Fine haired ladies pls show your hair

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL

Fine, medium-density 4a hair.

grnidmonster

I must try the castor oil. I air dri but my hair is so thin and the strands so fine. I try to do protein but I'm really careful, with thes fine strand an overload would be a disaster!

An_gell

I have fine hair, and what has helped me the most with retention is low manipulation and protein. My hair loves protein so I make sure I have a good balance of moisture and protein so far so good.

Spongebob

Ladies laies ladies!!!!! Awesomely beautiful hair. Thank you so much for reaching out and posting. The motivation makes it easier to continue on. Hopefully ne day....
Thank you again.

grnidmonster. it feels like forever but after only 2 years you will feel like you have a decent head of hair. hang in there. the 1st few months are the hardest,it will gets easier with time. our hair is more vulnerable and less resilient and doesn't resist damage well, a protein rich diet has helped me.

after wash

dry and oiled

1st and only time straighened

greenandchic

Fine to medium strands and medium density here. Ceramides (oils mostly), henna and protein are my friends. I never knew how important protein is for my hair type until recently. I'm not on a set schedule per se, but I see what my hair needs in any given day (henna or protein) and take care of it. Ceramides are for daily maintenance.

ETA: I just noticed that your hair hates oils, but AO conditioners contains ceramides...

Last edited:

Leesh

Very fine and thin, at times very frustrating, but hey, whatcha gone do. Don't know my type, don't really use typing, but here ya go!

Last edited:

keepithealthy

Fine strands medium density natural 3c/4a. My fine hair loves protein and oils. I do a hard protein after I straighten or when I feel my hair needs it. I use light proteins as needed. My hair can get dry so I try to stay up on my moisture game and DC weekly. I just want to encourage you to continue to be patient and keep an upbeat attitude and I am sure that your hair will be back on track in no time. HHG :D

wng
2011-11-04 20-57-28.246 wash and go.jpg

Last edited:

SimplyBlessed

Thin fine n all the above checking in...will be back with pics...but yall give me hope

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using myTouch_4G_Slide

bride91501

Mostly fine haired 4b natural checking in.

All my life, people have told me how thick my hair is but it's a lie lol. My hair is high density, but most of my strands are fine and I'm learning just how important protein is in my reggie. Henna, daily use of ceramide oils, PSing, MT, and regular PTs are all staples in my reggie and help to keep my strands strong. I credit MT with thickening up my hair even more over the last 6 months since I began using it.

For those who are wondering how strong of a PT their strands can take, I've recently begun experimenting by adding an egg to my regular light PT. This has allowed me to test my hair's tolerance for a heavier PT. So far, so good.....

Here are some pics from last year that demonstrate how my hair can appear much thicker than it really is:

December 2010

The SAME Head of Hair, Flat-ironed :perplexed

Last edited:

melisandre

My hair is natural 4a/b with fine strands / thin hair. The first pic is my puff/afro. The second is my hair flat ironed (SL) and put in a bun. I can't wait 'til my bun gets bigger! :grin:

Attachments

• hairshot2.jpg
    hairshot2.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 44
  • bun.jpg
    bun.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 46

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I have very thin and fine hair and a slow and uneven grower.

As I've aged, my hair has become thinner even with good hair practices due to hormonal changes (I'm 53). I thank God for the hair I do have so try to be thankful and do the best with what I have. I worry sometimes what it will look like in my 60s and 70s, but I will stay the course and continue with protein and moisture and henna/indigo (to cover the grays).

In all the pictures, you can see how fine my hair is.

This pic was taken a few days after I joined LHCF in 2006.

I have pics of my hair in 2007, which was at it's worst, but can't find to post.
I'd suffered setback after setback learning to do my own hair. I used to go to the hairdressers 1-2x a week before I started doing my own hair and I paid the price. My hair was a mess! :ohwell:

I've had several inches cut off the past several years due to uneven growth patterns which are natural. My goal is not necessarily length, but health.
I think I've reached my terminal length.

This is in February 2011 (5 weeks post) after a wash and airdry

This is in October 2011 after removal of curlers from a rollerset. I've had 1-1.5 inches cut since the February picture.

ebsalita

Some beautiful pictures ladies, it's amazing how hair can look thick when it's actually fine. Here's my blowdried and flat ironed ponytail. It might look kinda puny, but it is what it is :look:

But this is what it looks like unmanipulated:

I'd wish for thicker hair, but in all honesty, there's nothing wrong with working with what you've got - God only gave me as much as he thought I could handle, and I'm content with that :yep: