Safe Fragrances for Hair Products

tryn2growmyhair

I have been making my own hair goodies and while some of them have good stuff, a lot of them do not smell as good as store-bought products. Do any of you know of someplace where I can buy strong but nice smelling fragrance oils that are good for my hair? I bought From Nature with Love fragrance oils but got scared and stopped using them because they refused to let me know what was in them. I also have Monoi Tiare but the smell gets lost when I add it to my hair products, so I would like to find someplace that sells good fragrances or fragrance oils that are also good for the hair.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

I don't know of any off hand...but I do use essential oils a lot...recently purchased some from THIS SITE. Perhaps you can do a little research and put together something you might like. This site also tells you which oils blend well together also. Hope this helps.

I was also thinking of purchasing THIS CONDITIONER It looks pretty good.

Last edited:
Rose, lavender or orange essential oils are usually good bets. Aura Cacia sells essential blends too- you can purchase at Whole Foods...

Thanks much for all of the tips. However, I tried everything -- rose absolute jojoba mix (rose absolute by itself is too expensive, it's about $50 for a tiny bottle), lavender and a little ylang, ylang. ALL essential oils. I made a pomade using olive oil, shea butter, and horsetail tea. The tea has died the products a grass green and the hair stuff smells like grass. I think that I might have to use a stronger fragrance. Any more advice? Thanks in advance for the tips.

Back