Cake Mix Fragrance Oil

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I got some scents awhile back from here. http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/Fragrance-Oils.aspx

They are great scents. I got Ralph Lauren Romance, Chanel Chance, Cake Batter Ice Cream, Pink Sugar and Japanese Cherry Blossom. I really wish I had gotten a pumpkin one since I've fallen in love with Darcy's Botanicals Pumpkin conditioner. I like scenting my own oils and stuff. My plan was to buy a deep conditioner base to scent my own deep conditioner and save tons of money but I haven't bought it yet. Meanwhile I've been scenting crisco for my skin and hair (sooooo nice!...I'll never need to buy expensive butters again) and moisturizers and oils. Gonna check out the sites mentioned cuz I hate that wholesalesupplies has a $30 minimum to order.

I think Cake Batter Ice Cream and Pink Sugar are my fav's. Cake Batter smells soooo good:lick:. I just want to lick it. It smells a lot like Hairveda Vatika Frosting and Pink Sugar is an exact dupe for Aquolina Pink Sugar.

Last edited:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I got some scents awhile back from here. http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/Fragrance-Oils.aspx

They are great scents. I got Ralph Lauren Romance, Chanel Chance, Cake Batter Ice Cream, Pink Sugar and Japanese Cherry Blossom. I really wish I had gotten a pumpkin one since I've fallen in love with Darcy's Botanicals Pumpkin conditioner. I like scenting my own oils and stuff. Meanwhile I've been scenting crisco for my skin and hair (sooooo nice!...I'll never need to buy expensive butters again) and moisturizers and oils. Gonna check out the sites mentioned cuz I hate that wholesalesupplies has a $30 minimum to order.

I think Cake Batter Ice Cream and Pink Sugar are my fav's. Cake Batter smells soooo good:lick:. I just want to lick it. It smells a lot like Hairveda Vatika Frosting and Pink Sugar is an exact dupe for Aquolina Pink Sugar.

Pokahontas, Cake Batter was already on my list, but now I am going to look at the Pink Sugar cause I had Sugar Cookie on my list.

As far as scenting your oils, moisturizer, and whatever else what is the ratio that you use?

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
@Pokahontas, Cake Batter was already on my list, but now I am going to look at the Pink Sugar cause I had Sugar Cookie on my list.

As far as scenting your oils, moisturizer, and whatever else what is the ratio that you use?
I was never able to really find the mixing ratio's so since I make very small batches I just drop some in little by little until it smells the way I want. I think I saw someone on youtube who uses 2tsp. for 16 oz of conditioner.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I was never able to really find the mixing ratio's so since I make very small batches I just drop some in little by little until it smells the way I want. I think I saw someone on youtube who uses 2tsp. for 16 oz of conditioner.

Pokahontas, this is exactly what I seen online. I was just making sure from others, thanks!

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Add .5% fragrance (0.5% = 1/2 teaspoon per 16 ounces of spray moisturizing base)
For butters and/or moisturizers, I see 2 tsp of FO for 16oz

@kaytorry: This depends on how strong you want your scents in general, so I would start here as a minimum then go up.

But I have an 8oz bottle that I added about 1-2 tbsp of Cake Mix to :lick:. But I would recommemd anyone to start slow and go up, its easier to add than it is to take away.

Last edited:

toinette

Tricking the president
ok so at Saveonscent this is my list:

Sweet Tahiti
Almond Biscotti
Sugar Cookie
Fig
Chocolate Decadence
Dulce De Leche
Sex On The Beach (Sweet)

these are all gonna be 1oz. What do you guys think? also, I'm thinking about musk but kind of on the fence. Yay or nay?

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang

Sweet Tahiti
Almond Biscotti
Sugar Cookie
Fig
Chocolate Decadence
Dulce De Leche
Sex On The Beach (Sweet)

these are all gonna be 1oz. What do you guys think? also, I'm thinking about musk but kind of on the fence. Yay or nay?

toinette, Musk is kinda too much for the spring and summer, leave that for the winter if you do get it.

I got Sex on the Beach on my wish list, I have a pink sugar in my bag, sweet tahiti sounds good.

How much is your shipping? I wanted to get something from over there but I wanted $10 for shipping and I only had like $7 worth of stuff. I know it doesnt seem like nothing but thats $20 for 7-1oz bottles, I didnt want them THAT bad LOL :nono:.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Ok I am finally about to order from WSP, this is what I got for my 1st order LOL:

(2) 6.5oz jars w/ twist lid = $3.30
2oz Cake Batter Ice Cream = $8.01
2oz Caribbean Coconut = $6.48
2oz Banana = $4.52
2oz Pink Sugar = $5.68
4oz Plastic Bottle w/ pump top = $2.03
4oz Plastic Bottle w/ twist top nozzle = $1.09
Total is $31.11

Their most popular fragrances seem to be higher, ofcourse. But I HAD to order the things I really wanted first because that was my reason for making this thread.

AyannaDivine

toinette said:

Sweet Tahiti
Almond Biscotti
Sugar Cookie
Fig
Chocolate Decadence
Dulce De Leche
Sex On The Beach (Sweet)

Nay. Its been hard for me to find a good musk online...the scents always end up musty instead of musky lol!

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
It seems like a lot of people love the foodie scents lol. I wish I could find an oil for the victoria's secret shampoo and con scent. I think it's called so sexy. Man I love that scent. Anyone seen it?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

kellistarr

They are great scents. I got Ralph Lauren Romance, Chanel Chance, Cake Batter Ice Cream, Pink Sugar and Japanese Cherry Blossom. I really wish I had gotten a pumpkin one since I've fallen in love with Darcy's Botanicals Pumpkin conditioner. I like scenting my own oils and stuff. My plan was to buy a deep conditioner base to scent my own deep conditioner and save tons of money but I haven't bought it yet. Meanwhile I've been scenting crisco for my skin and hair (sooooo nice!...I'll never need to buy expensive butters again) and moisturizers and oils. Gonna check out the sites mentioned cuz I hate that wholesalesupplies has a $30 minimum to order.

Hi,

I never thought about scenting Crisco. Great idea. Something I can do when I don't feel like making lotion or whipping some butter. My favorite supplier is candlescience.com they have fabulous scents at great prices. Organic Creations has a really nice conditioner base. All of you ladies have given me some great ideas. Buttercream frosting! Yummm

greenandchic

I got mine from this company called Shay and Company. They happen to be local to me, but you can order online. I purchased the Coconut Macaroon that smells a lot like cake.

"A delicious, sweet, creamy coconut. Buttery top notes with nuances of strawberry and orange. Sweet, burnt sugar at the heart of the fragrance with cinnamon and peach. Base notes of coconut, vanilla and powder."

I mix it with my Tresemme Naturals Conditioner since I use it so often and get sick of the smell.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Pokahontas said:
It seems like a lot of people love the foodie scents lol. I wish I could find an oil for the victoria's secret shampoo and con scent. I think it's called so sexy. Man I love that scent. Anyone seen it?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Yes its So Sexy, I will see if I can find some for you. I have the wave enhancer spray and it smells soooo good, got it from VS for semi annual a year or to ago.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Hi,

I never thought about scenting Crisco. Great idea. Something I can do when I don't feel like making lotion or whipping some butter. My favorite supplier is candlescience.com they have fabulous scents at great prices. Organic Creations has a really nice conditioner base. All of you ladies have given me some great ideas. Buttercream frosting! Yummm

Ahhhh heck look what you have done.
I want Jamaica Me Crazy.....:lick:

ReignLocks

Re: Fragrance Oil

@ReignLocks, which one you on? What scents you looking at?
And I dont see why not, ppl add EO to their sulfur mix.

I went on Wholesalesuppliesplus.com. I was wondering because I think there is alcohol involved with scented products. I wasn't sure how that would work with my 4b hair because it can dry out easily. I wonder if the oil content would be sufficient.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I went on Wholesalesuppliesplus.com. I was wondering because I think there is alcohol involved with scented products. I wasn't sure how that would work with my 4b hair because it can dry out easily. I wonder if the oil content would be sufficient.

ReignLocks, you can always call them to ask.
But I am pretty sure its a small amount, its not like you will be putting it on straight. You will be mixing it into other stuff, right? Can your hair handle peppermint oil and other EO's? If so it should be able to handle FO's. JMO :look:

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
Pokahontas which base did you buy. I really really really wanna but the 7lbs of the organical deep conditioner but there aren't that many reviews on it

ReignLocks

ZebraPrintLover, I will be adding it to my sulfur mix that already has EOs in it. So far it has been GREAT for my hair but the smell....Ugh. I'm still waiting on my order so hopefully I will have it by the end of the week.

My shipment arrived today, so that was pretty fast! Green apple smells just like an apple jolly rancher, cherryvanilla is delicious but I'm still deciding if I like buttercream...now my hot six oils smells like green apples.

I went to the store and already two people commented on the scent lol!

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
My shipment arrived today, so that was pretty fast! Green apple smells just like an apple jolly rancher, cherryvanilla is delicious but I'm still deciding if I like buttercream...now my hot six oils smells like green apples.

I went to the store and already two people commented on the scent lol!

@WhippedButterCreme, You had on the Green Apple? Who did you order from again?

^
Lol, nothing honestly! I just added enough oil until it was fragrant. I really added a few drops and that was enough for entire hot six oil bottle. But I think with each scent it will vary. Green apple is really strong, where with the buttercream scent is super subtle, so I'd probably have to use more.

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
I just got a Darcy's Shea product that wasn't very scented. I may put some fragrance in it