Ladies; are your scarves REALLY silk?

dimpalz

Hey, I was wondering are your wrap/head scarves really REAL silk/satin. Mine's is silky but I KNOW it's not silk. It might be polyester, it's def not cotton tho. So I put this to you, does everyone who ties up their hair at night or for airdrying use a real silk or satin scarf or will anything silky or satine do?
TIA

MizaniMami

Yeah lol, I know my scarf is real silk, i ordered it from a fabric store. Anyways I think any sateen/silk/satin scarf will do. As long as it's realllly smooth.

sweetcashew

Mine is real silk. My mom gave it to me as a christmas present about 10 years ago. She was appalled that I wore it on my head instead of around my neck cause she paid an arm and a leg for it.
Needless to say after ten years of wearing it every night it still looks good. No holes, nothing. It was worth the money.

MeccaMedinah

Definitely silk. I bought them at a department store & they had the "100% silk" tags on them

Last edited:

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
i know mine are silk well some of them the goodwill is a great place to find those giant old school 70s scarves for like $3

baglady215

Mine is silky. :lol:

I got it from the hair store. I have a satin one that I made from a piece of fabric, but it slides off too easy. So I use my silky scarf from the hair store and a satin pillowcase as well.

loonatick

well hun, mines is satin, i got the material from the fabric store, and got a friend of my mums to sew me up some pillowcases. I used the remnants for a head scarf.

Store bought scarves should have little labels on them or the packaging though.

KhandiB

100% SIlk .. Its an Anne Klien Scarf, was a gift about 4 years ago, and on the actual scarf itself it says 100% SILK :lol: