bought Plum Oil. I put myself on a Self-Imposed Oil Restriction until 2012.:blush:

Got my Pumpkin oil today. I ordered from From NWL and I also ordered from MRH to see if there was a difference. The first one has no smell at all.

Will be trying something new today after my henna - a HOT then cowash and DC.

Lita I am sooooo happy you're back.:grin: Don't be disappearing.:nono: So sorry for your Loss tho'.:sad: I was just in U1 B1 and someone bought Plum Oil. I put myself on a Self-Imposed Oil Restriction until 2012.:blush:

IDareT'sHair...Thank you...I'm glad to be back....

*Nonthing is wrong with restriction's...Especially when you see how much money you spent...I scaled back too...$$$$

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita I had been on a little Oil Binge. smh.:blush: I got several from Darcy's Botanicals i.e. Watermelon, Cherry, Peach & Pumpkin. I got that Pequi and some Black Cumin Seed. I got some Argan from Israel (but I think it's commercial grade:ohwell:). I got a coupla' growth aides 1 from Tiiva and 1 from Camille Rose. I have bought way too many oils.:spinning:

Lita I had been on a little Oil Binge. smh.:blush: I got several from Darcy's Botanicals i.e. Watermelon, Cherry, Peach & Pumpkin. I got that Pequi and some Black Cumin Seed. I got some Argan from Israel (but I think it's commercial grade:ohwell:). I got a coupla' growth aides 1 from Tiiva and 1 from Camille Rose. I have bought way too many oils.:spinning:

IDareT'sHair...From Darcy's the pumpkin is a great sealent/The peach i like better on my feet then in my hair....Watermelon worked best on my elbows...lol

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita Lawd Lita! Thanks for giving me the DB Break down on Body Parts.:lol: I'm on my 2nd Bottle of the Pumpkin Seed.:look: Fab had given me one a while back and then I purchased one:blush: I Lurve the Cherry:lick:

IDareT'sHair LMAOOO!!! You leave me alone and let me pout and complain in peace! :lachen:

It's your fault I bought it. You didn't warn me, this is all on you! :lachen:

tiffers Hmp.:rolleyes: Don't Blame me.:rolleyes: I saw you tryna' Get Your Ceramides On.:look: I don't even think I ever mentioned no durn WhGO.:blush: I knew that stuff was Funk'A.:lol: I was anxious to use it up. I Slapped it underneath condiitoners to hasten it's departure up & outta my Stash.:nono:

That's what I'm doing now, trying to use it the hell up ASAP.

I just can't seal with it, though. Lawd, I can't imagine baggying with this mess. :lol:

Oh! I got my Claudie stuff in the mail today! :pulpdance:

A rundown on the scents:

Ambrosia, Jamaican Paradise, Pearberry, Mango & Coconut, Strawberries & Champagne, Hello Sugar = :love:

Pineapple, Mango Kiwi, Hibiscus & Acai = :nono:

Vanilla Lace = Meh. :ohwell: I'm not too big a fan of vanilla, so IDK what provoked me to get this scent. :lol: But for anyone who's a fan of vanilla, this smells good.

Back