December '08 OCT/Mega-Tek Challenge-Wrap up

I posting the link to my big reveal video in case some of you ladies did not get a chance to see it because you were away for the holidays. I'm saving you from having to read several pages back when I posted my original announcement. I'll take it down in a few weeks unless i figure out another way to host that video. Unfortunately, onemedia is charging me to have a premium account due to all the extra stuff I got going on in that video.

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=7b0eed1379295d5bd7e6e2&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

Making sure everyone got a chance to see it. Not trying to get get beat up again.:bat:

Hey - i am wanting to start this month on the challange.. its so hard looking back to find a regimine for daily washing/conditioning ect. I am new and just want the basics of getting started. luckly i read a few to find out that you dont actually apply MT directly on the hair or i would have been a mangled mess. my hair has length but its thin, brittle/weak just not healthy. i was just about to place the order but not sure what i actaully need if you can reply soon i would appreciate it. :perplexed

I was just getting ready to post a progress update to the November thread 'til I saw this one.

I finally uploaded my start photos. They're in my public album. My signature shows my new start date of 11/19/2008 vice 10/24/2008. So my December reveal won't reveal too much. I had to trim my ends after I exploded them with my Remington Wet-to-Dry flat-iron. My hair was too wet and the steam and heat was brutal. But, my ends are a lot healthier (and uneven) since the trim so I'm in good spirits.

After a 1 week break I'm back to MegaTeking 3 times a week. I took a week off in order to get my moisture back. I double processed Henna/Hendigo'd my hair and the moisture got stripped out. Also, this cold dry weather didn't help either. Plus, I had to stop taking a garlic supplement and find a different one. The first one gave me sinus congestion and headaches. Those 3 changes spelled breakage and shedding.

I just hit 8 weeks post texturizer yesterday and my new growth is manageable. My goal is to stretch to 12 weeks before a touch-up. So to celebrate I treated my hair to an intensive Rhassoul/conditioner Home Grown Steam Treatment. I got the idea from the Bentonite conditioner thread. I didn't have any Bentonite so I used the Rhassoul instead. I highly recommend the Home Grown Steam Treatment with a good moisturizing conditioner to restore the moisture balance. Plus, a final coffee rinse as a topical treatment to combat shedding does the trick too.

Lastly, welcome to the new comers.

Woe is me! I just applied MT to my hair in the shower. 3 minutes later I had hard hair. It was coming out in my comb. Two DCs, some olive oil, 1 hour of heat, 1 leave in, 2 moisturizers and 1 sealing oil later and my hair is soft but still breaking off in the comb in little pieces. *Sigh*
I can do it just fine with OCT but I guess MT is just too strong for my hair....lesson learned.

LB... I only use MT/OCT on my scalp--never on my hair lest my hair goes into protein overload. I use both while rollersetting my hair. I put it on the parts right before I roll it to make sure it doesn't get on my hair. You may want to stop using it as a conditioner.

I was not aware that the challenge was supposed to end in March. Sorry Ladies!

If someone would like to take over as the challenge poster I would be more than happy to let them. I haven't had much time for posting on the forum lately.

Hey ladies, I think I'm going to bow gracefully out of this challenge, I did receive good growth from MT/OCT, but I'm so occupied with my Ayurveda, I rarely use it anymore. If you go to my album in my profile, it tracks my progress from August. DSD please remove me from the list. HHG:grin:

Hey ladies, I think I'm going to bow gracefully out of this challenge, I did receive good growth from MT/OCT, but I'm so occupied with my Ayurveda, I rarely use it anymore. If you go to my album in my profile, it tracks my progress from August. DSD please remove me from the list. HHG:grin:
OMG:blush:- Your hair looks wonderful:drunk:!

Here are my pics...6 months. Not impressed. not sure that I will reup.

length010209-vi.jpg

Here are my pics...6 months. Not impressed. not sure that I will reup.

length010209-vi.jpg

What?! It looks like you got about 3 inches in 6 months, which is 6 inches in a year ("avg", i guess) but I will be very happy if MT & OCT can get my hair up to an "average" growth rate of 6 inches a year!
Or have you always had hair that grows at the average rate?
I think you made great progress. :yep:

Hi Everyone,

I am definitely pleased with my progress as well. I started using MT w/oil in at the very end of September (I was pretty inconsistent but I would say that I averaged about 2 applications a week) and I just got my most recent perm at the 9.5 week mark and EVERYONE has been giving me compliments about how long my hair has gotten. I would estimate that I got a good 2 inches of growth and noticeable increase in thickness. I will update my pikistrip below in the next day or so but I have the say that I can "feel" the difference. Starting this month January, I am adding Ovation to the Megatek/Oil mix and will look at my progress in mid-March. Good luck ladies!

I should get my bottle of MT next week, then I'll be jumping on the challenge wagon! I'm going to combine MT with Ayurveda and see what happens.

I'd be willing to run a new thread for 2009, if no one else wants to? :look:

ETA: I checked, and no-one has started one, so I'll start a new thread. It'll be up in a few....

Last edited:
I'd be willing to run a new thread for 2009, if no one else wants to? :look:

ETA: I checked, and no-one has started one, so I'll start a new thread. It'll be up in a few....

Yup:yep: JK, you should start the MT/OCT 2009 Challenge. Good idea! I haven't seen you in the new DC challenge as yet though:nono:, what gives:perplexed?

Yup:yep: JK, you should start the MT/OCT 2009 Challenge. Good idea! I haven't seen you in the new DC challenge as yet though:nono:, what gives:perplexed?

:blush3: I've been a bad, bad, only DC'ing once a week girl. :sekret: I need to drag my butt on over there, and stop slacking.... :lachen:

Here's the new thread, everyone!

Thanks, JustKiya!!! I saw your updates in a another thread. You holding back on us?

:lachen: Not at all!! I save my favorite/most involved threads for last.... :lol: :look: I got a routine. ;)

Back