Scarves...

kytrona

Is it only silk and satin scarfs that prevent moisture loss at night? I can't find affordable silk scarves online, and I have tried at least 5 types of satin scarves/wraps but they come off when I sleep. Now, there's this scarf that I love dearly, I have no clue what material it's made from - probably polyester. It manages to stay put all night.
Right now, I'm using it for my braids, but I'm worried that it won't be protective enough when I take my hair out. Any ideas where to find silk scarves for under $10, the long kind as opposed to the square ones (those are easier for me to tie) Have any of you had good experiences with "silk-like" scarves?

cybra

Well, I don't know if this will help but I bought a satin sleep "bonnet" from Sally's and I think it works fine. It stays on at night but it's not tight...so if you are trying to hold a style in place this might not work. But, you may want to try that.

kytrona

Thanks Cybra...somehow I don't think my S.O. can handle a bonnet yet
he just started getting used to the scarves...

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Check this post I have 5 of her scarves now. I think the most expensive one cost me $12 total.

Cristina sells a long, rectangular polyester scarf that doesn't slip and slide all over the place. I've seen it at Sally's and Walmart.

MeccaMedinah

I bought two long silk scarves from Filenes for 5.99 each. You may want to look in the department stores. I also bought a silk rectangular one from marshalls for about $12.

keeshesfromindy

Or you could go to the salvation army and get some silk shirts for really cheap and tie them around your head. It works for me and they have been great. I have relaxed 4a/4b hair, my hair feels great now.