Can I ask a DUMB question

How do you do the side-by-side growth comparisons without using photoshop?

Someone once told me that you can use paint, but I couldn't ever figure it out. Is there a program that I can use that's free online to do this? TIA ( thanks in advance ) for your suggestion :D

Nevermind....I just answered my own question:

How to do Hair Comparison Pics the easier way...
Ok I'm not that great with computers but here is what I did...

Step 1: Go to Microsoft word and insert pictures side by side. If you need to resize them to make sure they're side by side do that. Make sure they are the same size.
Step 2: After sizing pics, write what you want to about them underneath...for example, one month progress, etc. etc. Center it and do whatever you need to do to make it work...colors and all
Step 3:Copy the pics and text
Step 4: Go to Paint on your computer. All computers should come with this application. It may be in accessories or somewhere, but it should be on there.
Step 5: When you go to paint, click edit, then paste your pics and text that you copied from microsoft word
Step 6: There may be extra space on the sides so use the arrows outside of the white part and move them in closer to the actual pic until you're happy with it
Step 7: Save it in Paint

The following steps are for 2 uses. One is for a siggy and one for inserting into a message:

To insert it into a message and not in your siggy
Step 8: Go to Photobucket.com and make an account
Step 9: Upload the picture from Paint
Step 10:Click customize link after you do this, then click on the picture
Step 11: Highlight the link that is for Forums and bulletin boards
Step 12: Paste it into your message and you're done

To insert into a siggy
When editing your siggy at the bottom it gives you the option of uploading a pic. Upload the pic you saved in paint and you should be good. If this doesn't work, follow the advice of doing photobucket, and paste the link in the provided space.

how do you use roux porosity control?
just do what it says on the bottle? - lather and rinse?
or should i let it sit a while etc?
thankssss

I would like to know the answer to this question as well. I find the instructions very confusing. They seem geared toward people who are getting a chemical service.

^^Below Shoulder Blade

If I cowash every day, do I still need to moisturize???

You have to listen to your hair and respond as needed. Different strokes for different folks.

I don't CW and never moisturize and my hair is fine. There are people who find they have to moisturize daily. Only you can determine what your hair needs. Following what another does instead of listening to your hair is why so many people have problems.

What is BSB? I'm only familiar with bsl.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Below Shoulder Blade...Notice how all the other lengths correspond to a body part, then there's that lone BSL...which is oh so subjective...

What is BSB? I'm only familiar with bsl.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Below Shoulder Blade...Notice how all the other lengths correspond to a body part, then there's that lone BSL...which is oh so subjective...

@LadyChe To further illustrate what @Janet' said (especially the bold), here's a diagram :giggle:
sonBSLisnotanaccuratemilestone-vi.jpg

And BSL is just so one-sided that it got one of our members to come up with his own system and add NPL :rofl: (talmbout nipple length) coz he doesn't wear a bra. :lachen: I won't mention any names. :look: :giggle: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/member.php?u=520

Last edited:
I have a question...
I have my nape hair about 5 inches shorter than the rest, people tell me to cut all my hair even but others tell me that it is caused by using hair ties and wearing high ponytails, so to only use clips to pin up my hair. What are your thoughts?

I have a question...
I have my nape hair about 5 inches shorter than the rest, people tell me to cut all my hair even but others tell me that it is caused by using hair ties and wearing high ponytails, so to only use clips to pin up my hair. What are your thoughts?

@tinabambina that's a question that requires a thread of its own coz not everyone comes here, and folks who come here might not be able to identify with your problem because it hasn't happened to them so your question may never get answered. Creating a thread would pose your question to a bigger audience and you would most likely get more responses and perhaps a solution that way.

Hair ties can break hair but I'd think they'd be causing stress on all they hair they touch so unless only your nape is ever put in a tie, I'd think you'd have breakage on other strands at the point the tie touches them if that was it. Your collar might be rubbing on your nape. Hair at your nape is closest to your clothes so would endure the most friction and hence wear and tear at the ends leading to breakages... So many reasons, but those who've walked in your shoes would be able to give the best advice as they probably solved the problem and can share a solution.

Start a thread on this. :poke:

I have a question...

Agree, better response in a newly created thread. Nape can be impacted by ties, rubbing against clothing, not properly moisturizing, pullying pony to tight, etc.

K...I have no idea if this has been asked before, and maybe I'm just a dummy (lol) but...
How do I change the "member" text underneath my name to something cool like a lot of people have?

K...I have no idea if this has been asked before, and maybe I'm just a dummy (lol) but...
How do I change the "member" text underneath my name to something cool like a lot of people have?
Just this week I was wondering about this!!???!?!!??

drmuffin, Nix08, go to User CP, click on edit your Details then scroll down to Optional Information and you should see Custom User Title. Then you can change it to whatever you want.

I have a dumb question. I am thinking of doing straw set and I don't know whether to sit under the dryer or air dry. can you sit under the dryer or will the straw melt? since straws are plastic and i don't know if straws are flammable.

I have a dumb question. I am thinking of doing straw set and I don't know whether to sit under the dryer or air dry. can you sit under the dryer or will the straw melt? since straws are plastic and i don't know if straws are flammable.

Yes, you can sit under the dryer. Most people I know sit under the dryer, self included, and I haven't heard of any problems with the straws melting.

Hair texture. So as I'm braiding my hair and looking at my shed hair. I'm finding hairs that are type 2, 3a and 3b. I'm 100% natural but I was just wondering if I'm the only one that has found hairs like this in 3c/4a texture.

Back