Do Satin/Silk Scarves still dry out your hair?

Evolving78

I have 100% silk bonnet and I've discovered after all these years that it was soaking the moisture from my hair. I guess because the fibers are natural and not synthetic. So I saturated the bonnet in oil (removed the excess) and I am going to test it out tonight.

**I wear one of those tightly weaved crocheted hats over my bonnets anyway so the oil won't get on my bedding.
I have the same problem.

Lady_NakoPenda

Length goals!
Okay so apparently the oil method for the silk bonnet works. I saturated the bonnet in oil and then rung out all of the excess. After having it on my hair for several hours, I took it off and my hair did not feel dry at all and the bonnet still held the oil. My hair was not oily either.

Evolving78

Ok I ordered a yard of charmeuse satin from the fabric store. I hope this will help. My scarf zapped the moisture out again.

snoop

I've not had that problem with my silk scarves or bonnets. The polyester satin in the other hand doesn't keep ther moisture in my hair. I've not tried a silk satin scarf, though.

Evolving78

I've not had that problem with my silk scarves or bonnets. The polyester satin in the other hand doesn't keep ther moisture in my hair. I've not tried a silk satin scarf, though.
I picked up some more satin fabric.. good grief! No wonder folks charge what they do if your just order a bonnet, or scarf. The fabric alone cost a lot, and then you have materials. DIY is never cheap! lol I'm a crafter and you come out way more just getting materials! It's just like being a makeup artist. You have to constantly replace a bunch of items... things get old, expire, run out, especially with foundation, glosses, and liquid/cream eye products! Ok I just went on a rant.. lol

snoop

I picked up some more satin fabric.. good grief! No wonder folks charge what they do if your just order a bonnet, or scarf. The fabric alone cost a lot, and then you have materials. DIY is never cheap! lol I'm a crafter and you come out way more just getting materials! It's just like being a makeup artist. You have to constantly replace a bunch of items... things get old, expire, run out, especially with foundation, glosses, and liquid/cream eye products! Ok I just went on a rant.. lol

Have you tried the Dharma Company? I bought some stuff from them but haven't tried them yet.