hair steamers - who has one?

Ok, I call them again and He said if you pay using credit or debit card it will be plus tax. Which will bring it to be $183.58. But if you are in the New York Area and you would like to come in the office. You can pay cash of $169.00.
Also if you send money order it would be $169.00 no tax. And the shipping is included.

You can call and talk to Joe Tel#212-686-8868.

Ok, I call them again and He said if you pay using credit or debit card it will be plus tax. Which will bring it to be $183.58. But if you are in the New York Area and you would like to come in the office. You can pay cash of $169.00.
Also if you send money order it would be $169.00 no tax. And the shipping is included.

Hmmmmm... :sekret:

Thank you both Niqy and Dayjoy (for the tabletop) info.

I want one...I just have to have one that I can put away and won't take up a lot of space.

I'll probably end up getting one of these. I can go to the store and check it out. I like that aspect!

Lys

Hi Leo,

I am new here, in fact this is my first reply to a post, (you are the winner!) but I did actually order the hair steamer that you had linked and I received it a couple of days ago. Naturally I had to try it out as soon as I got it home and set it up. It got really hot and steamy but I did not stay under long, just wanted to see if it actually worked. Don't try the hair-only website, I initially tried with them but they wanted me to send my credit card info through the email system...no way! Also, they could not give me a definite phone number or contact person to buy from. I honestly don't think they are a scam but I think they don't quite have it together yet. So, I hope this helps ladies who are thinking about purchasing one, especially my sista's in Europe where it can be so difficult to get anything for our hair!

Hi Leo,

I am new here, in fact this is my first reply to a post, (you are the winner!) but I did actually order the hair steamer that you had linked and I received it a couple of days ago. Naturally I had to try it out as soon as I got it home and set it up. It got really hot and steamy but I did not stay under long, just wanted to see if it actually worked. Don't try the hair-only website, I initially tried with them but they wanted me to send my credit card info through the email system...no way! Also, they could not give me a definite phone number or contact person to buy from. I honestly don't think they are a scam but I think they don't quite have it together yet. So, I hope this helps ladies who are thinking about purchasing one, especially my sista's in Europe where it can be so difficult to get anything for our hair!

Welcome to the board!

Lys

Congrats for everyone with money.
I am broke - so my Ghetto steam method will have to do.

heehee.

I don't own any hair appliances. No flat iron, curling iron, crimper, hot comb, blow dryer, diffuser, hooded dryer, bonnet dryer, steam cap, NOTHING.

The money I've saved by not buying any of those things is going to the steamer.

Lys

heehee.

I don't own any hair appliances. No flat iron, curling iron, crimper, hot comb, blow dryer, diffuser, hooded dryer, bonnet dryer, steam cap, NOTHING.

Lys

If only it were so! Girl how do you do it???

heehee.

Lys

If only it were so! Girl how do you do it???

Well, I keep my hair natural. I prefer braids, twists, bantu knots, those sort of styles. I just never needed any appliances.

Lys

Hi Leo,

Which steamer did you get? I really want the hair-only one, but I don't know they are taking FOREVER and a day to get their sh*t together. Tell us which one you got :D

Which steamer did you get? I really want the hair-only one, but I don't know they are taking FOREVER and a day to get their sh*t together. Tell us which one you got :D

Don't forget to check the voltage for US standard (110V-120V). Me and sunshinebeautiful was going to get a tabletop one off ebay, but it was coming from china and made with the higher voltage (220V) which would have required a step-down voltage converter here in the states...be careful, 'cause the higher wattage may cause some issues...my house is already electrically challenged:perplexed

ETA: My whole reason for posting this is because HairHustla is in Germany...

Still looking for a tabletop, $200 with shipping and handling for the one from hair-only.com is a little too rich for me right now:sad:

Last edited:
Don't forget to check the voltage for US standard (120V). Me and sunshinebeautiful was going to get a tabletop one off ebay, but it was coming from china and made with the higher voltage (220V) which would have required a step-down voltage converter here in the states...be careful, 'cause the higher wattage may cause some issues...my house is already electrically challenged:perplexed

Still looking for a tabletop, $200 with shipping and handling for the one from hair-only.com is a little too rich for me right now:sad:

I have had my eye on the hair-only.com one for a long while now. I've been waiting for them to get their online shopping up and still nothing. I might just break down and order via fax or phone. They do also accept paypal so I'll do that since it's safer.

I just emailed to ask if they have the steamer in stock. If they do, I'm buying it ya'll!!!!!!!!!

I have had my eye on the hair-only.com one for a long while now. I've been waiting for them to get their online shopping up and still nothing. I might just break down and order via fax or phone. They do also accept paypal so I'll do that since it's safer.

I just emailed to ask if they have the steamer in stock. If they do, I'm buying it ya'll!!!!!!!!!

Girl, please let us know if you do and how the customer service was and how the steamer works. I'd be more willing to spend $200 if someone could vouch for the company. (Their broken English on their website and in the subsequent email they sent me was killing me...It's one thing to speak Ebonics on purpose...:lachen:)

How do you do Paypal over the Phone? :look: (as you can see, not an experienced on-line shopper...)

Girl, please let us know if you do and how the customer service was and how the steamer works. I'd be more willing to spend $200 if someone could vouch for the company. (Their broken English on their website and in the subsequent email they sent me was killing me...It's one thing to speak Ebonics on purpose...:lachen:)

How do you do Paypal over the Phone? :look: (as you can see, not an experienced on-line shopper...)

LOL...yep their broken english is KILLIN'. I called in late march and I couldn't understand the guy with whom I spoke...Oh paypal is not over the phone...that was me thinking that I should just pay over the phone or fax (then I checked the website and saw they accept paypal) then decided I can do that. For paypal all you need is an email address for the payee (well and a paypal account) and you can send payment through that and all your information is safe because they don't see your bank info!!!!!

I will def. let you know how it all goes...as you can imagine I've been wanting this thing forever...I miss my steam treatments in Kenya...WANT IT!!!!!!!:yep:

LOL...yep their broken english is KILLIN'. I called in late march and I couldn't understand the guy with whom I spoke...Oh paypal is not over the phone...that was me thinking that I should just pay over the phone or fax (then I checked the website and saw they accept paypal) then decided I can do that. For paypal all you need is an email address for the payee (well and a paypal account) and you can send payment through that and all your information is safe because they don't see your bank info!!!!!

I will def. let you know how it all goes...as you can imagine I've been wanting this thing forever...I miss my steam treatments in Kenya...WANT IT!!!!!!!:yep:

Me, too! Lemme know!

Ok ladies!!!!!! I JUST placed my order online for my table-top hair steamer from http://hair-only.com/hair-care.html

Their online shopping is up!!!!!!!!!!! I paid with paypal (but you can use credit/debit too). Total cost is 169.99 (free ground shipping!). I'm SUPER excited. I will post picks and my review of it. I'm sure it will work great :)

:yay::yay::yay:

Last edited:
heehee.

Lys

WHOA. WHAAT?

"Lawd Lawd. Give me the self control of Lys... Please Lawd!":amen::amen:

Hi ladies (and any gentlemen),

I'm new to this site and I'm learning a ton. Can someone give me a detailed break down of how they are using this hair steamer? Are you washing and then conditioning and using the steamer then rinsing and drying? I'm confused. :ohwell:

^^^ A steam treatment is a form of deep treatment. You wash your hair, apply conditioner and sit under the steamer for some time (usually 20-40 min) without a cap, just your hair and conditioner in it. You can also use henna (or cassia) as a treatment. What it does is it helps moisture get into the strands better (USE DISTILLED WATER!!!!). The result: soft, supple, moisturized, stronger hair. Also the gentle heat from the steam helps with blood circulation in the scalp which in turn promotes hair growth and decreases breakage!

HTH

Ok ladies!!!!!! I JUST placed my order online for my table-top hair steamer from http://hair-only.com/hair-care.html

Their online shopping is up!!!!!!!!!!! I paid with paypal (but you can use credit/debit too). Total cost is 169.99 (free ground shipping!). I'm SUPER excited. I will post picks and my review of it. I'm sure it will work great :)

Nice job! :grin: The order I placed for the tabletop steamer through ebay fell through. :wallbash: Still waiting on my refund. :rolleyes: But I think I may order this one instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo

uhhhh....me,too!:grin::lachen:i'll keep you updated

aaaauuuuggggghhhhh! I missed delivery of my steamer today!!!:wallbash: I gotta go pick it up at the Post Office tomoorw after 8am....:wallbash: I'll keep you informed. I plan to do my first DC tomorrow night...

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo

aaaauuuuggggghhhhh! I missed delivery of my steamer today!!!:wallbash: I gotta go pick it up at the Post Office tomoorw after 8am....:wallbash: I'll keep you informed. I plan to do my first DC tomorrow night...

this is the one I want. I have been leaving hints everywhere. If the(DH & DS) noticed I hope they get it for mother's day.:look:

Back