hair steamers - who has one?

I finally got my steamer up and running. I love it. I steam every Friday. My hair has sure thanked me for it. It's hard to go back to DCing since I've fallen in love with steaming.

Is it necessary to Deep Condition while steaming or does steaming kind of replace the DC?
What kind did you get? Where did you find it? I would say steaming is your DC, unless you want to limit the amount of times per month you want to steam. I have read that you should only stream once per month, but that may not hold as true for natural heads...that's my guess.

Laides, any thoughts on steaming frequencies? :scratchch

^^ My hair was DRY before I started using my steamer. I used it twice a week for about a month but now I seem to be using it around once a month...twice a month if I'm doing a henna treatment.

Love me some steam....:grin:

I think if one wants to save money just take a big pot of steaming hot water and use the steam from there without burning your face or tipping over the pot. But if you have the money a steamer is a nice investment too.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Last edited:
Girl, don't hesitate ! Buy it! steaming is the best! I started at once a week when I first got mine and now, it's once every 2 weeks. I've found that my hair really does need the moisture and combined with NTM deep conditioner as a relaxer stretcher (I'm in my 32 week) You shouldn't be without it !

I purchased one from the deal Tyte Curlz has set up and when I used it faithfully my hair loved it. I've fell off when I went on vacation but steamed yesterday and my hair feells so soft i had to put on my scarf to keep from playing in it. It's becoming a staple again. I'm going to do 2x a month and see my results.

I'm ordering a table top one this morning from beauty-beauty.com. I can't wait till I get it!:grin:

ETA- I just called Beauty-beauty.com and was informed that they are discontinuing the table top steamer :blush::nono::wallbash::evil::mad:!!!!
Now I have to get something more expensive! The one from hair-only is $169!! Way too much money for such a small steamer I'd rather get a bigger one then...sigh.:nono:

Last edited:
Amazon has a tabletop one for $99.99. Just search for "hair steamers" and it should be the first one to come up. I think I will get one at some point but that would take all of my hair budget for the month. I still have stuff to buy!

I'm ordering a table top one this morning from beauty-beauty.com. I can't wait till I get it!:grin:

ETA- I just called Beauty-beauty.com and was informed that they are discontinuing the table top steamer :blush::nono::wallbash::evil::mad:!!!!
Now I have to get something more expensive! The one from hair-only is $169!! Way too much money for such a small steamer I'd rather get a bigger one then...sigh.:nono:

amazon has the hair-only one for $99:yep:. I spent 169 for it, but it's the same...

i still want a steamer but my head is spinning from all the different options and i want to get the best most inexpensive one...we'll see but hopefully i will make a choice within the next couple of days

I recently bought a stand up used one from SalonsRUs for 100 bucks including shipping! They are an ebay store. it was a showroom model and it works perfectly. I felt an amazing difference with my hair and will probably use this thing every week forever!

Here is there website but it won't be the same price b/c I got a store model.

http://salonsrus.com/

Last edited:
Ya'll ain't gonna believe this.... I started this thread AGES ago and still haven't bought a steamer. *hangs head in shame*

After that issue I had with another vendor and getting my money back, I finally said, *** it and forgot all about it.

I still want one. And I'm pressing the "order" button now. :look:

ETA: Buying the tabletop one from Amazon. :grin:

Last edited:
Ya'll ain't gonna believe this.... I started this thread AGES ago and still haven't bought a steamer. *hangs head in shame*

After that issue I had with another vendor and getting my money back, I finally said, *** it and forgot all about it.

Hi there,

Can you share the link for the steamer?

tia,
tishee

A steamer is at the top of my list for purchase in 2009 after I save up for a bit. I'll get one in the spring :dance7:

Everyone please add the links where you are finding good deals...I'll do the same when I start researching... :up:

My steamer was purchased from evasalons.com. It was ordered yesterday and they shipped it out today. The steamer was 139.88 with free shipping.

I think I'll be asking for one for my b-day...DH is going to have a fit after buying the pibbs LOL!

:lachen:You are hilarious!!!

Girl - it has been a tough year!!! I understand!

Okay, you guys have twisted my leg. Uncle...Uncle...Uncle...:lachen:

I will be purchasing a tabletop steamer within the next two weeks.:drunk:

This is such an informative thread!!! :grin: I have read all the posts and feel like a really informed shopper and have even visited most of the sites listed here. I really want a steamer even more now. :yep: I love to deep condition my hair and have joined a Deep Conditioning Challenge for 2009 and think this would be great. Thanx ladies for all the great info and sharing...it has really been helpful. I will post when I order and use.

Has anyone else gotten the Pibbs Misty Steamer?

I remember someone posting a link for a sale on it. I'll try to find it- the search feature is still boo boo. :(

I am thinking about purchasing a steamer too but I am wondering if the results will be any different from wrapping my hair in Saran Wrap and sitting under my dryer for my dc. After my rollerset, I wrap my head again in Saran Wrap and sit under my dryer for another 15 mins. My hair comes soft and my roots are moist and straight.

Hey!! I was wondering...I did a bentonite clay treatment on my hair the other night and was wondering if I could do it with the steamer? Would it work correctly...it is days later and my hair is still very soft from the treatment? hmmmmm... just a thought. If anyone has any thoughts please post.

I just received mine yesterday, I ordered it last Tuesday so it took exactly a week to get to me. I used it last night and love it and for $149 free shipping you can't beat it.

ETA: I actually ordered from Salons R Us but i think they're the same company.

This is where I plan to order mine...can't wait!

Back